Henderson, NV

Posted October 18, 2014
This is the second year that our daughter has been attending Gibson, and we just love it. The principal is so kind and the student counselor is amazing. They open every morning with a little ceremony that highlights events going on at the school and recognizing kids' birthdays and achievements. The school really works hard at making it a safe, nurturing place for kids. They emphasize caring and character development, in addition to the "3 R's." Interactions with the teachers have been positive, and they always promptly reply to questions I ask via email.

Posted June 23, 2012
My son has attended this school for 2 years and he is going to 2nd grade next year. So far I love this school and he loves it too. It's small compared to the others and they do a lot of after school events for the families.

Posted June 22, 2011
The teachers and students are amazing. The parents are willing to completely change their schedule to fit in an award assembly or some other special event.

Posted April 27, 2010
This school has been a perfect fit for my daughter. She was behind grade level in reading when she started the fourth grade last year. After one year at Gibson she was above grade level in reading. It has made all of her other school work much easier to handle. I love ALL the teachers we have worked with over the last two years. What a blessing.

James Gibson Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2009

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted April 23, 2008
Academic excellence is achieved through powerful relationships. Teachers and staff are focused and dedicated towards the growth and development of each individual student.

James Gibson Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2008
I find it odd that the entire 5th grade teachers were replaced this school year. I haven't been happy with the new teachers. I even e-mailed one about homework and never heard back. Just have not been happy with this school in the year my child has been attending. I agree with the review below. They are really strict on late homework.

James Gibson Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2008
Late Homework Policy is more stringent than Graduate School. Staff only focuses on students who will improve enought to show positive marks with 'No Child Left Behind' requirements, therefore limiting advancement of brighter students. GATE testing is based on Percentage Scale and not a Percentile or Standard Deviation. My child will be enrolled at a Montessori School next year!

James Gibson Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2008
My daughter came from a private school and I was very nervous. But my daughter has gained more confidence and is excelling and is blossoming at this school. The teachers and staff really care about these kids. I have never seen anything like it.

James Gibson Elementary School
271 Leisure Circle, Henderson, NV  89074
Last modified James Gibson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Gibson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top