Posted April 11, 2015
As a parent, I just find it weird that the last two comments left on this website have to do with people who have visited the school or who have just seen a snap shot of HIS. There is no way you can know what is going on at this school until you have actually witnessed it. This school keeps losing great teachers! There is a reason they are leaving and the parents who are deciding to stay need to ask why? The teachers that have left have figured out that the entire school is not giving their high paying customers (the parents) what they are paying for - a good education. Our children have not been taught over the years and if you were smart, you would take your child anywhere but here. They have no intentions of changing and I am not sure the administration and teachers that are left actually know what to do to make it better. The whole thing is so sad to me.

Posted March 25, 2015
I have had the fortunate experience of being able to spend several days at your campus here in Henderson. As a mother who sent two children through public schools with underwhelming results, I am excited by what I have seen and experienced at Henderson International. From interactions with teachers and students, classroom discussions that I've heard, and enriching school events, I can honestly say that the children who attend this school have a distinct advantage over other children. Right now I have nephews enrolled in this school and I would highly recommend Henderson International School to other family and friends.

Posted March 10, 2015
Our children have attended Henderson International School or its predecessor school since pre-school. Several changes have occurred at Henderson International School from location, to staff to curriculum; however, all of the changes haven t been as detrimental as the changes made since the beginning of last year. These changes have resulted in a less academic schedule. The academic class times have been shortened, the curriculum is weak and the implementation of Standard Based Grading has creating more reporting and less teaching from teachers. Core academic classes get less attention and time, while other elective classes like Mine Craft , bridge building and basketball are offered. I understand that several of these electives also touch on mathematics and science; however, academics should come first. These classes are interesting and engaging, but should be offered as after-school options rather than substitutes for academics. The administrators at the school are useless and rude. I am sorry to say that I have wasted so much time and money on a school that has left my children less prepared than the public school system.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 05, 2015
Please, please, please do not spend the money for this school. My child attended this school for many years and is now way behind at a local public school in the same area. The lower class sizes do not make a difference. All of the good and qualified teachers have already left or are leaving after this school year because they know the damage this school is doing. I heard another parent the other day say that what HIS is doing is like a silent killer because unfortunately, you don't know what is happening before it is too late. The students are not being taught everything they need to know so when they get to the upper grades, they are not prepared and the teachers in the upper grades do not know how to catch them up. As a parent, I don't have time for them to fix this problem because our kids are the ones paying the ultimate price. They don't know how to fix it anyway. Please, please, please do not spend your money on this school. They might show you great things when you first go through the school but it is not consistent with what you actually get once you sign up and attend it.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 21, 2015
This is a superb school Pre to 8 grade!! I have seen many private schools and my son attends a great school in CA but after visiting this school for the second time - I am SOLD!! You have everything here and so much more. Staff is very attentive and caring. Administration was very informative during the tour. The school has great sports facilities incl a swimming pool on campus. I cannot believe my eyes how far ahead these children are in their academics and very well spoken children. You will never find all that this school offers in another school in Henderson! It's definitly worth every dollar they charge. Another last great important thing is that its maximum 20 students in each class. Don't pass the opportunity enrolling your children at Henderson International school!!!

Posted February 11, 2015
My children have been attending this school for many years and I am now starting to recognize a lot of gaps in their learning. They have started additional tutoring and the tutor is telling us they should be much farther in their learning. Other students who have left and are now attending the public schools in our area, are now complaining about how their children are so far behind. We are paying too much for our children not to be learning what they need to know to go to the next grade level.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
My two children look forward to coming to this school everyday. They miss it on the weekends and over breaks. My child's teacher sends us detailed, warm emails several times a week, letting us know what's going on in the classroom and what's coming up. The campus is beautiful. I especially love the well-rounded educational experience that my kids get there: physical education three times a week, science in a science lab a couple of times a week, Spanish, Art, even violin! The teachers obviously work very hard to know each child and meet their ability and interest levels. In the Elementary School, each classroom has iPads and various tech platforms are used both in the classroom and for homework. I'm impressed with how far above grade level my kids are reading, and the stuff they understand in math is beyond what I learned at that age, that's for sure! We feel so lucky that our kids are able to attend such a nurturing, enriching school.

Posted January 28, 2015

Posted January 27, 2015
We sought refuge at HIS in November after being, shall we say, neglected at Challenger. What a welcome change and a true blessing HIS is. #1 benefit is the "personalized learning plan" per child where the teacher works with the parents to identify areas of improvement for each individual child, because each subject is not one size fits all. I love the "specials" that my daughter never had before like music, art, science lab, Spanish and PE. I also like that there is study hall after school available, and clubs. HIS is very well rounded and I applaud their commitment to developing my child's social skills in addition to academics. One additional perk I am really enjoying, as a mom, is the level of parent involvement allowed and having a PTA. Since we've joined HIS, everyone has been so eager to help us fit in. Truly loving this school.

Posted January 15, 2015
Henderson International School is a wonderful school As a parent who moved their family out to Nevada from the East Coast, I can tell you that my children are receiving the same level of education that they would have received at a top-notch private school back East. The teachers push my children to really learn and understand each lesson plan they tackle and to reach their full potential. I have noticed that their vocabulary and their reasoning skills are beyond their years, and I feel confident that HIS has a lot to do with that. I am also proud that my children have achieved amazing scores on their standardized (ERB) testing, which I again attribute to the work they are doing at HIS. My oldest child has been at the school since pre-school and will graduate from 8th grade, ready to face any high school in the Valley. Go to their website, see what they have to offer, and take a tour. You will be impressed as well.

The Henderson International School
1165 Sandy Ridge Ave, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified The Henderson International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Henderson International School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top