Henderson, NV

Posted October 12, 2014
After home schooling my daughter for two years I was afraid to send her to a public school, but I have to say David M Cox is the best school for her the staff is very friendly the teachers are better then the best it feels more like I'm dropping my daughter off with family then at a school the after school programs are great and my daughter who is in the 3 rd grade wants to go to school is excited about it there is not one single adult in the entire school that I don't feel is family, my little girl has been there for two years now and I am extremely happy with this school.

Posted July 08, 2014
Great school! Wonderful staff and the Principle is very hands on and you can truly tell that she is invested in all of her students and her staff. My kids have been going here since Kindergarten and we have even thought about moving houses but I refuse to at the risk of my kids not being able to attend David M. Cox. So for now, we'll just stay put : )

Posted September 26, 2013
We moved to Las Vegas from Atlanta last year. My son finished his elementary school time at David M. Cox in the 5th grade. From the beginning of registration to the end of school, we had all positive experiences. Athena in the front office is wonderful and a great resource. The teachers and staff we encountered were all professional and very good for my son. I think the only negative, but this is for all Las Vegas schools is the before/after car pool. In Atlanta, it was very structured and in Vegas it's a free for all. Kids are just everywhere and there's no organization at all. Again, not a fault of Cox E.S., but Vegas schools in general.

Posted May 17, 2013
Great school, we love David M Cox, my son has learned so much just in the first year he has been there, the staff is always so friendly and so willing to help. Thanks

Posted May 16, 2013
This is an amazing school. Such caring staff from the moment you walk in and meet Athena to the teacher who for third grade we had Mrs. Cole. The principal is always around and talking to the students and the caring environment is felt everywhere. Morning Milers club (walking club) gets kids moving and great lunches are served everyday. We came from a private school to Cox and we couldn't believe how well run this place is. Good job CUBS!

Posted May 18, 2012
NOTHING TO ENVY FROM A PRIVATE SCHOOL. My child always was in a private setting (day care, preschool and kindergartner) and I hesitated on sending him to a public school, but we made the right decision. He is finishing 1st grade with Ms Testa and she is great, professional, educated, friendly and she challenges the kids all the time. The principal Ms Imboden is great and very involved with the kids and families, the administrative staff is friendly and very helpful. We as a parents are very involved on activities and we feel like a big family. This is a small/medium size school but I feel safe on living my kid there. The safe key program is wonderful and the staff is friendly and they help the kids with homework, they promote reading and keep them busy playing outside or indoors. We are proud of being part of this amazing school!

Posted August 31, 2011
Outstanding school...New principal this year but she seems to be ready to take on the challenge. Great PTA, teachers, students, and office staff!

Posted July 10, 2011
David M. Cox is the hidden gem of Green Valley. The teachers and staff are extremely involed and the PTA is amazing! My children have so much Cox Cub pride, they are truly at home and safe at this school. The education is great and the principal and staff truly care about the students.

Posted December 04, 2010
We love this school! It is very educated, fun, and silly. The teachers are the best!

Posted August 11, 2010
I absolutely love this school. The teachers and Mr. Westendorf (principle) are excellent. I feel that my son is completely safe. He had Ms. Popeck for Kindergarten and she is absolutely amazing with the kids. I look forward to this school year.

David M Cox Elementary School
280 Clark Dr, Henderson, NV  89074
Last modified David M Cox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David M Cox Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top