Aggie Roberts Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted yesterday

My child went to Aggie all her elementary school life, and may I say she loved it!! She said her favorite teacher was her fifth grade teacher Mr. Gregory. Everyone thought he was pretty harsh but she learned that if you were a good student, then Mr. Gregory would not have to yell, therefore making him a very good teacher. Aggie Roberts has taught my child everyting she has needed to know for junior high.

Posted September 5, 2014

This school is a complete disappointment. Several things that have happened this year are unacceptable. The new principal (Deborah Harbin) should be ashamed of herself. I am livid with the experience we had to go through the first week of school. On my first graders first day at Aggie Roberts, my son was missing after school, due to the new principals drop off/pick up changes. No one informed us he was missing until an hour after school, when we were called and told he never made it to the Boys and Girls club! He is 6 years old and was already nervous about attending a new school. I also found out he didn't even get lunch that day. No one showed him how the lunch process worked. We were told during open house there would be people assisting the kids during the day to make sure everything went smoothly. I understand there are hiccups that can happen the first day of school, but this disgusted me. In addition we went to the school the next morning to try to talk to his teacher as well as the principal to sort out what happened, but we were turned away, with the promise of a phone call. We never received that call. Needless to say my son was unenrolled from Aggie Roberts last Friday.

Posted August 29, 2014

Last year was awesome and my child could read and write full stories and he was in kindergarten! ! This year so far hes come home with no homework and no evidence of advanced learning. His teacher seems very unapproachable and cold. And im an adult so I cant imagine how my child feels. Hes coming home with papers that are tracing the alphabet. So far theyve done ABCD I imagine he'll come home with E and F today. Its just totally unacceptable. He was an advanced Kindergartener and now hes coming home with pre school work. Im soooo disappointed and if this continues by next week I will be raising major issues to light!!

Posted August 27, 2014

This is the 3rd year our family had attended and the last 2 years have been wonderdul. We loved the teachers and the staff and principal, but this year has turned into a chaotic mess with this new principal. The new drop off and pick up rules are absolutely out of control it seems like the rules were changed just because the new principal can change the rules..they do not help ayone not our students not our teachers. Every parent and teacher I have talked to absolutely hate these new procedures. Today I couldnt even make sure my kid got to class he had no idea where he was going and was completely scared...thats not the way I want my kid to start the day..lost and confused... so I urge all the parents who also hate these new procedures to email the principal, and the school board and let them know how unhappy we all are...without happy teachers and parents we will not have a successful school year.

Posted May 2, 2014

My son attends Aggie Roberts Elementary School and he loves it there! It's a great school! The teachers, administration, and all support staff REALLY care about their students!

Posted January 3, 2014

Worst school ever.I want everybody to know that this school does not care about bully because their own staff are bullies.Like Mr Gregory (5th grade teacher). Angel from the nurse office and Mrs Hilton(music teacher) "This one is the worst" My daughter got sick at the end of the year and when she came back Mr Gregory said The class was quite until you came back,That is not the right way to talk to a kid. My son went to this school from K to 2nd grade and every year I asked every teacher if they have ever noticed that he stutters and just the last one said yes after spring break (almost the end of the year)Because of this little problem a few kids were making fun of him but in this case Mrs Grape talked to the kids and the problem was solved right away. Things happens for a reason now my son is in speech classes and my daughter is an A student again

Posted April 28, 2010

The school is very good. My daughter has learned important skills that will last for life. Her teachers have been very important on her education and influenced her in a very positive way.

Posted November 15, 2009

It is a great school. The teachers are great and the school is very well taken care of.

Posted October 9, 2009

Once again...another great school year.. both my boys have attended aggie roberts since kindergarten ..now they are in middle school..my daughter is in her second year there and i must say ..how pleasing it is for me to have my child attend this school..and yes the principle ..vice principle do know most of the children by name..its a great feeling to pull your car up to the 'kiss and go' lane..and know that your child is in good hands with caring people...and also to the office staff..they are super!!!

Posted October 2, 2009

Have one child attending Aggie Roberts. Open House was just recently and I love!!! The staff!!! They know (or seems like they know) every single student by name... Not because of behavioral reasons either... My 1st grader is in Miss Stupin's class and she is amazing with the kids!!!

Posted September 12, 2009

I have one child attending Aggie Roberts of school age so far and two others in tow. We moved here from out of state and this will be our second year at Aggie Roberts. I must say so far I am very impressed and my child couldn't be happier. Ms. Deihl is an EXCELLENT hands on teacher. The school is very hands on and has a lot to offer. We are very happy here and highly recommend this school. I hope my other two children get the same opportunity when they are ready to start school!

Posted August 19, 2009

I have two children attending Aggie Roberts, with youngest ready to start kindergarten in a few days. We have been at this school for three years, and have had almost nothing but great experiences! I am thrilled with the teachers thus far. I hope to keep my children at Aggie Roberts through 5th grade. Thanks to all the wonderful teachers we've had, and to those yet to come.

Posted May 26, 2009

I love this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and reading already. Her teacher, Mrs Spear is a star!! She cares so much and really pays attention to where her students are and caters to them personally. This is a great school, I am very happy.

Posted March 22, 2009

Best public school I have had the pleasure to have my kids attend. Everyone goes out of their way to help. Principal and vice seem to know all the students names. Recommend this school to all.

Posted January 20, 2009

I have nothing but good things to say about Aggie Roberts. My son is in first grade now and started going to Aggie Roberts last year in the full day kindergarten proram. HIs kindergarten teach Mrs. Heimark was wonderful, and caring. Within the first month the principal and vice principal knew my son by name, and would greet him by name each morning as we passed them on the way in. Everyone from the librarian, art and music teachers to the cafeteria lady have been nothing but wonderful to us. I can go to work each day knowing that my son is in a safe, healthy environment and that he is being taught by the best.

Posted January 15, 2009

When my kids were rezoned, i was very upset due to the 'ratings'. But all this rating is full of politic !! My child is in all day kindergarten and his teacher is very dedicated. My son has learned so much. Thanks Ms. Heimark. Some of the school activies arent super but then again school is for learning.

Posted November 7, 2008

This school is poor quality and the teachers aren't very interested in the children's education. I'm very disappointed.

Posted September 12, 2008

My chidren have been attending Aggie Roberts for a few years. My daughter is now in 5th grade and my son is in 3rd grade. I volunteer at the school and attend school events. The principal, vice-principal, teachers, office staff and janitors all know my chidren and I by first name. I liked the school so much I began to sub there. As a teacher, I got to know the teachers on a personal level. The staff goes beyond their duties and particpate/volunteer in after school events so the children can have a great experience. My daughter started at Weiner elementary and that school was a great disappointment. The principal did nothing when my daughter kept getting bullied by a boy and a girl. I am very thankful we moved. Their fellow students are very respectful to each other- thanks to the counselor and his anti-bully campaign.

Posted June 5, 2008

Aggie Roberts is a great school. My oldest is now in kinder, and has learned soo much since she's started. They have great parent involvement and school programs. I'm looking forward to my youngest daughter to start there this upcoming school year.

Posted April 5, 2008

Aggie Roberts is a wonderful school. My child has been there for three and a half years, and is in fifth grade this year. The staff is caring and supportive and they really go the extra mile for the kids.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

141 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

141 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

146 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students82%

Students without disabilities74%
Proficient in English72%
Not migrant70%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students79%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 36%N/A54%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

227 Charter Oak St