PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The present principal is an outstanding leader. His leadership is top notch.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers go out of their way to help the students. They use different teaching strategies to reach each students' needs.

The school is outstanding. Excellent leadership and fantastic teachers who really care. If you are looking for a private school, then look no further. My kids have been going here for the past 3 years and we love it.

I'm extremely impressed at how much my son has learned in the short time he has attended HI. My son is 4 and can already count to 100, read, write, subtract and add. For being 4 years old I'm extremely pleased. I can tell the school focuses on academics.

I moved my daughters over to Henderson International School from a local "top rated" public school six years ago & have never regretted that move. This year my oldest daughter has started high school at a private local catholic school & is doing quite well! HI has given her the skills, knowledge, & confidence to become the success that she is. My younger daughter continues to thrive in middle school & I have no doubts that the faculty & staff will continue to provide excellent opportunities for all of the students at HI.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter's third-grade teacher at HIS has 35 years teaching experience, a masters degree in education, and has been teaching at this particular school for 15 years. Experienced teachers are key. This school recruits the best and keeps them.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child has never had more than an hour of homework at this school. I love that a lot of big projects are done on school time and not at-home projects that the parents are forced to do on behalf of their child. Parents don't need homework, children do, and homework should be something the child can do on their own with minimal assistance and then have an adult check it for accuracy. Homework should only be a review of what has already been taught, and parents should not be relied upon to be teachers of new material - "parent teaching" was our experience at another school. What I love about Henderson International School is that math/spelling homework is only a review, plus 30 minutes of reading each night.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness are all taught as part of core values at Henderson International School.

Simply amazing school. Extremely well-rounded, teachers who care, and deliver results. My child is thriving!

Save your hard earned money and don't buy into the fancy campus. Mediocre school at best.

Last modified The Henderson International School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8