PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Another year and another disappointment, so last year my step son received a 100% on every homework assignment and they just told me, that nothing was marked. Again they mention they will send a email and everything takes forever to get a response. They allow an ex-husband to stalk his ex-wife and they think it is Ok. This school claims to be christian, just donate money that is what is important to them....Another year of court ordered schooling as the ex-husband volunteers and drives the fun bus with kids....I assume their background check is not very good.... Sad Step Father

Amount of homework: Disagree

The send home a lot of homework, to make up for the lack of time spent on the subject material during class. They put the burden back on the parent to finish what they have started. Most of the time the child is over whelmed with homework that they don't understand. The teachers under grade six don't even have a degree....Check out the website on the careers section.

When we moved to Henderson I was dreading the reputation of the Las Vegas school system (maybe different from the Henderson USD, but I wasn't sure). So we began touring various private schools. A lot of them had what you might call "polish," but beneath that I didn't always see the heart. When we toured LMCA that was the first thing we saw. Now we've been at the school for three years and haven't had a single moment of regret. The heart is what shines brightest at this school, and now with a second compass there is a lot of polish too. The community is great and we've met and become friends with so many families. We haven't experienced any cliquishness which is also very impressive for a Christian school. If you haven't had a tour yet, you should!

The most important job that a teacher has is to make her students feel valued. My granddaughter's teacher failed. She had about 13 students and was the most disconnected and unaware teacher that I ever dealt with..We had high hopes for this school..Sad..

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are well educated and instruct the student in various ways to meet the educational needs of every student.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students are taught to be honest and to love one another and to accept each others differences.

The genuine concern the staff has for the students and the education being received is exceptional.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have some of the best teachers! Not only do they teach material, but they teach life skills that will carry through into the rest of their students lives!

I live in Aliante, and I commute to Henderson everyday just so I can be a part of this loving community!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Many of the teachers aren't even certified teachers in fact a handful of them are the school owners children which is the only reason they hold such positions

Last modified Lake Mead Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12