Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

We are new to the Valley and searched out a English/Spanish program because that what our daughter had previously. We were incorrectly informed that Estes had such a program. In her 3rd grade class she received maybe 30-40 minutes of Spanish instruction a week. I still don't understand what constitutes an 'International' school. The principal is unengaged with the students and self-important. We have moved our daughter to a school that is more interested in her growth and education.

My child was on her third day of 1st grade and as I arrive to pick her up I was informed that after lunch she was not with her class and was found by someone else wondering around the playground alone the teacher was not even aware that she was not with the rest of the class even though she walks the children to class from the playground I then go to talk to the principal and was told she had more important things to do i was called later and told it was a oversight I am very upset we just moved here and I expect my children to be safe when they are school and they are obviously not this is inexcusable

Because of Mrs. ULYSIS IN THE OFFICE,SHE HELPS WITH ALMOST ANY SITUATION,and always helps students and parents.

I have been very disappointed with this school. In my daughter's 3rd grade class, she had a teacher who would call the students idiots and left for a month at a time. In the following year, my daughter made a mistake in judgment in her online communication with another student and instead of informing us...they called and placed a complaint with child protective services.

My School is Estes McDoniel Elementry. My daughter is in first grade, and her test scores dropped significantly after placing her in this school after doing the K-12 program at home. I was told that she was put into the wrong classes, and that maybe we should look into a Magnet school in March. School is almost over. It would've been nice to know that her test scores were declining, and she didn't waste the majority of the year doing the same curriculum she was doing in Kindergarten. Any time I had to talk to Ulysses, she was very short, and made you feel like you were wasting her time. My child loves to learn, and I don't think this school is up to par with students like her. Dropping her off was a nightmare! I m so glad that today was her last day. I do not recommend you enrolling your child here if you want them to have a good future.

My school is Estes McDoniel an International School and I think we have here a great school with an exceptional staff and PTA. The bilingual program and our Marine Lab make Estes McDoniel a fun school and all kids love that.

My School is Estes McDoniel Elementry. I am very proud that my kids go there. Estes Mcdoniel is an international school, they have an awesome marine lab for the students, the teachers are very respectful with parents and students. The administrative are extremely polite, nice, respectful they make you fell as family, They work great with the PTA and they have supported all the events. The School was able to raise money to have another computer lab and it was a success. The entire staff, parents, PTA and the community worked very well together they have a great watch dog program meaning DAD are super heroes at the school they dedicated their time same as the volunteers at their school. Well Done ESTES MCDONIEL.

We moved to this neighborhood just for this school when our son was in 3rd.We knew we would work with him to get him up to speed in spanish but the principal said they would help us.Then she left and we were left with the vp - so in the spring we needed help and the next 2 years we asked for help, we did not get any. We asked for tutoring help, direction or names and were told "he would get it automatically". When our straight A student started the 5th grade with a D in math, we were told "not every child succeeds at everything" we believe that is why America is failing - don't address a math teacher who should not be teaching this grade (we spent days in the classroom watching). Every time we tried to get help, we were told "he is fine". As parents of an adopted child whom we have spent many hours and dollars figuring out, we knew he was not fine. Due to our experience he is not going to middle school in the CCSD. We are using the on-line program K-12. His A's are back, his frustration is reduced and we do not have 4 hours of homework every night because teachers do not have time to teach in the classroom of 30 kids - 15 with learning issues (my kid included)

The teachers, the bilingual curriculum from K-5, the wonderful Walk-About Nights, the extra-curricular activities.

I love this school. I have gotten to know the teachers, students, staff and parents because I have a student there and substitute teach there. I am a licensed teacher myself and know that the teachers are giving so much to the kids. The office is great! The school is well managed, has tons of parent involvement, many extracurricular activities, etc. The spanish program is great, there is a marine lab with a seperate science teacher as part of all of the students' specials. There is a watchdog dad program that allows dads to be at the school all day patroling and helping. There are wonderful teachers and programs for children with special needs as well. Students come from all over to attend this school and they have several students on zone variances, including my daughter. I can't say enough about this school!

Last modified Estes M Mcdoniel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.