Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted July 06, 2016
I hate to assume, but as it stands, nearly every negative review that I have read of this school seems to be coming from an uneducated source... I am not entirely sure if they would be the most accurate or credible sources of sound mind or demeanor. On the contrary, my son has attended Sue Morrow for 3 years now, and I could not be happier with his education advancements in that time. We moved here from the east coast, where he was previously more challenged academically, leaving me with several anxieties over his blundering educational options here in the greater Las Vegas area. I literally based our housing arrangements off of a school choice in moving here and I am so glad that we did. He has maintained academic achievement, even when I was worried that he would fall backwards having known many things when we arrived that had yet to be taught here. Yet each teacher every year since, continues to find ways to challenge him. Furthermore, we have never had to meet the principle but from the way things run in the classroom, I see no need to judge her negatively. I look forward to him attending his last two years of elementary before we must move on to a more than likely private school, or magnet program. In which case, I think this school is in excellent preparation for.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 06, 2016
A special thanks to Mrs. Lombardo, Mrs. Cropp, and Mrs. Dillishaw for an amazing school year with my son!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 17, 2016
The principal does not go this herself so it's not the message being sent down. And she lacks knowledge and is unwilling.

Posted May 17, 2016
The secretary is rude and the principal has her preconceived notions and is not willing to work with parents. If you'd like to hear her reasoning for her poor decisions, the secretary will call you back in a few weeks to schedule an appointment 3 weeks away. If we knew that this principal was so bad we would have been looking for schools a long time ago. Now we are rushing to find a great school for our twins. Thanks A LOT Sue Morrow!

Posted April 07, 2015
After reading some negative reviews I felt compelled to respond. Sue H Morrow has been a wonderful experience for my son and the family both before and after the school had staff changes. On parent teacher nights I have been always amazed to see all the hours of dedication that the teachers have invested both at school and the teachers personal time. My son is very happy with his school and enjoys doing his homework. I believe it is because of this school, staff and teachers that my son has excelled. Thank You R.Ziemer

Posted April 12, 2013
Sue Morrow was a great school until the new principal came in about two years ago. He is very inexperienced, and the climate of the school changed right after he started. It is no longer warm and family-like at the school. Student expectations have gone down. Problems are swept under the rug. It is quite obvious that the staff and teachers are unhappy with the changes.

Posted November 03, 2012
Last here is the proof. The school all year is asking for the parents to give money for the school, yet you will see if you attend the truth, Why do you have to give the teacher dinner tickets or vacation money or many expensive gifts for your child to attend the school and the teachers asking for the parent and student to give gifts and money toward teachers. What is it now the teacher only ask for gifts or other wise they don;t teach your kid correct without money of special gifts the teachers ask from the kids to bring to school ? ? They are only interested in the bottom line making the school look good at what every cost. Anyway they don't want to hear from you. I tried making and appointment to speak to the principle, he never did always sent Mr. C the assistant principle. So I went to the CCSD and only than did they take attention when you get the School District involved. Parents beware your Kids education at risk here, you will see for yourself. My Oswalt the principle only think show them some chart they are doing good even if they are failing he tries to convince you otherwise. My kid had some "F" on her weekly test but yet has A & B on her report card - - Interesting.

Posted August 06, 2012
My two children go to school here and I love it. The teachers are very personable as well as the principal, I have volunteered many times and plan on doing it more this year. Thanks for providing excellent care for my children.

Sue H Morrow Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2012
I have a Kindergartener in Mrs. DelGiorno's class. I believe her and Mrs. Henn are wonderful teachers. I can only speak for those two since I have not met the PM teachers. My child went in not knowing much and has learned so much already. Mr. Oswalt is the new principal this year and have no complaints with him at all. I have not had any problems with any of the staff. I believe there are two negatives regarding kindergarten. 1) it is not long enough (only 2.5 hours) and 2) there are too many kids per class/teacher (30 kids in each class). My child would benefit from a smaller class size, she gets distracted easily and constantly needs redirection. Teachers really appreciate parent involvement. PTA is really involved in this school. There are carnivals, dances, donuts and dads, and other activities throughout the school year.

Posted March 10, 2012
Former students told us that Sue Morrow had an awesome fifth grade program that stressed preparation for middle school. Our special needs child was granted a variance and has learned many skills needed to survive middle school. We are actually starting to look forward to sixth grade. She has been challenged by changing classes, juggling assignments from different teachers, and tough, time-consuming projects. At the same time she has had the support she needs to succeed and keep her grades above average. Teachers, other students, and academics are excellent. Sue Morrow is just what she needed!

1070 Featherwood Ave, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified Sue H Morrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.