Posted July 25, 2014
This school is a wonderful School and my daughter has been coming home saying incredible things. The teachers have been really friendly and she comes home excited to go back tomorrow. The principal is really amazing and cares for the students.The teachers are really outstanding. The teachers that goes by the name Oiness and Friedman taught my daughter words that I didn't even know like "pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconeosis". All those horrible things said about the school are NOT true. All the teachers, staff, and others are 100 % fantastic and nothing except. I suggest you put your child there because it is the best and it is guaranteed to help your child improve no matter how difficult the circumstance and the challenge. They will never turn down a student for ethnicity, religion, beliefs, customs and others. They will work with your child to the best of their abilities and will not give up. My child got straight A's there and had no problems with bullies, no gangs, and everyone had a sense of humor, a good personality, and dedication to the children of our future. Go to Brown to put your child or relative or maybe a friend there and I promise their will be no mistake.

Posted May 02, 2014
My children have attended BJH for the past 3 years. The administration is very welcoming & answers any questions ask them. They are very involved in the student's learning & safety. The staff is outstanding! They are always quick to reply to an email, phone call or with a request for a conference. The orchestra program is the finest in the valley. The concert in December was packed with parents & the community. It was standing room only! Henderson is lucky to have such an great faculty in our community. There are monthly parent meetings to keep parents informed of school information. The school also sends out email and phone messages to keep parents involved. The school is safe and clean. I highly recommend this school to all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. I am proud to be a Brown Bear parent.

Posted April 13, 2013
My daughter is an A student in all accelerated classes, she went to Mannion for 6th grade and did not enjoy the majority of her teachers. I transferred her to Brown because after meeting with Principal Misel I knew immediately that he cared about the students and their education. Principal Misel is truly amazing and makes sure his staff is as well. My daughter is receiving an excellant education and is completely enjoying her junior high experience. I can not say enough about the Principal and his teaching staff. He takes the time to reward the students for their hard work and the time to focus on those who need a little help. We know we made the right decision to go to Brown and could not be happier. Thank you Principal Misel and the staff at Brown!!!!!!

B Mahlon Brown Junior High School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
B. Mahlon Brown JHS isn't a very great school and the teachers there isn't good and the choir teacher really isn't a good teacher he is a jerk and doesn't email you back or work with you

Posted April 30, 2012
Brown JHS is a GREAT school! The students and the staff are safe. Teachers actually teach!! There are many after school programs to be involved in. As far as gangs.....There are NONE.....EVERY school has students that make bad choices. When a child makes a bad choice, there are consequences. The administration inforces the policies. That is what you want in a school and administration. When policies are enforced, there are less problems. They have an open door policy. If you want to know first hand what Brown JHS is about, walk the halls. Don't believe the rumors, see for yourself! Check in at the office and tour the building.

Posted April 21, 2011
I am a volunteer at Brown - the most worrying thing is not the "gangs" - none have been seen to be a problem in the past 5 years I have been volunteering there - the problem is parent apathy - blaming the school for their child's misbehavior - the worst "gang" I have seen is the parents who refuse to take responsiblilty for their kids. The children I have been volunteering with have been (for the most part) respectful, intellegent and the most on the spot kids who have a great spark of intellegence & creativity! The Principal and Vice-Principal treat all kids with the utmost respect but have rules and boundries for these kids need and enforce them accordingly. This was the best school both my kids have been in as far as a wake up call to go to high school with teachings of compassion, intelligence and teachers who are willing to help the students who ask for it. For the rest - I say stay home and let the ones that want to learn learn - the rest of you "I Will take fries with that". But, just to be clear, in the years I have been volunteering at Brown, I have not seen any gangs - just a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators trying to do the best for each child

Posted April 01, 2011
I have a response for the father writing about Brown Junior High. Please homeschool your daughter. The rest of us parents and grandparents having children at Brown are doing just fine. My grandaughter has informed me about the incident he is writing about. There are no gangs at Brown. The fact is that the gangs Brown was forced to have bused in are long gone. I would say that most parents with troubled children should take a look in the mirror and don't blame the school. One could have said Brown was a troubled school three years ago. I was looking for an alternative school for my grandaughter to go to two years ago.The NEW principal and his Staff are doing a great job. My grandaughter went to two good Schools, one is Sue H. Morrow and now Brown. Please get your facts straight before you make such vicious remarks.

Posted March 18, 2011
I am shocked at the reviews saying that Brown is a bad school and has gang problems.! Where are your children hanging out and with whom? I have several children attending Brown, none of whom have had any problem whatsoever with gangs! As a matter of fact, you can call the Henderson police department and find out if Brown Middle school has any gangs in the school. It has none! Additionally, if you take a walk through the campus, which the administration encourages, the hallways are quite pleasant. Of course, there's the regular hustle and bustle, but no bullying and fighting in the hallways takes place. And if it does, it is dealt with promptly by the administration with suspension or expulsion for the culprits. If you compare us to a nearby Middle school, which is the same size, it has twice as many fights. Additionally, Brown is not overcrowded and there are a wide variety of curricular and extra-curricular programs offered by the school. I admit, I was one of those parents nervous about sending my children to Brown, but I have been pleasantly surprised! I have encountered an administration who really cares about the school and wants the best for all the students.

B Mahlon Brown Junior High School 1

Posted March 14, 2011
I have had 3 daughters that have attended Brown Middle School. Each one of them has had problems with the gang influence at that school. My wife and I just took our youngest out of that school, due to the second severe beating she took at the hands of the gang members that attend this school. With these beatings my daughter also bore the ire if the school staff, as though she intentionally went and got herself beat up to make them look bad. Last year after a group of bullies beat her down, my duaghter got suspended becuase she tried to defend herself. SCHOOL VOUCHERS ARE A MUST, let these teacher unions have the schools, we will be home schooling our kids. We cant afford the hospital bills we have incurred at Brown.

Posted December 14, 2010
I am a student at Brown and it disappointed me that a Brown Bear would say something that negative towards a wonderful school. I believe that Brown has it's ups and downs, but it definetly is a good school. Brown is a wonderful school as long as you have the right friends. If you hang around the kids who get into trouble, then obviously you will be getting into trouble yourself. Most of the students that wrote a review on this website probably aren't self-motivated. Not to sound conceited, but I've held straight A's ever since 1st grade. I do not get into trouble. Because of course, I stay into the better crowd. The uniforms are understandable because of the low-income population that lives directly around the school. I actually believe the uniforms are a great advantage. The school is not over crowded. Compared to other schools like Mannion and Burkholder, Brown doesn't have alot of students. And for the fights, they have decreased with the new principal. Our principal is great. I guess my point is that any child will be perfectly fine at Brown if they stay with the right crowd and watch their grades. Just try it. It is a good school. See for yourself.

B Mahlon Brown Junior High School
307 North Cannes St, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified B Mahlon Brown Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B Mahlon Brown Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top