Henderson, NV
Before care: Yes

The Henderson International School 4

Posted December 18, 2014
My daughter has been a student at Henderson International School for almost two years and we have been thrilled at her growth and development. The school offers a wonderful education and safe place to learn. I can see such a significant difference in how much she learns versus some of the public schools program. The program is top-notch. The administration and teachers are always available to listen and discuss any issues or concerns. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted December 16, 2014
The school has really gone south in the last few years. My children had attended & they have been fine but only because of the good teachers that they have had. The headmaster is terrible. Mr Alhborn the headmaster is fake. It is because of him that there is so much teacher turnover. He also instituted a new grading policy & have had the teachers inform the students that B's or meeting expectations is the standard. It is not right to demand mediocrity from your students. I believe you should hold your students to the highest expectations possible. I have known several parents this year that had to pull their child. They lost 100 families from last year to this year. At approx $1000 a month per child, that is a loss of $100,000 per month they lost in fees from last year to this year and still the headmaster continues as if he knows best. The Meritas Schools should fire him. We will be leaving next year. We would leave now if I did not think it would be too disruptive for the kids. It is too bad as there are some REALLY GOOD teachers at this school, however there are some really bad teachers too. Shouldn't it be the headmaster's job to recruit the best teachers?

Posted August 18, 2014
We love HIS. Coming from the East coast from a state that was the top in the country in education to Nevada which ranks 50th in the nation we are so greateful for HIS. This is our 4th year and my son loves going to school. He has excelled as a student as well as an individual. The small class size, individual attention, and personal learning plan supported by caring teaching staff and administration fosters a great environment for him to thrive and succeed. We have met so many great families through the school and its social functions who care as much as we do about or children's education. We feel we are part of the HIS family. Considering the cost of a prep school back east we find HIS a great value.

Posted June 22, 2014
Beware of the fact the rotating door with teachers. It seems sad that the administration doesn't communicate well. The headmaster is a tool. Promises that they can't and won't keep. If you are looking for quality look somewhere else. It's not worth the money.

Posted June 02, 2014
I love this school...my kids love this school! We've been w HIS for 7 years n it has been the best experience. Worth every penny...my 4th grader is a phenomenl violin player thanks to HIS. It has the best balance of academic music arts sports...and they have a morning session called circle power of respect. It's a second home n family for not only the students but parents as well. We know each other and care about each others children. Every teacher there loves and has a passion for what they r teaching n it shows. I just attended class of 2014 graduation one of the most touching graduations I ever witnessed. Every graduate had a chance to speak n express their thoughts n feelings. The staff is always available n there r 2 principles n a headmaster w an open door policy. Each child is an individual n parents have to do what's best for that child. For my children it's HIS all the way.

Posted May 29, 2014
Have your children in public schools! You will know where your children place at. You have to face the reality before it's too late.

Posted May 06, 2014
This school offers a top notch education. The teachers and administration are always available for us as parents or our children. Our child has excelled over the past several years at HIS. The beautiful campus is a bonus. As far as private schools go, this is the only one that should be considered on this side of town.

Posted April 08, 2014
If you want to know about the education quality at any school, ask the administration, "How many teachers here have degrees in Education and how many hold teaching certificates and are licensed by the state of Nevada?" After they answer, ask, "How many teach their subject without any degree, education, or training in their subject matter?" It's always smart to check, especially if you're paying so much, if the teachers are just failed business people, corporate placed stooges, or summer camp quality staff that are cheaper than hiring skilled educators who always wanted to teach, not "settle" for teaching because of the economy. Check up on this fellow parents!! I'm glad I did. You'd be very surprised to see what you find.

The Henderson International School 2

Posted March 24, 2014
My child attended Hillcrest and loved it! When it became Henderson International my child was bullied almost every day. We spoke to the teachers and Head of school and they did nothing about the bullies and instead suggested it was a "family issue". We chose not to sue the school, but to change schools. Our child went from grades of D & F's to A's & B's. Issue solved!

Posted September 17, 2013
My children have attended HIS for three years. Unfortunately, this school is a mere shadow of the former Warren Walker School. What you get now is a lot of corporate hype and empty promises. The campus is beautiful and the curriculum reads well but the school administration doesn't deliver academically. The school is a favorite of rich parents in Henderson who like to have their nannys drop off their kids. Consequently, there is an almost total lack of community among the families. Overall, it's a very sad example of what private education has become in the US. Their only real selling point is that it's better than public schools (which I don't think is true and really amounts to a scare tactic they use on parents).

The Henderson International School
1165 Sandy Ridge Ave, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified The Henderson International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Henderson International School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top