Bob Miller Middle School 4

Posted February 27, 2014
Bob Miller is a great school. I ve been here 6-8th. The teachers are amazing here. Basically all of the teachers are nice. They re really easy to get along with and not very strict, which is a definite plus for the students. I actually get along with my teachers so well that I still visit my 6-7th grade teachers before/after school and I m also the babysitter for one as well. We take lots of field trips to various places. Some of which include Catilina Island, El Segundo Sol (spanish class), Mon Ami Gabi (french class), Bodies Exhibit at Luxor, Disneyland, and even Europe (7th & 8th) plus more! And for the 2014-15 school year, 7th grades can take French1 (which is high school credit) to get even further ahead. I find it really easy to get along with people here and get friends, especially for guys. Yes, there are the cliques, but those can be found at any school. Throughout my 3 years here, i have heard of/witnessed three, maybe four fights. Bullying is not a huge problem at all and we even have various ways to report bullies if there are any. Athletics are for sure above average here for numerous sports. Overall, Bob Miller is an amazing school for you, or you re child to attend.

Bob Miller Middle School 2

Posted February 25, 2014
My son is finishing 8th grade this year at Bob Miller. Overall, we have been happy with the school until recently. We finally had a teacher issue and had to speak to the administration about the issue. The administration did their best to blame my son and not address the real issue with this teacher. We are highly disappointed with the outcome and are happy the year is almost over. This teacher has lied to cover up her actions and no one seems to listen to the truth

Bob Miller Middle School 3

Posted January 12, 2014
I understand it is a public school, don't misunderstand what my problem is. You can do everything in your power to provide the support and guidance to you child through the struggles, that is our job as a parent, Is it fair to say that a teachers job is to teach our children not to encourage unproductive behavior. Moving was not the issue it was the treatment after she did everything to prove herself.

Bob Miller Middle School 4

Posted January 11, 2014
Please do not forget, Bob Miller is a public school. You cannot expect much from public schools, however wherever you go, smart kids perform great anyway. This school is doing much better than private schools around this area. It is not better than the private the other side of the town. You pay nothing and get better education than private schools. Is that wonderful? You shouldn't change your child's school often unless your child is in critical situation. Your child needs to solve problems by herself. You have to educate your child how to keep on truck herself. Even your child can learn something from hopeless teachers. If you are lucky, you meet excellent teachers. It happens in any school. Bob Miller does a great job as a public school.

Bob Miller Middle School 2

Posted June 09, 2013
I will also say that Bob Miller is supposed to be the best in the district and that's not saying much because Nevada is pretty low on the totem pole in ratings nationwide but they do try. However if you want a curriculum that is challenging and not over crowded you won't find those things here. The Principal turn over rating is ridiculous and some of the stringent dress codes are also ridiculous. We're leaving Nevada for good because I want my kids to have a better education than Nevada has to offer. I mean this is a district that does not ever take the children on field trips and rarely has assemblies. The only really great thing is that Clark County has a budget for transporting your kids to school where most districts nationwide do not. I remember the 2011/2012 school year they were experimenting with a 9:00am school start and I thought it was fabulous and the school didn't like it so they decided to do away with it and start at 7:25am for the 2012/2013 school year and I just thought it was crazy. 8:00 would have been more feasible.

Posted June 03, 2013
This school is undeserving of even one star. The discipline system is awful: I almost got expelled for something that could've been fixed by counseling due to my poor social skills, but instead was treated as a campus disturbance that was solely my fault, even though other students participated and they went unpunished. They reported me after feeling uncomfortable that I, the resident scapegoat and last on the popularity list, was participating, so they reported me. It just goes to show how the supposed "victims" get all the power. I suspect the administrators are biased when it comes to making punishments. Teachers bully kids and don't treat everyone fairly as they should. Despite the motto of "Be Kind, Be Miller," bullying abounds. Just take a walk through the halls in the shoes of a "creepy!" person, as kids have taunted at me all year. Unfortunately, at Miller, academic talent and intricate personalities don't hold merit, sitting me by myself at lunch, feeling like the spat-out, stepped-on, disregarded wads of gum on the courtyard. (Do folks even care about cleanliness over there?) Its environment is hostile and clique-y. Stay away. Thank goodness I'm being transferred. -LB

Posted November 28, 2012
MY SON IS CONSTANTLY BEING BULLIED AND HIT AT THIS SCHOOL AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT! THEY WANT HIM TO GO TO CLASSES TO "COPE WITH BEING BULLIED" IN OTHER WORDS ACCEPT BEING BULLIED! HOW ABOUT THEY MAKE THE BULLY'S ATTEND CLASSES ON HOW TO TREAT OTHER HUMAN BEINGS WITH RESPECT AND KINDNESS!!

Bob Miller Middle School 5

Posted September 26, 2012
I love this school. My son is from a Spanish background and has never been interested in learning Spanish. For the firs time in his life he is actually speaking to us in Spanish. This touches my heart because he seems to want to know about our heritage and LOVES to speak Spanish. I went to the Europe meeting last night to thank Mr. Ekker because he has put a spark in our son and has made him love school. We are sending him to Europe. This trip is the most amazing thing that Miller has to offer. WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL.

Bob Miller Middle School 5

Posted September 02, 2012
After reading some of these reviews I really wanted to set the record straight and give Bob Miller a two thumbs up!!! Bob Miller has exceptional teachers and well and an amazing curriculum. I have had two students graduate from Bob Miller with straight A's all three years and they entered high school above and beyond most students from other schools. This was mainly visible in Spanish. My students had Mr. Ekker and they were at least 2-3 months ahead of the sophomores, juniors, and seniors in their classes. He was so personable, professional, and engaging my children wanted to strive their best each day. Not only did he do great things in the classroom he took the kids to Segundo Sol to learn culture from a great chef and also took them to Europe. I can't believe the dedication and time this teacher gives to his students on a daily basis. The rest of their teachers were great also. Mr. Stedman was amazing and the Geography department was too.

Posted August 27, 2012
Moved from Tennessee to Vegas in 8th grade and attended BMM and it was the worst year. The kids were snooty brats who just ask mommy and daddy for more money and the teachers had favorites and the rest of the students were just... there. Was a straight A student in all classes until moving there. The teachers don't teach, and all the students were texting during class so learning became harder. Grades dropped to B's, and an F even though I would be up all night re-teaching myself everything. Definitely NOT recommended unless you have the money to pay off the teachers to give good grades -_-

Bob Miller Middle School
2400 Cozy Hills Circle, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified Bob Miller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bob Miller Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top