Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Principal is a tyrant that runs around the campus screeching like a witch at the teachers and students.

My daughter is wrapping up her 6th grade year at Brown, and we have been surprised and extremely pleased with the school thus far. Although my child complains of the usual middle school issues/ annoying sass and attitude problems with many of the students, that is to be expected in any middle school environment. The AP teachers have been wonderful and the orchestra program is truly fantastic! My daughter tells me that Brown Middle School has just achieved their International Baccalaureate status and I know that means great things to come for the students lucky enough to attend and excel there.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Administration is hostile towards teachers. Unprofessional atmosphere for children. Principal listens to students comments but does not discuss with teacher, instead she yells at teachers and does not support her staff.

Incompetent administration, uneducated support staff. Overall hostile atmosphere. Teachers seem unhappy and stressed. Students are loud and unruly in the hallways during passing. Principal gossips about employees to other staff members. Mean girls environment.

This school is a wonderful School and my daughter has been coming home saying incredible things. The teachers have been really friendly and she comes home excited to go back tomorrow. The principal is really amazing and cares for the students.The teachers are really outstanding. The teachers that goes by the name Oiness and Friedman taught my daughter words that I didn't even know like "pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconeosis". All those horrible things said about the school are NOT true. All the teachers, staff, and others are 100 % fantastic and nothing except. I suggest you put your child there because it is the best and it is guaranteed to help your child improve no matter how difficult the circumstance and the challenge. They will never turn down a student for ethnicity, religion, beliefs, customs and others. They will work with your child to the best of their abilities and will not give up. My child got straight A's there and had no problems with bullies, no gangs, and everyone had a sense of humor, a good personality, and dedication to the children of our future. Go to Brown to put your child or relative or maybe a friend there and I promise their will be no mistake.

My children have attended BJH for the past 3 years. The administration is very welcoming & answers any questions ask them. They are very involved in the student's learning & safety. The staff is outstanding! They are always quick to reply to an email, phone call or with a request for a conference. The orchestra program is the finest in the valley. The concert in December was packed with parents & the community. It was standing room only! Henderson is lucky to have such an great faculty in our community. There are monthly parent meetings to keep parents informed of school information. The school also sends out email and phone messages to keep parents involved. The school is safe and clean. I highly recommend this school to all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. I am proud to be a Brown Bear parent.

My daughter is an A student in all accelerated classes, she went to Mannion for 6th grade and did not enjoy the majority of her teachers. I transferred her to Brown because after meeting with Principal Misel I knew immediately that he cared about the students and their education. Principal Misel is truly amazing and makes sure his staff is as well. My daughter is receiving an excellant education and is completely enjoying her junior high experience. I can not say enough about the Principal and his teaching staff. He takes the time to reward the students for their hard work and the time to focus on those who need a little help. We know we made the right decision to go to Brown and could not be happier. Thank you Principal Misel and the staff at Brown!!!!!!

B. Mahlon Brown JHS isn't a very great school and the teachers there isn't good and the choir teacher really isn't a good teacher he is a jerk and doesn't email you back or work with you

Brown JHS is a GREAT school! The students and the staff are safe. Teachers actually teach!! There are many after school programs to be involved in. As far as gangs.....There are NONE.....EVERY school has students that make bad choices. When a child makes a bad choice, there are consequences. The administration inforces the policies. That is what you want in a school and administration. When policies are enforced, there are less problems. They have an open door policy. If you want to know first hand what Brown JHS is about, walk the halls. Don't believe the rumors, see for yourself! Check in at the office and tour the building.

I am a volunteer at Brown - the most worrying thing is not the "gangs" - none have been seen to be a problem in the past 5 years I have been volunteering there - the problem is parent apathy - blaming the school for their child's misbehavior - the worst "gang" I have seen is the parents who refuse to take responsiblilty for their kids. The children I have been volunteering with have been (for the most part) respectful, intellegent and the most on the spot kids who have a great spark of intellegence & creativity! The Principal and Vice-Principal treat all kids with the utmost respect but have rules and boundries for these kids need and enforce them accordingly. This was the best school both my kids have been in as far as a wake up call to go to high school with teachings of compassion, intelligence and teachers who are willing to help the students who ask for it. For the rest - I say stay home and let the ones that want to learn learn - the rest of you "I Will take fries with that". But, just to be clear, in the years I have been volunteering at Brown, I have not seen any gangs - just a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators trying to do the best for each child

Last modified B Mahlon Brown Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.