Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

John Vanderburg Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2016
Unfortunately, we have moved around a lot and my son only had the pleasure of going to Vanderburg for only 1 year. However, this is an AMAZING school with lots of resources! Good, well educated teachers and kind staff. We moved out of state, and are now moving back but unfortunately, my son will be going into 6th grade so he wouldn't be able to come back. He had a great time in this school (even though there was a uniform which was his biggest gripe, but actually made things easier for me anyway). Clean school and very involved. My only complaint was they did give A LOT of homework!! While I am all about homework and believe it is an important tool for continued success, my child was in 2nd grade and on average had about 7 sheets of homework a day. A tad but excessive, but literally my ONLY complaint!! Way to go Vanderburg and I hope you continue your wonderful work! I'm currently working on becoming an elementary school teacher and who knows.. Maybe I'll end up at Vanderburg!

John Vanderburg Elementary School 5

Posted May 18, 2016
My daughter is a 5th grader at Vanderburg and she absolutely loves it. My main concern was with class size (38 kids in one classroom!) but her teacher somehow manages to make sure she gets the individual attention she needs. Thank goodness CCSD will have some new schools built in the next few years.

John Vanderburg Elementary School 1

Posted December 21, 2015
My experience with Vanderburg elementary is been a nightmare the staff at the office is not helpful at all. I ask for zone variance and was denied without a reason all I ask was for my daughter to finish the year and the staff promised they will call me the next day. I never recieved the call. Instead I have the withdraw paper on the mail that's just plain rude. If I could doit all over I will never enroll my kids at this school. All they brag about if they are a blue ribbon school while must of the parents do all the work. Like I said if you want to enroll your kids just think about it before you doit. Of course I will not include all the teacher but some of them are just for a paycheck period.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 21, 2015
The staff member and their school leader forget it they are just plain rude. Mrs Valenti is the best.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 21, 2015
Like I said some teacher are just for a paycheck nothing else they don't care about their student.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 21, 2015
That's ok no complaints about that. I don't think is a lot of home work

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 21, 2015
Like I said in my review some teachers are there just for a paycheck and that's it.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 21, 2015
If they're staff do not respect the parents neither will do with the students. All I'm ask for some sympathy and I did not get anything

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 21, 2015
They did not have any compation with daughter practically they trough out like a dog. All I ask to finish the school year and they just denied they did not care how's the child will feel especially at that age.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 21, 2015
Did not help me at all, they are jus plain rude. And they staff is the worst ever.

2040 Desert Shadow Trail, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified John Vanderburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.