Henderson, NV

Estes M Mcdoniel Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2015
I have been very disappointed with this school. In my daughter's 3rd grade class, she had a teacher who would call the students idiots and left for a month at a time. In the following year, my daughter made a mistake in judgment in her online communication with another student and instead of informing us...they called and placed a complaint with child protective services.

Estes M Mcdoniel Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2014
My School is Estes McDoniel Elementry. My daughter is in first grade, and her test scores dropped significantly after placing her in this school after doing the K-12 program at home. I was told that she was put into the wrong classes, and that maybe we should look into a Magnet school in March. School is almost over. It would've been nice to know that her test scores were declining, and she didn't waste the majority of the year doing the same curriculum she was doing in Kindergarten. Any time I had to talk to Ulysses, she was very short, and made you feel like you were wasting her time. My child loves to learn, and I don't think this school is up to par with students like her. Dropping her off was a nightmare! I m so glad that today was her last day. I do not recommend you enrolling your child here if you want them to have a good future.

Posted August 07, 2013
My school is Estes McDoniel an International School and I think we have here a great school with an exceptional staff and PTA. The bilingual program and our Marine Lab make Estes McDoniel a fun school and all kids love that.

Posted August 06, 2013
My School is Estes McDoniel Elementry. I am very proud that my kids go there. Estes Mcdoniel is an international school, they have an awesome marine lab for the students, the teachers are very respectful with parents and students. The administrative are extremely polite, nice, respectful they make you fell as family, They work great with the PTA and they have supported all the events. The School was able to raise money to have another computer lab and it was a success. The entire staff, parents, PTA and the community worked very well together they have a great watch dog program meaning DAD are super heroes at the school they dedicated their time same as the volunteers at their school. Well Done ESTES MCDONIEL.

Estes M Mcdoniel Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2010
We moved to this neighborhood just for this school when our son was in 3rd.We knew we would work with him to get him up to speed in spanish but the principal said they would help us.Then she left and we were left with the vp - so in the spring we needed help and the next 2 years we asked for help, we did not get any. We asked for tutoring help, direction or names and were told "he would get it automatically". When our straight A student started the 5th grade with a D in math, we were told "not every child succeeds at everything" we believe that is why America is failing - don't address a math teacher who should not be teaching this grade (we spent days in the classroom watching). Every time we tried to get help, we were told "he is fine". As parents of an adopted child whom we have spent many hours and dollars figuring out, we knew he was not fine. Due to our experience he is not going to middle school in the CCSD. We are using the on-line program K-12. His A's are back, his frustration is reduced and we do not have 4 hours of homework every night because teachers do not have time to teach in the classroom of 30 kids - 15 with learning issues (my kid included)

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers, the bilingual curriculum from K-5, the wonderful Walk-About Nights, the extra-curricular activities.

Posted February 18, 2010
I love this school. I have gotten to know the teachers, students, staff and parents because I have a student there and substitute teach there. I am a licensed teacher myself and know that the teachers are giving so much to the kids. The office is great! The school is well managed, has tons of parent involvement, many extracurricular activities, etc. The spanish program is great, there is a marine lab with a seperate science teacher as part of all of the students' specials. There is a watchdog dad program that allows dads to be at the school all day patroling and helping. There are wonderful teachers and programs for children with special needs as well. Students come from all over to attend this school and they have several students on zone variances, including my daughter. I can't say enough about this school!

Posted February 05, 2010
Estes Mc Doniel is a fabulous school. The teachers and staff are wonderful.The parents that volunteer are well appreciated . The dual language program gives our students an edge. I am so glad to be apart of this amazing school.

Posted February 04, 2010
This school has been amazing for my little boy. When he arrived in the second grade I was having real difficulties at home and he was affected by that. Thanks to his 2nd grade teacher, Ms Gorter, he has been totally transformed. Thank you!!!

Posted May 06, 2009
I've been a parent at the school since 2002, and have seen it change from a 2.5 hr K program in English (all grades getting 1-2 hrs of Spanish/wk), to an all-day K, dual-language program with Spanish for math & science and English for reading & other subjects. I have had two children go through McDoniel and I've been with two principals. My older child had a wonderful experience at Estes for K-5, and I moved here for Estes. My second child has been in the dual-language program since K, and I can see a big difference in the reading ability, math and overall depth of knowledge in all subject areas. My children are both 'high-achieving', so I can only surmise that the dual-language program is the reason.

1831 Fox Ridge Dr, Henderson, NV  89014
Last modified Estes M Mcdoniel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Estes M Mcdoniel Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top