Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2016
My two daughters previously attended Glen Taylor and then Wolff elementary. Both are Wonderful schools. We recently moved into the Lamping School Zone (we have lived in 89052 area for 16 years) Not happy at all with Lamping Elementary. The office employees are very rude, 4 hours of homework, homework on the weekends, projects during break. A project every 2 weeks. This school makes it very hard if your children have 2 working parents. My daughter has been unhappy this year. My daughter is now behind and she used to love school. The principal seems to not want the children to have any fun. Glen Taylor and Wolff had a lot of events that made the children happy. Hoping we can get a variance so we can get her out! I've heard other parents complain in my neighborhood as well. Some took their kids out of the school to either homeschool or was able to move them to Glen Taylor. Very disappointed

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2016
We just moved here to Nevada and was told this was the best school in the area. I was not impressed the first day. The office administrator was not very friendly and was unhelpful. She acted like we were a burden to sign our son up for school. The pickup and drop off system is horrible and not safe for kids. No system in place at all. If your son has learning issues the teachers act like they want to help and be concerned, but write citations and provide constant negative feedback at the end of the day. No teacher's aids or extra help for kids with needs. We have been here a month and I'm not happy. If this school does not improve with my son's IEP and school counselors, I will be homeschooling him next fall.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 05, 2015
The ART TEACHER is darn right MEAN to her students. She REALLY needs to be replaced.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
Teachers are super critical and have too much time on their hands to look for errors. They need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!! Male students need to get more praise, school is bias to girls. More hands on activities would stimulate them more. This school seems very old fashioned and too much pressure to be perfect is put on the students, boo! :(

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 20, 2015
way way too much!! 4 hours on some nights for a 4th grader?? project galore. unrealistic expectations. Many parents do their kids' homework. unbelievable.. I have already gone to school. wake up teachers

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 20, 2015
to a point. when they start being negative and putting students down, I feel the students need to stand up for themselves and to give their teachers a taste of their own medicine

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 20, 2015
No!!!!!!! the teachers are in charge and nag and constantly belittle students and parents. I wish they would not hire such old teachers!

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 3

Posted February 04, 2015
We bought a home specifically for this school zone and the school's rating, but it wasn't long before the rose-colored glasses came off. Standardized test scores and the 5-star rating reign supreme at this school. The teachers and staff are good, but highly intimidated by a micromanaging administration. The principal does not consider the needs of each individual student and will ignore you if you make any request for help. He does not want anyone getting in the way of his 5-star rating and will throw your child to the wolves before helping, just as he did with our child.

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 5

Posted January 08, 2015
This is my daughter's first year at Lamping and we have been so impressed. After reading some of the reviews below, I completely disagree with others on how the staff and teachers work with children who are delayed or considered special needs. Everyone has a unique experience, but from what I've encountered, I have been so happy at this school. My daughter has an IEP and she has grown more over the past 6 months since attending Lamping. Her teachers have been wonderful in helping her feel confident in herself and have accelerated her learning substantially . She sees the school's speech therapist, weekly, and she has had huge improvements in her speech this year. I have feared, because she struggles, that she would hate school. I am so thankful they have taken the time to teach her that learning can be fun and enjoyable.

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2014
I am hurt that this schools doesn't understand children who are slower learners. I would appreciate if they cared more about feelings rather than looking good!! The staff at this school seem unhappy. My child was a happy kids until he started going here. If your child is perfect and excels this school will be fine, but if your child has any delays, this school will be a nightmare.

2551 Summit Grove Dr, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified Frank S Lamping Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.