Posted February 21, 2015
This is a superb school Pre to 8 grade!! I have seen many private schools and my son attends a great school in CA but after visiting this school for the second time - I am SOLD!! You have everything here and so much more. Staff is very attentive and caring. Administration was very informative during the tour. The school has great sports facilities incl a swimming pool on campus. I cannot believe my eyes how far ahead these children are in their academics and very well spoken children. You will never find all that this school offers in another school in Henderson! It's definitly worth every dollar they charge. Another last great important thing is that its maximum 20 students in each class. Don't pass the opportunity enrolling your children at Henderson International school!!!

The Henderson International School 1

Posted February 11, 2015
My children have been attending this school for many years and I am now starting to recognize a lot of gaps in their learning. They have started additional tutoring and the tutor is telling us they should be much farther in their learning. Other students who have left and are now attending the public schools in our area, are now complaining about how their children are so far behind. We are paying too much for our children not to be learning what they need to know to go to the next grade level.

Posted January 28, 2015
My two children look forward to coming to this school everyday. They miss it on the weekends and over breaks. My child's teacher sends us detailed, warm emails several times a week, letting us know what's going on in the classroom and what's coming up. The campus is beautiful. I especially love the well-rounded educational experience that my kids get there: physical education three times a week, science in a science lab a couple of times a week, Spanish, Art, even violin! The teachers obviously work very hard to know each child and meet their ability and interest levels. In the Elementary School, each classroom has iPads and various tech platforms are used both in the classroom and for homework. I'm impressed with how far above grade level my kids are reading, and the stuff they understand in math is beyond what I learned at that age, that's for sure! We feel so lucky that our kids are able to attend such a nurturing, enriching school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2015
We sought refuge at HIS in November after being, shall we say, neglected at Challenger. What a welcome change and a true blessing HIS is. #1 benefit is the "personalized learning plan" per child where the teacher works with the parents to identify areas of improvement for each individual child, because each subject is not one size fits all. I love the "specials" that my daughter never had before like music, art, science lab, Spanish and PE. I also like that there is study hall after school available, and clubs. HIS is very well rounded and I applaud their commitment to developing my child's social skills in addition to academics. One additional perk I am really enjoying, as a mom, is the level of parent involvement allowed and having a PTA. Since we've joined HIS, everyone has been so eager to help us fit in. Truly loving this school.

Posted January 15, 2015
Henderson International School is a wonderful school As a parent who moved their family out to Nevada from the East Coast, I can tell you that my children are receiving the same level of education that they would have received at a top-notch private school back East. The teachers push my children to really learn and understand each lesson plan they tackle and to reach their full potential. I have noticed that their vocabulary and their reasoning skills are beyond their years, and I feel confident that HIS has a lot to do with that. I am also proud that my children have achieved amazing scores on their standardized (ERB) testing, which I again attribute to the work they are doing at HIS. My oldest child has been at the school since pre-school and will graduate from 8th grade, ready to face any high school in the Valley. Go to their website, see what they have to offer, and take a tour. You will be impressed as well.

The Henderson International School 4

Posted December 18, 2014
My daughter has been a student at Henderson International School for almost two years and we have been thrilled at her growth and development. The school offers a wonderful education and safe place to learn. I can see such a significant difference in how much she learns versus some of the public schools program. The program is top-notch. The administration and teachers are always available to listen and discuss any issues or concerns. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted August 18, 2014
We love HIS. Coming from the East coast from a state that was the top in the country in education to Nevada which ranks 50th in the nation we are so greateful for HIS. This is our 4th year and my son loves going to school. He has excelled as a student as well as an individual. The small class size, individual attention, and personal learning plan supported by caring teaching staff and administration fosters a great environment for him to thrive and succeed. We have met so many great families through the school and its social functions who care as much as we do about or children's education. We feel we are part of the HIS family. Considering the cost of a prep school back east we find HIS a great value.

Posted June 02, 2014
I love this school...my kids love this school! We've been w HIS for 7 years n it has been the best experience. Worth every penny...my 4th grader is a phenomenl violin player thanks to HIS. It has the best balance of academic music arts sports...and they have a morning session called circle power of respect. It's a second home n family for not only the students but parents as well. We know each other and care about each others children. Every teacher there loves and has a passion for what they r teaching n it shows. I just attended class of 2014 graduation one of the most touching graduations I ever witnessed. Every graduate had a chance to speak n express their thoughts n feelings. The staff is always available n there r 2 principles n a headmaster w an open door policy. Each child is an individual n parents have to do what's best for that child. For my children it's HIS all the way.

The Henderson International School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
Have your children in public schools! You will know where your children place at. You have to face the reality before it's too late.

The Henderson International School
1165 Sandy Ridge Ave, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified The Henderson International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Henderson International School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top