Henderson, NV

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 05, 2015
The ART TEACHER is darn right MEAN to her students. She REALLY needs to be replaced.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
Teachers are super critical and have too much time on their hands to look for errors. They need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!! Male students need to get more praise, school is bias to girls. More hands on activities would stimulate them more. This school seems very old fashioned and too much pressure to be perfect is put on the students, boo! :(

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 20, 2015
way way too much!! 4 hours on some nights for a 4th grader?? project galore. unrealistic expectations. Many parents do their kids' homework. unbelievable.. I have already gone to school. wake up teachers

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 20, 2015
to a point. when they start being negative and putting students down, I feel the students need to stand up for themselves and to give their teachers a taste of their own medicine

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 20, 2015
No!!!!!!! the teachers are in charge and nag and constantly belittle students and parents. I wish they would not hire such old teachers!

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 3

Posted February 04, 2015
We bought a home specifically for this school zone and the school's rating, but it wasn't long before the rose-colored glasses came off. Standardized test scores and the 5-star rating reign supreme at this school. The teachers and staff are good, but highly intimidated by a micromanaging administration. The principal does not consider the needs of each individual student and will ignore you if you make any request for help. He does not want anyone getting in the way of his 5-star rating and will throw your child to the wolves before helping, just as he did with our child.

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 5

Posted January 08, 2015
This is my daughter's first year at Lamping and we have been so impressed. After reading some of the reviews below, I completely disagree with others on how the staff and teachers work with children who are delayed or considered special needs. Everyone has a unique experience, but from what I've encountered, I have been so happy at this school. My daughter has an IEP and she has grown more over the past 6 months since attending Lamping. Her teachers have been wonderful in helping her feel confident in herself and have accelerated her learning substantially . She sees the school's speech therapist, weekly, and she has had huge improvements in her speech this year. I have feared, because she struggles, that she would hate school. I am so thankful they have taken the time to teach her that learning can be fun and enjoyable.

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2014
I am hurt that this schools doesn't understand children who are slower learners. I would appreciate if they cared more about feelings rather than looking good!! The staff at this school seem unhappy. My child was a happy kids until he started going here. If your child is perfect and excels this school will be fine, but if your child has any delays, this school will be a nightmare.

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 5

Posted September 08, 2014
Overall we moved to GV because of the schools, we are extremely impressed with our sons vibrant teacher. He is thrilled to come to school and he is more willing to learn. Thank you to Ms. Moas for making our school year fun and a smooth transition. We are blessed :)

Frank S Lamping Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2014
I thought this would be a fantastic school, and for the most part, the staff is great. THE LEADERSHIP Is utterly and rediculously snobbish, insensitive and bossy. If your child has special needs or any thing that could be considered less than perfect, this principal will not want you there and he will be relentless untill you transfer your child elsewhere. My child was singled out, targeted, labeled as trouble, and wound up in severe emotional distress due to the bias against my child by the administration here. It nearly caused a lawsuit. Like I said, I live in this neighborhood and it is a great school if you have enough money and your child is perfect enough. So unimpressed. The environment almost ruined my child who has more than enough challenges without being threatened and treated poorly by adults. It was sad to witness a wonderful staff who were silenced, instructed not to speak to me, etc because of the principal.

2551 Summit Grove Dr, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified Frank S Lamping Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank S Lamping Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top