Posted May 22, 2014
This school has been a huge disappointment!!! This was my third graders first year here and he has gone from loving school and doing fairly well academically to hating the thought of going to school and coming home with terrible grades. The pressure from his teacher has been over bearing for all of us. The administration is so unprofessional and tries to steamroll the parents into doing what they want you to do with your child's academic progress. Test scores and their blue ribbon is all they care about and they will do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

Posted May 10, 2014
Vanderburg is rated 5-star performance school (the highest rating in NV public school) & received Blue Ribbon Award. I find its administration, staff, & faculty are friendly and helpful. I find the teachers are concerned about the individual child. They take time to know the children & family, address & meet their individual needs in order to effectively guide the children to be successful. It has a diversified children population. The students I've met are well behaved and polite. The parents I've met are nice and civilized. Involved parents makes a difference in a child's education. The PTA is active (although cliques exist). It has special classes like Arts, Music, PE, Library. It has a gifted & talented program for advanced kids. It has several after school programs too: Arts, Lego, physical activities, etc. It is a great school in the Green Valley Ranch area.

Posted April 03, 2014
As a room parent this year, I got the chance to see first hand how the staff and admin work with others. The front office staff are very quick to get snippy with parents and are quick to make personal comments about parents when they leave their presence. I have seen the principal on many occasions yell at or talk down to parent and children. My child's is in the first grade and his teacher is beyond unprofessional. She has no handle on her class, plays favorites, is very unorganized, unfocused and it shows not only to parents that come in and volunteer but to her students as well. Take note when I say that this school is only focused on testing and keeping their blue ribbon and NOT about making sure that our children learn what they need to.

Posted March 23, 2014
I have two children in Vanderburg (grade 1 and grade 4) and believe this school is excellent overall. The Principal and administration have a complete commitment to excellence; the teachers (especially Mrs. Berry and Mrs. Mroz) are top-notch and care about the students; and the parents seem to take an active role in the education of their kids--which is shown by the very active PTA. Overall, I would rank the school as high as the private schools in the area.

Posted February 02, 2014
Horrible administration who made me feel uncomfortable having my child at this school. To put it nicely, it wasn't abnormal to see the assistant principal raising her voice to students, or me. Even at the lowest grade level, the focus is on test scores and they will do whatever it takes. Attempting to solve problems with staff is very difficult because they just flat out lie. Very frustrating teacher too, I wonder if it's the same one as the other reviewer's. The kids here are just numbers and it's sad because it doesn't have to be that way.

Posted December 13, 2013
Such a disappointed with faculty member and stuff. Unprofessional right to left, no leadership with principle. They don't care about student individual, all care about test score so that they could keep fund from state.

Posted December 11, 2013
My child's teacher is unfit to be teaching children over 5 years old. She is emotional, impatient, unprofessional, and has no classroom management skills. The principal brags that she has been an educator for 30+ years, but she is one of the most unprofessional administrators I have ever come across. I know of a few families whom have hightailed it out of this school because of sub-par teachers and a negligent principal. I am surprised to see so many positive reviews. If Vanderburg has the traits of a "Blue Ribbon" school, then I don't think very highly of the Blue Ribbon award. Awful principal, terrible staff.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is the most Amazing School ever!!!! Everyone from the Administrative Staff, Teachers, Parents to the Students make this school a 5 Star Blue Ribbon School!!

Posted August 25, 2013
My son will be 5 years old next January. He has been attending the Las Vegas Chinese School, Challeger School and currently in GreennValley Chrstian School. His mathematics has been advanced to multiplication as 11 x 11, through 15 x 15. I would like to put him into Vanderburg School because I have done a lot of research that Vanderburg not only the only shchool of Nevada who has received the National Award, but also has students performing the highest test scores in almot all subjects comparing with other 5-stars and 10-out-of-10 schools. Vanderburg is the best! Dr. Sherman S. C. Wu

Posted July 12, 2013
I wish we didn't have to move. My husband and I love everything about this school. The teachers are amazing, the admins are wonderful and the parents involvement are superb! My son is currently attending a good school, but nothing compares to Vanderburg. Best public school ever!

John Vanderburg Elementary School
2040 Desert Shadow Trail, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified John Vanderburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Vanderburg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top