Bad
Good

Principal and office staff are Grade A, approachable, protective of the kids, like a big family. Lower grade teachers are lovely and seasoned. Music teacher (Papanek) is horrible. I'd heard she has a temper and have seen her physically pull a child off the assembly stage for chatting with a friend. She humiliated my 5 year old who came to her to report a child who wouldn't stop physically touching/tickling her. She took punitive measures and made her write her name on the naughty "frowny face board" in front of the other students for being a "tattle tale", which made my child cry and confused her (as she's been encouraged to tell trusted adults any time there is unwanted touching). Would love to see her gone and a teacher who builds the esteem of young ones (especially kindergarteners) as a replacement

My son is going into 1st grade and he loved going to school during kindergarten. All the teachers we have come in contact with are very friendly and truly care about the children. They had really cool activities during school hours and after school as well.

After home schooling my daughter for two years I was afraid to send her to a public school, but I have to say David M Cox is the best school for her the staff is very friendly the teachers are better then the best it feels more like I'm dropping my daughter off with family then at a school the after school programs are great and my daughter who is in the 3 rd grade wants to go to school is excited about it there is not one single adult in the entire school that I don't feel is family, my little girl has been there for two years now and I am extremely happy with this school.

Great school! Wonderful staff and the Principle is very hands on and you can truly tell that she is invested in all of her students and her staff. My kids have been going here since Kindergarten and we have even thought about moving houses but I refuse to at the risk of my kids not being able to attend David M. Cox. So for now, we'll just stay put : )

We moved to Las Vegas from Atlanta last year. My son finished his elementary school time at David M. Cox in the 5th grade. From the beginning of registration to the end of school, we had all positive experiences. Athena in the front office is wonderful and a great resource. The teachers and staff we encountered were all professional and very good for my son. I think the only negative, but this is for all Las Vegas schools is the before/after car pool. In Atlanta, it was very structured and in Vegas it's a free for all. Kids are just everywhere and there's no organization at all. Again, not a fault of Cox E.S., but Vegas schools in general.

My son has been in Cox Elementary a short time and his been doing great !!! His teacher Mr Burger is the best ..and all office staff have been great to us!!

Great school, we love David M Cox, my son has learned so much just in the first year he has been there, the staff is always so friendly and so willing to help. Thanks

This is an amazing school. Such caring staff from the moment you walk in and meet Athena to the teacher who for third grade we had Mrs. Cole. The principal is always around and talking to the students and the caring environment is felt everywhere. Morning Milers club (walking club) gets kids moving and great lunches are served everyday. We came from a private school to Cox and we couldn't believe how well run this place is. Good job CUBS!

NOTHING TO ENVY FROM A PRIVATE SCHOOL. My child always was in a private setting (day care, preschool and kindergartner) and I hesitated on sending him to a public school, but we made the right decision. He is finishing 1st grade with Ms Testa and she is great, professional, educated, friendly and she challenges the kids all the time. The principal Ms Imboden is great and very involved with the kids and families, the administrative staff is friendly and very helpful. We as a parents are very involved on activities and we feel like a big family. This is a small/medium size school but I feel safe on living my kid there. The safe key program is wonderful and the staff is friendly and they help the kids with homework, they promote reading and keep them busy playing outside or indoors. We are proud of being part of this amazing school!

Outstanding school...New principal this year but she seems to be ready to take on the challenge. Great PTA, teachers, students, and office staff!

Last modified David M Cox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.