Henderson, NV

Posted April 17, 2014
It's interesting to note that the people below who wrote that Hinman was the worst school by far, have hated all the schools their daughter attends because the schools get on them for not sending their daughter to school, or for not getting their daughter glasses, etc. It is because of parents like these who don't care about their child's education that some schools test scores are lower than the state or the nation.

Posted April 01, 2014
This is by far the worse school my daughter has ever attended. This school is ran by bullies who care more about test scores and attendance than anything else. I see all these great reviews yet find myself looking over the test scores and how it compares nationaly and have to just shake my head. Yeah its a great school if you omit the national average. Even the state average for that matter. Thank God we are moving is my final thought.

Posted January 08, 2014
I don't know what the previous complaintant is talking about! The Vice Principal (learn to spell, previous parent!) is awesome, and knows what she is talking about. She is straightforward, and doesn't beat around the bush. She told me exactly what was happening with my child, and gave me a variety of resources, and now my child is turned around. The kids love her, but they don't want to get into trouble. The Principal is dedicated to ensuring every student read at grade level before leaving that school. She doesn't want any "down" time in class. She holds kids and parents accountable for learning. The teachers are great, and the kids for the most part, are really good. I would recommend this school to any family!

Edna F Hinman Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2014
Basics parents should know. This school focus' is testing! They are so worried about STAR ratings and TITLE 1 money that the basic color/cut/paste, along with holiday programs and traditional values are very left out. Its a CLOSED campus so if you are a parent or grandparent wishing to visit or have lunch with the student, its not allowed. With NV ranking in the bottom 10 in the US for education, maybe they should refocus the non stop testing, and just go back to teaching. Many schools do well, the top 10 in the US with out TiTLE 1 funds, computers in classrooms, and dropped traditional teaching practices.

Posted December 18, 2013
The vice principle at this school is a loose cannon mistreats children and parents completely un professional no incentive to learn no redirection just punishment screams at parents and children and should be removed from the school system altogether you want a RED FLAG here it is parents beware I'm currently in the process of having her removed and if you've experienced the same thing my family I can use all the help I can get

Posted October 23, 2011
What ever happened to no child left behind? My husband is very ill, bed ridden to be exact, I have four children. I am the only one that works. I get home to help all of them with their homework around 6:00 at night. These teachers have the gumption to say that I refuse to help my child with their homwork!!! we stay up till 9:00 at night to satisfy these so called teachers. Now I got a threatening letter from someone with no name listed saying that my child will be removed from the class that is helping him with his reading. They had said that I refuse to help him with his homework. I do not refuse to help my child with their homwork, who would ever do that. He gets his homework done as he is supposed to. This is not right. So my child is having a hard time learning how to read and now you are removing him from his special class? Insane, what kind of teachers or administration is this if they are refusing to help children?

Edna F Hinman Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2010
My daughter just started 1st grade at Hinman 3 weeks ago. I was happy with the way her teacher was very informative regarding all her work and what her classroom procedures are. This week my daughter had an incident with another student and I sent a letter to her teacher. The same afternoon I recieved a call from the Asst. Principal stating the situation was addressed and my daughter had a "go to" person for support if needed. I'm very happy with this school.

Posted October 22, 2010
I am a district employee, and this is one of the most laid back school i have ever been to. The staff, teachers, principals ... they're ALL great!

Posted June 17, 2010
The school is very convient for my sisters kids to walk too. The staff is very friendly.

Posted January 21, 2010

Edna F Hinman Elementary School
450 Merlayne Dr, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified Edna F Hinman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edna F Hinman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top