PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We have been attending this school for 4 years and we can't say enough great things about it. From the staff, teachers and the principal himself, everyone is so kind and caring. Our child is thriving and becoming a smart, well rounded, caring human being. The creative arts program is amazing and the library is wonderful. Over 4 years we have only seen improvement and growth both in our child and in the services the school provides.

I have a daughter in middle school and let me just say that I am so happy I kept her at HIS. The teachers in middle school help each student. If my daughter has a problem or doesn't understand a concept the teachers are always available to help. And if I email them I get an immediate response. I absolutely love the small class sizes. If my daughter was in public school with 30 kids in her class she would be in the back of the room talking and not getting the instruction she needs. Another part I love about this school is that my daughter is on the volleyball team, basketball team, cheerleading and just mentioned she wants to try golf. Everything is at held at school and practices are on campus. She is also on student council, which is very active and meaningful with good leadership. I think the most important part to add to this review is that she is happy! She loves her classmates and teachers.

Overall so happy with our school! I feel our kids have grown so much not just academically but as caring individuals since attending HIS. I don't know of any other school in this area that offers the extent of specials (Spanish, arts, hands-on science, PE, and technology) as Henderson does.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the teachers are so dedicated and engaged in their students. I went to public school myself and I know that the teachers at Henderson invest so much in their students and their teaching in comparison.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

a lot of the homework is technology based which makes it easier since (at least my kids) are more motivated. they are allowed screen time when homework is completed

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

they have a team of specialists that will work with any kids who struggle. teacher / student ratios are also really low (less than 20 in each class, even in 3 and 4 grade) which helps if your kid needs extra attention (even if not a specific learning difficulty)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

frequent and effective communication via email and also through a grade level website with a calendar and with notes from the teachers there are parent nights on different topics which are a great way to meet other parents and get information on not only educational topics, but on things like internet security for kids

I've read some previous comments about homework and my thought is that I want the learning to be happening at school, not at home. That's what I'm paying my money for. The school day is long - why would I want my kids to come home after all that and have to do hours more of homework? I want them playing and engaging with the world, not sitting and doing more tedious paperwork. I've read a lot of articles about the current research and it shows that homework is often over-rated, that at the elementary level especially it actually can be more detrimental than helpful. I like that this school has nightly homework, but it's not too much and a lot of it is online, so we don't have all those papers going back and forth, plus my kids get instant feedback from the online program, which can't happen with paper homework.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I've experienced very little real bullying with my kids at this school. And it feels like students' behavior keeps getting better each year.

Supports LD students: Agree

I know they do a lot of small group instruction, plus they have extra experienced teachers that work with different groups of students at different levels.

Last modified The Henderson International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8