Henderson, NV

Posted April 07, 2015
After reading some negative reviews I felt compelled to respond. Sue H Morrow has been a wonderful experience for my son and the family both before and after the school had staff changes. On parent teacher nights I have been always amazed to see all the hours of dedication that the teachers have invested both at school and the teachers personal time. My son is very happy with his school and enjoys doing his homework. I believe it is because of this school, staff and teachers that my son has excelled. Thank You R.Ziemer

Posted April 12, 2013
Sue Morrow was a great school until the new principal came in about two years ago. He is very inexperienced, and the climate of the school changed right after he started. It is no longer warm and family-like at the school. Student expectations have gone down. Problems are swept under the rug. It is quite obvious that the staff and teachers are unhappy with the changes.

Posted November 03, 2012
Last here is the proof. The school all year is asking for the parents to give money for the school, yet you will see if you attend the truth, Why do you have to give the teacher dinner tickets or vacation money or many expensive gifts for your child to attend the school and the teachers asking for the parent and student to give gifts and money toward teachers. What is it now the teacher only ask for gifts or other wise they don;t teach your kid correct without money of special gifts the teachers ask from the kids to bring to school ? ? They are only interested in the bottom line making the school look good at what every cost. Anyway they don't want to hear from you. I tried making and appointment to speak to the principle, he never did always sent Mr. C the assistant principle. So I went to the CCSD and only than did they take attention when you get the School District involved. Parents beware your Kids education at risk here, you will see for yourself. My Oswalt the principle only think show them some chart they are doing good even if they are failing he tries to convince you otherwise. My kid had some "F" on her weekly test but yet has A & B on her report card - - Interesting.

Posted August 06, 2012
My two children go to school here and I love it. The teachers are very personable as well as the principal, I have volunteered many times and plan on doing it more this year. Thanks for providing excellent care for my children.

Sue H Morrow Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2012
I have a Kindergartener in Mrs. DelGiorno's class. I believe her and Mrs. Henn are wonderful teachers. I can only speak for those two since I have not met the PM teachers. My child went in not knowing much and has learned so much already. Mr. Oswalt is the new principal this year and have no complaints with him at all. I have not had any problems with any of the staff. I believe there are two negatives regarding kindergarten. 1) it is not long enough (only 2.5 hours) and 2) there are too many kids per class/teacher (30 kids in each class). My child would benefit from a smaller class size, she gets distracted easily and constantly needs redirection. Teachers really appreciate parent involvement. PTA is really involved in this school. There are carnivals, dances, donuts and dads, and other activities throughout the school year.

Posted March 10, 2012
Former students told us that Sue Morrow had an awesome fifth grade program that stressed preparation for middle school. Our special needs child was granted a variance and has learned many skills needed to survive middle school. We are actually starting to look forward to sixth grade. She has been challenged by changing classes, juggling assignments from different teachers, and tough, time-consuming projects. At the same time she has had the support she needs to succeed and keep her grades above average. Teachers, other students, and academics are excellent. Sue Morrow is just what she needed!

Posted February 29, 2012
Since all the reviews here are a few years old, I thought I would give an updated review. I have a first grader at Sue Morrow and she is doing fantastic. We have nothing, but positive things to say about Sue Morrow. They have a huge emphasis on reading, especially in the first grade. The principal is new this year and he has young kids of his own. They do a lot of family activities: School Carnival, School Productions, and Family Nights. I'm very happy and thankful to be zoned for Sue Morrow.

Posted September 25, 2008
The principal should be in an older child setting, this man does not care about our children, he only cares about making the school look brand new with money that should be spent on our children and test scores

Sue H Morrow Elementary School 4

Posted July 13, 2008
we ahave 2 grandchildreni in this school and one in 5th going to jr. high..i have always loved this school and valunteered a lot over the years, but the staff in the office are are very un helpful and rude, i miss the the staff from years ago. i hate going into the office i feel like i am taking up someones time and it makes me feel awful.

Sue H Morrow Elementary School

Posted June 16, 2008
The administrative staff is mostly concerned about their image as a whole, not how to solve problems. The school counselor is unattainable. The higher level administration do not listen. The teachers seem put out and miffed at the higher level administrators. There are only a few school functions to involve parents and students in comparison to other Clark County schools. The constant barrage of outside events and fund raisers do not invlove the children and are always last minute.

Sue H Morrow Elementary School
1070 Featherwood Ave, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified Sue H Morrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sue H Morrow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top