Neil C Twitchell Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted September 10, 2014

Great School and love all the teachers my kids have had so far. I volunteer as a Watch Dog and get a good look behind the scenes. The principle is excellent and treats all the kids with respect but also has fun while being firm when needed. Office staff is always helpful.

Posted February 13, 2014

This is my kids' first year at Twitchell. I wanted to wait until I had experienced at least half of the year to write a review. I have a son in Kindergarden, and another in second grade. I will do whatever it takes to keep them here as it is by FAR the most amazing school I could hope for and I'm very hard to please when it comes to my kids. I kept pulling my kids out of schools, moving, and homeschooling before Twitchell. Now I can rest. I love the director, I love the teachers, and I love the other moms who volunteer because their love runs deep for their students and families!

Posted June 10, 2013

We have been very pleased with Twitchell in the 3 years that our child has attended. Instruction has been fantastic but the 2nd grade teacher does not provide parents with tools to ensure that homework is being done. The teacher said that she chooses not to use the parentlink web portal, chooses not to do homework packets and instead relies on the children to be organized. This is a crucial time where children are really developing their time management and organizational skills. I feel like this teacher did not live up to our expectations from Twitchell. We had three parent/teacher conferences to try and work through the issue with the teacher. If there was another month left in the school, we would have brought the principal into the conversation. I remember getting a survey about the teacher last year but I didn't get one this year. I can't see what the future holds for third grade, still excited about the wonderful staff at Twitchell.

Posted May 29, 2013

My family and I absolutely LOVE this school. It has been the best year so far in the 12 years I have dealt with schools. Mrs. Brimhall went above & beyond always with my child, she deserves an award! Even though Leticia in the front office was the ONLY one ever friendly to us every time we had questions we still had an overall great experience here. Thank you!

Posted October 28, 2011

I have unsuccessfully toured dozens of schools, looking for another Twitchell. Nothing compares to the quality of the staff here. Count your blessings if you can be a part of such a caring and inclusive school! Our bus driver was marvelous, our teacher a gem, and the assistants were top notch. Shout out to Miss K and MissE ( : Our family moved but we'll never forget this little school.

Posted July 29, 2011

Coming from a private school. We are very pleased with the quatily of learning techniques and the educators. I am very proud to be a Twitchell parent.

Posted November 28, 2010

Best ever school my son could go to. My son thoroughly enjoyed the school and was unable to come to terms when I asked him to move. The best ever public school

Posted April 13, 2010

Outstanding school! Art, Music, and P.E. teachers are absolutely amazing! They get every child involved in a fun way! My son's classroom teacher is also wonderful! Administration gets an A+ from me! My son is challenged and we love this school!

Posted April 8, 2010

Absolutely amazing principal and some downright amazing teachers that have made learning a delight for my daughter. I can only imagine what work the principal has to accomplish, yet she has made us feel as though we are the only family she has to work with. Parents are highly involved here. The art teacher gets an A+, and, well... I could go on and on. It is obvious that this school is run professionally yet, it feels like home.

Posted January 26, 2010

The best school ever, such good teachers and excellent job.

Posted April 1, 2009

You get a private school education at a public school. The administrators and teachers are outstanding. I couldn't be happier at twitchell.

Posted January 4, 2008

I attended 16 years of school sent my children to school and sent my grandchildren to Neil Twitchell. In all those years I have never been involved in a more organized, high scholastic, teacher caring school. I am only saddened that we had to move away. I believe my children were extremely blessed to have been a small part of this marvelous school.

Posted May 28, 2007

We have lost 70% of our Teachers this year! Three of them were Teacher of the Year and they left because of the Administration. We need new people here!

Posted May 23, 2007

I moved from Phoenix, and was worried about the level of education here in Clak County, but Twitchell has been a pleasent suprise. My daughter looks forward to school each day and I feel that the school and the other parents all have a vested interest in each child.

Posted March 15, 2006

This school is fantastic. Mrs. Smith is an outstanding principal and the teachers here are all caring, concerned, and compassionate. My children look forward to school every single day.Thank you to everyone at Twitchell!!!

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

154 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

164 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students86%

Students without disabilities87%
Proficient in English87%
Not migrant85%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students95%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 21%N/A54%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2060 Desert Shadow Trail