Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Since the change in administration a few years ago, the entire atmosphere at the school has become more positive, welcoming, and challenging for the students. Teachers seem much happier, and the turnover rate has gone down to almost nothing. Parents are made to feel welcome and the administration works with them for the betterment of the school as a whole.

Develops character: Strongly agree

When it comes to honesty, fairness and integrity, this school has been #1 in my opinion. I spend a lot of time in the school helping the teachers (plural is correct) and I find this the very best school for my children.

We have been in other Nevada schools; however, this school is by far the very best. The teachers are caring and considerate of parents and their primary goal is exactly what it should be: EDUCATION and ADVANCED EDUCATION. I checked into the Charter/Magnet school and looked at their reviews and ratings, even talked to parents having children in those schools, and none of those schools compare to what my children can get from Elise L. Wolff. The GATE program alone far exceeds anything you can possibly have your child experience at any Charter/Magnet school. I even had a child enrolled in Challenger School, and Elise L. Wolff is by far more challenging for my educationally advanced child. My children LOVE this school. People mostly complain about the parking situation, but I have never found a single problem finding parking in the past 2 years at this school, going on 3 this year. Parents just need to open their eyes and be more creative when finding a parking space. They are looking directly ahead and not around the school. To tell you the truth, to have my children at this school, as I do, I would walk miles to get here and avoid the parking problem they claim to exist. I live a quarter mile from the school and can walk here any time. Maybe it's just that people fear walking? When I was a child, I had to walk more than 7 miles to school, no bus, no car, just foot power. Get out of the car and try it. It's healthy for you, for sure.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are fantastic and actually care for your children. In fact and as a great example, Mrs. Maloney gives individual attention to each child and doesn't let them get lost in the shuffle of testing alone. She goes above and beyond as a teacher and even makes sure those that really excel do not get left out and makes sure they have something extra to do which is both educational and fun. It's all about learning and enjoying what you learn, and this and most all of the teachers at this school are right on point when it comes to doing what our children come for: EDUCATION.

My two daughters have attended Elise L. Wolff for the second year now (2nd and 4th grades) and the teachers and staff are awesome. I give a lot of my own time in the school helping out teaches whenever possible and therefore I have direct knowledge of what goes on in this school, so I speak from personal knowledge. They also have an excellent GATE program for those students excelling beyond their expectations. My 4th grader is in the GATE program and it's super awesome. Parents really need to get more involved in the school's day-to-day activities to understand how awesome this school really is, and they should feel privileged to have their children attend this great school.

My son came to Wolff in 5th grade from Europe and I was thrilled with the attention he received from his teachers. They immediately recognized his strengths and weaknesses, and were absolutely wonderful to him as he was very nervous going to an American school for the first time especially as he has a slight accent. Ms. Olson, Javers, Bernick and Christenson...thank you! Parking lot is indeed a nightmare but I dropped mine off and picked him up across the street so had no problems. I would not recognize the principal if I ran her over in a car but to be honest I never needed to speak to her so did not matter to me. Very strong PTA. Great school.

I heard that Wolff will have a new principal for 2014-2015 school year!!!Have been looking forward to Principal Harbin finally being replaced by a quality, caring principal.

We recently moved into the school from another state. PROS: School seems to be a good educational avenue, as far as NV schools go. The teachers are real helpful so far. CONS: The pick up afterschool is the WORST I have seen in many schools we have dealt with. Only about 50 parking spots and about 100 or more cars, they give you a 2 minute retrieval time, where you have to go into the gates to claim your child and then get out. If you miss this window, as there is not enough parking, then the kids get sent inside to office. There is a lane to try and pick up, but with all the cars parked in the way, it makes for a nasty snarl of cars moving, parked and parents/kids trying to get to vehicles. Then everyone tries to leave at once, even worse! Cars on streets getting police tickets, kids running all over(who are walkers) makes for mass chaos!! I am surprised no child has been harmed yet (not that I know of) Someone needs to address this schools way of getting kids in and out before disaster happens!!

The involvement of all teachers and other staff, including the school principal is excellent. Although many complain about the parking at this school, it's only because many do not take advantage of the available parking areas, or because they are not aware of them. I have had no problems with parking and getting out of the school at all. The teachers, including the PE teachers are excellent and really get involved in the students academic progress. Although I would like to see more parents involved, there are many who do get involved in all activities and do a great job. My daughter is in the GATE program which is an excellent program offered by this school. She loves it and will continue for the 2014-2015 school year. Looking forward to 2014-2015 school year with excitement and continued involvement.

Parking lot is a zoo. Teachers are okay. Classrooms are overcrowded. Principal is extremely concerned about school rating. I would still prefer my daughter in this school than some other surrounding schools.I hope there is a zero tolerance for bullying. I have not heard anything from my child, but if there are issues I hope the school is addressing them with proper consequences.

Last modified Elise L. Wolff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.