Elise L. Wolff Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 850 students

We are best known for exceptional test scores.

Posted May 31, 2011

For a state rated low in public education, Wolff Elementary in Henderson is a 10 all the way! Teachers, staff, parents, activities... all outstanding! If someone tells you differently, they're simply uninvolved.

Posted May 31, 2011

I've met several parents who chose to move to Seven Hills specifically so their children could attend this school. Wolff is a strong public school with amazing front office staff, teachers, and involved parents -- all who genuinely care about each child who goes here. GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted March 15, 2011

My sons in fifth grade and to be honest were sad that he's leaving. He has alot of issues being ADHD but they've handled it so well. Changing classes this year has been hard for him but I really feel it will help him next year. My daughter will be going to Wolff in 2012 and were happy to send her there.

Posted January 25, 2011

Its my first year @ the school.been very happy son .Has improve grades alot.Everybody is friendly to you ...

Posted June 15, 2010

Very nice staff & teachers. Kids seem happy and are learning. School is always clean when I have visited.

Posted October 3, 2009

Great teachers, Great parents and Great kids! Everybody pitches in there are fun activities and events all year long!! The staff is wonderful and the education my child gets is priceless.

Posted June 25, 2009

I have two children at Wolff and love the experience. My children's teachers have been extremely dedicated and go the extra mile to make learning excellent and yet fun. The principal and staff are involved and dedicated. Parent involvement is allowed and encouraged. This is a school with a heart as they have many activities that encourage the children to give to others and show compassion. With the exception of parking/pick-up, it has exceeded our standards! I highly recommend Wolff to anyone who wants a great school with a more 'home town' feel.

Posted May 28, 2009

I have been with this school since its inception, and will have children in attendence until 2014. I love Elise L Wolff Elementary. There are some wonderful teachers there. Teachers who go above and beyond, volunteering for committees to bring enrichment programs to our school, like Multi Cultural Night, Honor Choir, Fitness Night, Apple Core Reading and many more that keep my children engaged and excited to learn.

Posted January 22, 2009

I have been involved with this school for 2 years now. I have a special needs child with an IEP in place. The teachers don't seem to understand how to follow an IEP and the principal/vice principal don't seem to understand how to enforce an IEP. The pickup/drop of situation at this school is a hazard for our children and could have been more thought out and implemented in a better way than what is in place now. There could be more extra-curricular activities for the children. If I had it to do over again, I would not pick this school for my children - I would go with a different school.

Posted November 22, 2008

We will be leaving Wolff next month and spent 2 years here. We moved from a National Blue Ribbon Elementary School and I was very wary about the education my children would receive here in NV. We had no interaction with the prior principal, but Mrs. Harbin is a consistent, involved principal. The teachers my children had were exceptional (Likos, Flynn, Berg, Ripp). I served on the PTA Board and felt like I was among good friends, very involved parents who want only the best for their children and others. My children thought the lunches in TX were better and I would have liked to see more extracurricular subjects during the school day, but overall I was extremely happy with the education my children received. I would recommend Wolff to anyone moving to NV.

Posted May 13, 2008

I love how some of these parents are slamming the teachers and committment to education - when the parent themselves cannot spell or use correct grammar. I have been at Wolff for 5 years, and have had a great experience every year. mrs. Harbin is very approachable, much more so than the previous principal, and most of the teachers are outstanding. Fresh out of school is bad? I have seen more involvement and excitement in the new teachers than the ones who have been teaching for years!

Posted February 6, 2008

Our child and us are very happy with Elise Wolff ES. The teachers who we've met are caring and very professional. Our daughter has progressed quite well and she looks forward to going to school everyday. We don't feel that the parking situation is a problem either.

Posted January 14, 2008

My child and I are hate this school. There is no parent involvment, no leadership at all, no extracirricluar activites, not a safe school and the principal-not concerned at all! I pulled my child from this school..because of all the reasons above. We came across a situation and the principal didn't do a thing about it not do the teacher. It was a very serios matter that needed immediate attention! I would never want anyone to go through what we went through. If you care for your kids then don't enroll the here!

Posted November 7, 2007

Aside from parking and pick-up issues, we teachers at Elise L. Wolff are dedicated professionals. We are committed to the students' well-being and give 110% each day. After all, our job is to teach your children and in my humble opinion, we do an excellent job of that!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 26, 2007

My children have been so unhappy at this school. They liked it last year but now they dread going. I don t know what has made the difference. I have called the principal 3 times in the last month to try to get to the bottom of it. No one returns my calls. Open House was held before school started so none of the teachers knew my kids. It was like it was designed to keep us parents from talking to the teacher about our kids. I used to be able to talk to the teacher before and after school but I can t get near them anymore. It is frustrating that the principal does not respond to parent calls, I guess I shouldn t expect the teachers too either.

Posted September 25, 2007

Wolff Elementary is a great school. Individuals that judge the teachers by their age are showing their own ignorance. These teachers have had excellent training and terrific mentorship from the teachers who have been at Wolff for years. I will not argue that parking is difficult at Wolff, but that does not determine whether my child succeeds or fails in their educational career. My children have gone to Wolff for several years and have had excellent teachers each year - those teachers make a difference.

Posted September 8, 2007

What was once a great school that strove for excellence has been led down the path of mediocrity. Don't be fooled by the recent 'explemplary' scores. Those tests were taken just weeks after the old principal left. The new teachers are all babies fresh out of school.

Posted September 7, 2007

My Kindergartener just started school there and it is AWFUL. They have this ridiculus parking policy that does not allow me to walk my child up the school. The principal is rude and has a very hard time articulating herself. My childs teacher changed the day before school started. VERY disorganized and unprofessional. Look at Lamping instead. Wish I had bought in that neighborhood!

Posted June 2, 2007

I want to say that I am very impressed with the new principal Mrs. Harbin. She is personable, always smiling, has the best interest of the children at heart and is a true leader. This may sound like a Harbin for President campaign...haha, but as an involved parent I am very impressed. I have researched many schools here in the valley and not very many can stand with Wolff and the outstanding teachers, principal and staff. They are constantly looking for ways to improve the safety and overall environment for the school and the children. My suggestion to parents and Clark County School Administration is to take the time to go to Wolff and experience the heartfelt professionalism that has the best interest of the children at heart and lives at Wolff Elementary.

Posted February 7, 2007

my students started at wolff this week and so far I have been impressed with Jennifer in the front office. Very helpful and easy to deal with. Both of my kid's teachers seem really sweet and my kids have enjoyed their first week. I do have a complaint though about the craziness of dismissal. I will not be surprised if someone gets hit by a car.I have never seen anything like this! there is no order. Kids are running everywhere, even between cars, parents are honking for other cars to move, there are two car lines, kind of, people parked in fire zones, double parked, going in all directions in the parking lot, not enough staff to help. a map was given at registration but is not followed. They need to work on a more organized dismissal to keep our kids safe.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

168 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students89%

Full price90%
Proficient in English85%
Not migrant84%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students85%

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 19%N/A54%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) 8 consecutive years (2010)
  • AYP (2009)

• Access to sports fields

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Deborah Harbin
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number