9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, NV
Students enrolled: 2,639

Foothill High School 1

Posted December 05, 2014
The majority of the teachers would rather sleep than teach the students. The lunch lines are ridiculous and everyone there is egotistical and selfish. The staff and the students have no problem slinging insults and badgering the parents and the students for pretty much anything. The band Directors are possibly the most self-centered jerks at the school they have no desire to help the students get better, They will tell the staff lies to make themselves look better and they have absolutely no respect for the parents and the students. From Freshman year to Graduation the school will look for anyway possible way to screw you in the end. I had a 3.3 unweighted GPA heading into senior year and ended with a 3.1.The counselors keep 0 track of anything including your grades, I took AP Calculus and the school took that away from me just because they lost the file even though I got a 4 on the AP test! Completely cheated me out of getting the advanced honors diploma. Under notes to what the staff says drugs are a huge problem at foothill, lot's of students bring all kinds of drugs on campus and the staff never says a word. SO HAPPY I'm out of that place and in college :D Worst school ever!

Posted April 04, 2013
Foothill is probably the very best school in the Clark County School District for minority and special needs kids. Teaching quality and experience is better than most and my experience has put me on the path to college. They have a bunch of programs that give you both high school AND college credit!!! (Mr. V is the BEST@!)

Foothill High School 2

Posted August 13, 2011
I have two daughters going to foothill hs. One has done very well 3.5 GPA. My other daughter has issues and can't stay on task and tends to get into trouble. After getting into trouble they don't give her the benefit of the doubt, one teacher everytime my daughter went to class she made her go to the office and wouldn't even let her attend class. Now with the cuts she has to take classes she has already taken and passed because they say they have no other classes for her to take. My son will be coming up soon into High School and as of right now he won't be going to Foothill because at least 3 of the teachers are rude and just don't care.

Posted June 03, 2011
The Band program IS the reputation of Foothill High school. It is amazing, I have learned so much through Mr. Pardee and Mr. Waters

Foothill High School 4

Posted March 09, 2011
The sports prgrams at Foothill are consistently good to great. The coaching staff is very experienced from what I can tell and they always produce winning seasons. My daughter was on the volleyball team and learned great teamwork there. The football games are a great way to spend a Friday night with halftime entertainment. I am just really impressed with them all for taking their time to spend with our children when they could probably be wroking somewhere else for more.

Posted September 10, 2010
I have a response to the person that wrote their remarks on 11/10/07. I feel bad for that family. My four kids all graduated from Foothill & they always received the help we ask for. Most of the teachers are great there & all of the teachers we dealt with really cared about our kids. I totally disagree about the band director having an ego problem. PROUD NOT EGO! Our son was in the Marching Band & Indoor Drumline for 4 years since 2006. Mr. Pardee & Mr. Waters are the most caring Director we have ever met. They care more about our kids than themselves. FHS band under the direction of Pardee & Waters have grown to 200 band kids this years! Last year we had around 35 Pit Crew & Family Volunteers! We had a BLAST! and trust me they are all very well educated! BEST BAND PROGRAM AROUND!!!

Foothill High School 4

Posted April 10, 2010
this school is a great school to want your kids to go to the teachers care about your grades other teachers at other schools wouldn't give you the time of the day about your grades because they feel like you should stay on top which is true but your kids would need someone that is going to give them that push and show them that they do have someone that wants them to be successful and thats what this school does

Foothill High School 3

Posted February 16, 2010
The school as a whole is really good and safe, however, you need to stay on top of your child's records because they tend to make mistakes and the mistakes are very difficult if not impossible to fix (unexcused absences as an example that are actually excused).

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted December 02, 2009
Best school ever!!! I am in the band and love the band, the band director, and all the administrators. I would never want to go to any other school.

Foothill High School
800 College Dr, Henderson, NV  89002
Last modified Foothill High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top