No rating

GV Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 740 students

Excellent Academic program

Living in Henderson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $161,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Posted February 27, 2014

My Son is in Kindergarten at this School. Teachers are Great! My Son Loves it! So far so good... We will be Enrolling for 1st grade.

Posted February 20, 2014

I have 2 children, both who attend GV Christian School. My daughter is in the 3's program with the pre school and my son has attended GV Christian School since he was in the infant room (Cottontails). He is now in 1st Grade and all I need to say is "WOW"! I am so pleased with the performance, knowledge of God, curriculum and behavior in both of them. They have grown and matured so much and every year I see a huge improvement. All of the teachers have always been loving and caring. My son's Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers (and assistants!!) have all exceeded my expectations! Parent communication is amazing, I love receiving pictures emailed to me and occasionally uploaded on the school website. The school also offers many parent involvement activities, an advanced curriculum and compared to public schools, a SMALLER class size. Here, teachers actually get an assistant, where that is not always the case in public school. I recommend GV Christian School to anyone that would love their child to succeed, have a religious background and get a great, advanced education.

Posted September 8, 2013

Green Valley Christian School is living up to its excellent reputation. My son started second grade here this year, and I cannot believe the consistency, academic expectancy, and values that are being taught. He is being challenged- finally.

Posted July 14, 2013

Great value for a great education. We have been there for 3 years and she is at a grade above reading and math. You will have homework and a longer day ( but that is it use to be going to school from 8-3 not 9-1) they are adding more to the school. I am hoping the middle school adds more sports and gym. They need that badly. Also the teachers are great and always available. The principal and vice principal are always outside greeting parents and kids.

Posted April 11, 2013

Very dis-satified with the education and security at this school! I had my daughter enrolled in an after hour class and another parent was permitted to take my daughter from this class and leave the school grounds without my permission. No one at the front desk asked for a note nor checked the list of possible adults allowed to pick-up my child. The parent did return to the school with my child unharmed but I was scared to death! And, the school failed to accept any blame for the ordeal! If you are considering enrolling your child and would reconsider it. I should have.

Posted January 31, 2013

When choosing a school for my daughter I had several things I wanted for my child. First and foremost, I wanted a great education without going bankrupt. Secondly, as a single mother relying on " before and after school care", the school needed to be a place I felt my daughter would be safe and enjoy ( for 9+ hours/day ). The safe key staff is uncomparable!!! They take care of these children, play with them, teach them, mentor them, and love them! The teachers, TA's are approachable, answer questions, and truly care about your child.This school offers specials such as: art, computer, music, and PE. There are also a lot of field trips which are great - it gives the parent an opportunity to meet other parents, classmates, and teachers while learning. The Principal and Vice Principal are very involved in the school. They know each child by name (not just a few...all of them), they know the parents. Every morning both are outside greeting the parents, and children with a friendly smile. Green Valley Christian School has proven to be the BEST choice for us. I would highly recommend it. The personal attention and family atmosphere while getting a superior education is PRICELESS!

Posted December 3, 2012

This school appears to be overcrowded. There is a TA but this does not make up for the large class sizes. Comparable to public school. No good sports opportunities. Has religion but we need more than this to succeed.

Posted December 3, 2012

I agree. I have one in K and one in 1st grade. The pre k and k teachers are very loving but this does not make up for the outrageous class sizes. Unless your kids are all academic then there is really nothing else as sports are not important here. There are some very comperable public schools out there that you dont have to pay for.

Posted August 23, 2012

From the moment my husband and I walked into the school, we knew this is exactly where our daughter needed to be. From the principal to the teachers and staff all I have to say is well done! Yes, tuition is kind of pricy, but for my daughter to be coming home everyday after school so excited to be going back, it is well worth it. Everyone there always greets each parent. I would highly recommend this school. Take a free tour of the school, you will LOVE IT! The part I LOVE the most as well, is they welcome parents to be involved and interact with your child! What schools allows that?

Posted July 10, 2012

My daughter used to attend GVCS, and we were happy while she was there. Due to the economy I had to change schools. It was then that I found my child who was getting A's and B's in all subjects was 6 months to a year BEHIND in all subjects. It was very dissappointing to say the least. I had to hire an outside tutor to bring her up to grade level. After payings as much as I did, expecting her to be above grade level as advertised, this was overly annoying. All the teachers that we had were amazing, but even with the TAs in the classroom I think they are overwhelmed with class size.

Posted June 19, 2012

My daughter has attended GV Christian School since she was 5 years old and is still attending in the Prep/High School! This school has more than lived up to what I expected when we first came here 10 years ago. The school has poured love and knowledge into her since the first day she arrived. I am so thankful for a school that not only gives her the best education in the city, but also builds her up daily with guidance & has shaped her into the young Godly woman that she is today.

