Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I've only seen pleasant children at this school. I've witnessed plenty of manners and lovely personalities. If there is bullying, I'd be surprised.

Amount of homework: Agree

We are only in first grade, but there is plenty of homework. Parents need to be proactive. Some of the homework is on us to create and finish. The homework sheets come home and we pick and choose which parts to complete, but it's not very hard. i can't imagine anyone not completing this level of homework.

I was a little weary about this school at first. I felt that the atmosphere was a bit strict for my daughter. However, as time goes by, I can see that my child is behaving better on a daily basis and i can only thank the teacher for this. Academically, my daughter is moving much faster than she did in her previous school, which was in New York City. I don't spend too much time at the school, but I have no real complaints. My child is learning in leaps and bounds and seems pretty happy. I love that there is a student council and there are organized events for charity. I've not spoken to the Principal, but she seems to be doing a great job. The office staff is very friendly and helpful, a big change from what I've been used to. We walk to school, but I can see the parking situation is horrible for parents who drive. Can't really complain. The school is great.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Gifted and Talented program focuses on leadership. There is also a student council.

This school is fantastic. Clearly one of the best in the valley. My daughter excelled there. They have very caring and thorough teachers and an excellent gifted and talented program as well. In the fourth grade, the kids even fly up to Carson City to learn about Nevada for the day. My oldest daughter still talks about that trip a couple years later. Yes, the parking is definitely inconvenient in the afternoons. However, I feel if you are one of the people on this website who is not giving this school 5 stars due to the lack of parking or for that matter even includes parking in your decision matrix for choosing a school for your child's education, then please go live somewhere else.

All of the teacher's we've had have gone above and beyond to adapt to our children's educational needs and making school fun & engaging! Our kids came from private preschool, so we were concerned that they would be bored here. The GATE program is great! Yeah, parking sucks, but get over it.

Since the change in administration a few years ago, the entire atmosphere at the school has become more positive, welcoming, and challenging for the students. Teachers seem much happier, and the turnover rate has gone down to almost nothing. Parents are made to feel welcome and the administration works with them for the betterment of the school as a whole.

Develops character: Strongly agree

When it comes to honesty, fairness and integrity, this school has been #1 in my opinion. I spend a lot of time in the school helping the teachers (plural is correct) and I find this the very best school for my children.

We have been in other Nevada schools; however, this school is by far the very best. The teachers are caring and considerate of parents and their primary goal is exactly what it should be: EDUCATION and ADVANCED EDUCATION. I checked into the Charter/Magnet school and looked at their reviews and ratings, even talked to parents having children in those schools, and none of those schools compare to what my children can get from Elise L. Wolff. The GATE program alone far exceeds anything you can possibly have your child experience at any Charter/Magnet school. I even had a child enrolled in Challenger School, and Elise L. Wolff is by far more challenging for my educationally advanced child. My children LOVE this school. People mostly complain about the parking situation, but I have never found a single problem finding parking in the past 2 years at this school, going on 3 this year. Parents just need to open their eyes and be more creative when finding a parking space. They are looking directly ahead and not around the school. To tell you the truth, to have my children at this school, as I do, I would walk miles to get here and avoid the parking problem they claim to exist. I live a quarter mile from the school and can walk here any time. Maybe it's just that people fear walking? When I was a child, I had to walk more than 7 miles to school, no bus, no car, just foot power. Get out of the car and try it. It's healthy for you, for sure.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are fantastic and actually care for your children. In fact and as a great example, Mrs. Maloney gives individual attention to each child and doesn't let them get lost in the shuffle of testing alone. She goes above and beyond as a teacher and even makes sure those that really excel do not get left out and makes sure they have something extra to do which is both educational and fun. It's all about learning and enjoying what you learn, and this and most all of the teachers at this school are right on point when it comes to doing what our children come for: EDUCATION.

Last modified Elise L. Wolff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.