C T Sewell Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2014
This school is absolutely wonderful if you have a child that fits the mold. I have two children one with special needs (classroom inclusion) and the other in general ed classes. My child does not always bring homework home (it gets lost before leaving class) and we spend HOURS upon HOURS trying to get through the additional required materials - Jiji and Study Island (which I feel is a big waste of time and the kids hate the programs). I get unsatisfactory notices every time they are sent out and every period the comments are the same. Focus on Jiji and Study Island and your child will improve. Well...the bottom line is these computer programs do not work for every child. I don't think the teachers know what to do with kids that don't fit into the mold. I do not blame the teachers. They are very hard working and I understand they do not have the time to allocate to each child with problems. My child has an IEP and even that does not seem to make a difference. I am a very hands on parent, but the system ties my hands at every turn. Communications at this school are dreadful. I never know about anything until the night before, which makes it impossible to plan ahead.

C T Sewell Elementary School 5

Posted May 02, 2014
Not sure where the previous reviewer got her information, but my children have homework each night. They are required to do their homework & read each & every night. Sewell ES is an excellent school. The teachers are the reason it is exceptional. They truly care about our children! They are caring & hard working. The 5th grade team are the best group of teachers. They have created an environment where out 5th grade students are very well prepared for Jr. High/Middle School. The teachers are really the "shining stars" of this school! Thank you Sewell teachers & staff.

C T Sewell Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2014
I have two kids that are in Speical needs classes and one that is in GE. There are way to many kids in each class room. Kids don't come home with homework. No one can return a phone call or email. This is not a good school. I had to pull out one of my kids. Due to he wasn't getting the help that he needed. And now I am pulling my other two.

Posted November 10, 2010
The children come first in every classroom.

Posted November 03, 2010
C. T. Sewell Empowerment Elementary School's vision is "Kids First" and they mean it in everything they do. My child's needs, academic, social and emotional are at the forefront of everything the teachers and administrators do. The school focuses on building community from students to teachers to parents to community businesses and on creating life-long learners in all academic areas. My child as a young, 5 year old kindergartener, knows all of his letters and sounds, is beginning to read some sight words and can count to 20. And it's only October! Imagine what he will be doing by the time he goes into first grade!

Posted October 04, 2009
They are very caring for the students that dont have the advantages and opportunities as others. They have many wonderful programs throughout the year to keep the sudents healthy and safe

C T Sewell Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
Our children have attended the school the past year. Their teachers have been fantastic! Dr. Larsen is so committed to the school and inspires and motivates the staff and families with her enthusiasm. Our children have learned so much this year! Great job staff!

C T Sewell Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2009

C T Sewell Elementary School 5

Posted December 21, 2008
Congratulations to Dr. Carrie Larson for being awarded the Milken Award! She was one of only 2 Nevada educators selected to win this national award! She completely deserves it for all that she has done for our school! We truly are a family and she has been a major force in molding and shaping this school into this great thing that it is today. We are lucky to have her! In response to the post on December, 19th...teachers come and go from any school in this district from year-to-year. Our school is no acception. It's just the nature of this school district. The staff that we have now is fastastic and we're happy to be here!

C T Sewell Elementary School
700 East Lake Mead Dr, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified C T Sewell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C T Sewell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top