Posted May 18, 2012

My kids have been coming here since they were 6 weeks old. One thing I can tell you about this school is how much the staff love my kids. They show it everyday. Also the academic level of learning is insane. My daughter who was still in Pre-K already is reading. I know in Public School they start with shapes and colors in Pre k. My daughter learned that about a year ago. My oldest daughter in first grade is doing the same curriculum as her friend who is in 3rd grade Public School!!!! This school blows me away.

Posted March 3, 2012

It saddens me to give the prep school a below average score. This was not the experience we were sold on in the beginning. We knew the facilities were below average. We knew there were no actual sports facilities. We knew there would be 30 kids to a class. Yet we knew they had the highest test scores averages from the children so that must mean something. As for a sports program they did not even offer basketball in 2012 fall. 30 kids in a class was supposed to be offset by a teacher's aid. I would expect something more than someone who just sits in the corner and grades papers. As for test scores. When the class does not do well It is amazing how many chances they get to bring their grades up to an 'a'. I love the honor roll but does that mean they are getting a better education? I love the teachers but the administrative staff is the worst I have seen. I feel lucky there are other options in Christian Schools. I will not be returning next year.

Posted June 16, 2011

My children have been attending GVCS for over 5 years and LOVE going to school. The teachers are Christians and enhance the biblcal teaching taught from home. This is a partnership with the teachers and parents to develop strong Christian character as well as provide an excellent education to our kids. We may not have a huge sports program or cafeteria yet, but we do have huge LOVE for Jesus -which is the most important treasure in life.

Posted June 9, 2011

My two daughters have been attending the school since pre-k, one is going to 4th grade and the other one to first grade. Unless moving out of the state they won't go to an other school. The academic level is intense as well as the work we are providing at home to maintain a high level in their education. The pair teacher and TA are most of the time made to perfection. I have been blessed year after with excellent teachers. This school is making our kids better individuals, that are tought outside their home to be kind, respectful and generous... I consider the school as our second home, communication is easy with teachers, principal or vice principal, without forgetting the ladies at the front desk that are the best. On my free time I volunteer at school helping in classrooms and I know for fact it is the best compared to overrated private school. This is true that the school raised their activity fees, but also they never raised the tuition since we got into the school, and it is nice to know we will have a music class when everybody in public are cutting those classes. Love love the school

Posted May 14, 2011

Deceiving is what this school is, it presents itself as a caring, christian school and when you get in it it proves to be something else. There are a few teachers who really want the best but the overall thing at this school is how they can get more money out of you. Registration fees go up and once you are enrolled in a school there is no reason you should pay a full registration fee every year (at least cut it in half). the ratio of kids in a class is ridiculous but they don't care that's more money for them. sad but true......they stay under the radar with the christian school logo. but after getting into it you are robbed. Not worth all that money. I really would like to give no stars to GVC

Posted May 5, 2011

My son has attended GVCC for 3 years now and we could not be happier. Every teacher he has had was FABULOUS. We've even had to make a couple of trips to the principles office, the administration wanted nothing but the best for my child. My son had thrived at this school. Academically they cannot compare to any public school. I have relatives in TX that have to pay twice what we pay for a private Christian school. We don't intend to ever leave!!!

Posted April 21, 2011

You cant conpare the class size at GVCS to public school. These kids take an enterance exam to ensure they are on grade level. So your child may have a large class size, but the teacher is not trying to accommodate kids 3 years below grade level, Kids that do not know English, and kids with special needs. There are always two teachers. I like the fact that if there are real world problems they can pray and speak freely about God. The academic rigor is intense, so if your child is coming from public school they will definitely go through a huge adjustment period. Homework and tests are intense even for a 2nd and 3rd grade student. Kids can't enter kinder without an enterance exam as well. I think they have sone kinks to work out, but this school tops any public school by far!

Posted April 3, 2011

unfortunately, I have to say that my daughter who is in the 4th grade, will not be attending gvc next year. They have increased their fees and they don't offer much Their so called sports program, are nonexistant, no lunchroom. The upper administration will walk by you and not even speak, they try and squeeze evey little penny they can get. For the money we pay they lack a whoooooole lot.

Posted March 21, 2011

A Warning To Other Parents - My child has gone to GVCS for many years. During the past 2 years the school has spiraled downward. It has become difficult to trust that the senior administrative staff has the best interest of our children in mind. More focus is placed on funds, rather than God or education. If a parent dare tries to attempt to bring a problem to someone's attention they become shunned and ostracized as being negative. As my child is receiving a quality scholastic education in no way is he being prepared to serve as a better Christian or person in life. It saddens me that after 5 years we will be leaving this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 6%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:45 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Ms. D. Ingalls, K-5; Ms. S. Smith 6-12
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Advanced placement courses
  • College prep
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Grand Canyon University

• Improv
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Television/Radio News
  • Yearbook

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Tutor