Henderson, NV

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2015
I have found there is no organization at this school at all what-so-ever. We have been here 2 years and both years there was lack of communication between parent and teacher. Last year the teacher let my son ride the school bus home, when he's not even signed up for the bus program. This lead to me getting a phone call from Henderson police at work asking where I was. The police officer brought him back to school, but for over an hour he was walking around lost, not really sure where he was. This year, he was making paper airplanes with his homework in safekey and I wasn't aware until I contacted his teacher asking how he was doing. She told me that that's the reason her kids don't go to Safekey. She gave my son a citation for washing his hands in the bathroom and wiping them on his shirt. She's left him numerous times at the computer work station (they wear headphones) and he's missed recess. Just a few weeks ago I was able to purchase a house and I am very glad and relived that my son will not be attending Twitchell next year. I did not have a good experience at all.

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2015
I'd have to agree with the previous post, as my kids were also bullied at Twitchell. I'm not sure what the consequences were, but obviously they weren't enough to make the bullying stop. My kids say the ones who were bullies at Twitchell continue to be bullies at Bob Miller because they have always gotten away with it.

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School 2

Posted November 03, 2014
Please do not send your children to school here. It may look good on paper, but there is a widespread bullying problem that the teachers and administration refuse to acknowledge. My child goes to school in fear everyday because many students are allowed to bully him and have no consequences. When children report these issues, the principal tells them that is it just "drama" and even the counselor tells the students that they need to solve their own problems. Save your child the heartache.

Posted September 10, 2014
Great School and love all the teachers my kids have had so far. I volunteer as a Watch Dog and get a good look behind the scenes. The principle is excellent and treats all the kids with respect but also has fun while being firm when needed. Office staff is always helpful.

Posted February 13, 2014
This is my kids' first year at Twitchell. I wanted to wait until I had experienced at least half of the year to write a review. I have a son in Kindergarden, and another in second grade. I will do whatever it takes to keep them here as it is by FAR the most amazing school I could hope for and I'm very hard to please when it comes to my kids. I kept pulling my kids out of schools, moving, and homeschooling before Twitchell. Now I can rest. I love the director, I love the teachers, and I love the other moms who volunteer because their love runs deep for their students and families!

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2013
We have been very pleased with Twitchell in the 3 years that our child has attended. Instruction has been fantastic but the 2nd grade teacher does not provide parents with tools to ensure that homework is being done. The teacher said that she chooses not to use the parentlink web portal, chooses not to do homework packets and instead relies on the children to be organized. This is a crucial time where children are really developing their time management and organizational skills. I feel like this teacher did not live up to our expectations from Twitchell. We had three parent/teacher conferences to try and work through the issue with the teacher. If there was another month left in the school, we would have brought the principal into the conversation. I remember getting a survey about the teacher last year but I didn't get one this year. I can't see what the future holds for third grade, still excited about the wonderful staff at Twitchell.

Posted May 29, 2013
My family and I absolutely LOVE this school. It has been the best year so far in the 12 years I have dealt with schools. Mrs. Brimhall went above & beyond always with my child, she deserves an award! Even though Leticia in the front office was the ONLY one ever friendly to us every time we had questions we still had an overall great experience here. Thank you!

Posted October 28, 2011
I have unsuccessfully toured dozens of schools, looking for another Twitchell. Nothing compares to the quality of the staff here. Count your blessings if you can be a part of such a caring and inclusive school! Our bus driver was marvelous, our teacher a gem, and the assistants were top notch. Shout out to Miss K and MissE ( : Our family moved but we'll never forget this little school.

Posted July 29, 2011
Coming from a private school. We are very pleased with the quatily of learning techniques and the educators. I am very proud to be a Twitchell parent.

Posted November 28, 2010
Best ever school my son could go to. My son thoroughly enjoyed the school and was unable to come to terms when I asked him to move. The best ever public school

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School
2060 Desert Shadow Trail, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified Neil C Twitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Neil C Twitchell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top