Frank S Lamping Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted April 1, 2014

Students who are naturally ahead of most do well here, because they are challenged. If your child has any behavior, social or academic delays than this school is a nightmare.

Posted October 21, 2013

This is a great school. My son has come very far academically. I almost feel like he is in a private school. I love that they have to wear uniforms and are very accountable for their actions.

Posted September 15, 2013

My husband and I are very pleased with the education that our child is receiving at Lamping. This year is off to a great start with Mr. Knudson as our teacher. His humor and challenging work has really inspired my son. He has never enjoyed school as much as he is this year!

Posted March 7, 2013

Amazing! We are having a wonderful second grade year with Ms. Moas! We feel very lucky we have her at Lamping.

Posted October 19, 2012

Frank Lamping is by far the best school my children have attended. The community and parent involvement is amazing and I truly feel that the school cares about the education of the students. The school promotes college even at this level of education which I think is great. My child constantly praises her 2nd grade teacher, Mr. Rapp and she is much more responsive and willing to learn than I have ever seen.

Posted May 21, 2011

Lamping is a wonderful school. There are excellent programs available and the teachers are outstanding. There is great parent involvement as well. Our family couldn't be happier when this school!

Posted March 1, 2010

You've hit GOLD if your children are able to attend Lamping. Although the schools here will never compete with high-tax east coast districts, Lamping is the best in Vegas. I'm not sure what will happen now that there is a new Principal, but the roots of Lamping are very strong, the surrounding community is supportive.

Posted December 10, 2009

This is an excellent school. Our daughters are very happy and challenged daily. Our only complaint is the homework loads can be excessive, and finding parking during school events.

Posted August 23, 2009

Frank Lamping Elem.is an outstanding school. This is a top rated school that has teachers and a administration that really cares about their students future. My dauther starts this year and I have some concerns about 1. Swine Flu procedures not being installed 2. Number of students in a class room. (fire standards) With students being this close in a class room and the outbreak of Flu this season we need to be proactive and take steps to prevent any outbreaks.

Posted July 3, 2009

I have my 2 kids going to this school since past 2 years. Undoubtedly Lamping is one of the best schools in the area. However, i feel that there are a few areas where the school could still reach higher standards. Firstly, the extra-curricualr activties aren't as excellent as these could be. There is not much chlallenge offered in the programs and an above average child has not much to gain from these. Also one of my kids is in the gifted program at the school, but the program is more of an enrichment one and again lacks challenge and motivation to rise above and do something unique. My child also did not gain much in terms of learning at school as his teacher was not willing to go an extra mile. However, my younger kid's teacher in grade 1 was very forthcoming in bringing up with challenging stuff for kids.

Posted May 14, 2009

We were zoned out of Lamping and boy do we miss it! It is true that there is a bit os a 'status' that comes along with this school, as most of the areas surrounding it are higher demographic, however it was never a problem and my children excelled here and absolutely loved it! We are so sad that we were zoned out, and not nearly as happy with the quality of education, teachers, leadership, and family interaction and involvement as what we had at Lamping with our new school Glenn Taylor. We are looking into private schools and have even thought about moving again to end up back in Lamping district even though we would lose money on the home we just purchased a little over a year ago.

Posted March 4, 2009

My son attends this school. He is not an excellerated studant and seems to have some trouble learning. I feel that he is being swept under the rug. This school does seems to focus on the positive, it is true. I worry that they try to skim over the negatives so that they will not impose on their reputation. I am trying to work with my child and help him catch up but I feel that I need more help from the school and teachers. The school has many fun activties for the children and the staff and parents have a great spirit about them but I believe that there needs to be more focus on the basics. This school is very crowded and has a few safty issues also.

Posted January 22, 2009

The school has great parents and teachers. I believe in their kindness. I believe that they need to focus more in that direction and less in the need to be number 1. The school has enough thrills and needs to work on teaching the individual child. Science is great but they need to work on the basics. The Pricipal seems to be working on not being so preoccupied but has a way to go. The dress code does need to be enforced for these mothers. It is crazy what they wear and the children do notice the low cut tops, tight jeans and short skirts.

Posted October 2, 2008

My children are doing great in school. They have good teachers and I am pleased. I do agree that the principal does not return calls and seems to favor 'certain' teachers and parents. I also feel that this school puts to much importance on getting more more more. I am concernd that I the cloths that the mothers who volenteer wear. I believe that they should have to be dressed according to CCSD dress code. They come to volenteer in such low cut tops and short little skirts , I believe this is a distraction and in poor taste. I do believe that the parent involvment is what makes this the school that it is. It does seem that their is quite a bit put on 'social status' between the children, that worries me. I do not want my children to think that they are better or less than others.

Posted September 19, 2008

As a parent with two lucky children who have been fortunate enough to have been students at this wonderful school, I have to say that I think there are a lot of parents who have simply become SPOILED at Lamping. They really do not know how good they have it. The staff at Lamping is the best you will find. The teachers do not make any more money than other teachers elsewhere in the district, but at Lamping, the level of professionalism is simply UNMATCHED. The principal is a leader of the highets caliber, as I have witnessed first-hand for nearly five years. As an involved parent (of average middle-class standing mind you), I see and appreciate the first-classs learning environment that he has created here.

Posted September 17, 2008

I believe that this school has simply gone down hill. Even after zone changes it is over crowded and the Principal does not seem to have the interest in the studants at all anymore. The school has a Science Center that is impressive. It seems to be very over rated in my opinion. The studants are pushed to excell (which mine do) but the children who can not keep up are swept under the rug and looked down upon by others. The principal also does not like to have contact with parents. I believe that this school has been over rated.

Posted June 24, 2008

We have been so blessed this year with a fabulous 1st grade teacher!! However, we had issues with my daughters kindergarten year and the principal simply did not return any of our calls for about six weeks....and when he did, he was rude and obviously feeling put our by our questions. He is known to be quite arrogant and uncommunicative with the teachers who are not his pets. (read between the lines on this one....the younger and more attractive, the more the teacher is a pet.) The school is overcrowded but many kids have been rezoned to other schools for next year so that will help. We love the front office staff. They are truly outstanding in what they do. There are other schools in this area that have higher ratings and better reviews so someone new to the area may want to check those out before purchasing a home.

Posted May 26, 2008

My daughter is in Kindergarten and is so excited to learn. She comes home with such wonderful stories and new things she teaches us too. I think Lamping fosters a great love for teaching and it shows in all the teachers, front office staff, even the wonderful maintenance people and cafeteria workers. My family was zoned out this year and we are moving back into the zone right across the street from the school to be sure that we are not rezoned again away from Lamping.

Posted October 22, 2007

My daughter currently has Mrs. Duchac and is loving her. I love her as well even though it's only been since August. She is really an inspiration to my daughter. Mrs. Duchac makes the children want to learn, which is pretty spectacular in itself.

Posted October 18, 2007

My children have been extremely happy at this school. The staff and teachers have always been very attentive to mine and my children's needs and they offer opportunities that are not offered at other schools.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

136 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students94%

Full price92%
Proficient in English91%
Not migrant91%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students98%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 13%N/A54%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2551 Summit Grove Dr