Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I used to think the high standards and expectations were a negative thing. I thought about it and now I feel different. I think the structure is teaching responsibility and preps the kids for junior high. Teachers are attentive and supportive and communication has been excellent. We've been here four years and I am thankful for the teachers and staff. They've been great to us.

I can't speak for the regular classes but I can tell you that the special Ed class my son is in is amazing! Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Pucci are great ! My son runs up and hugs Mrs. Stone every time he sees her and he isn't very outgoing around other people. I'm shocked to read all the other reviews but have not experienced that.

Horrible school. We unfortunately wasted 3 years at this school. Bullying on a daily basis and nothing done about it. They are only concerned about image at this school. Complete waste of time here. My son is in Bob Miller now and says you can spot the Twitchell kids a mile away. They are rude, cocky and arrogant. So happy we went back to our old school for our younger son.

Horrible administration! I will start by saying that I have been a parent, pta member, and volunteer at this school for five years. We had no problems with the school when Susan Smith was the principal. When Ms. Wooldridge took over, everything went downhill. Half the teachers left after her first year and more have left each year since. Unfortunately, the teachers she is replacing them with are not as kind and caring. The school is now run like a military school. No, your child may not have more than 10 minutes of recess before lunch (it used to be 15-20). No, your child may have their birthday recognized (student birthdays used to be included in the morning announcements). No, your child may not wear pink/red on Valentine's Day, or green on St. Patrick's Day for that matter. All the fun is gone from the school. The principal is so concerned with keeping up appearances and test scores that she does not allow the student to just be kids. My own kids used to love this school, but the last few years there has been a noticeable change. SO glad we have moved schools!

I have found there is no organization at this school at all what-so-ever. We have been here 2 years and both years there was lack of communication between parent and teacher. Last year the teacher let my son ride the school bus home, when he's not even signed up for the bus program. This lead to me getting a phone call from Henderson police at work asking where I was. The police officer brought him back to school, but for over an hour he was walking around lost, not really sure where he was. This year, he was making paper airplanes with his homework in safekey and I wasn't aware until I contacted his teacher asking how he was doing. She told me that that's the reason her kids don't go to Safekey. She gave my son a citation for washing his hands in the bathroom and wiping them on his shirt. She's left him numerous times at the computer work station (they wear headphones) and he's missed recess. Just a few weeks ago I was able to purchase a house and I am very glad and relived that my son will not be attending Twitchell next year. I did not have a good experience at all.

I'd have to agree with the previous post, as my kids were also bullied at Twitchell. I'm not sure what the consequences were, but obviously they weren't enough to make the bullying stop. My kids say the ones who were bullies at Twitchell continue to be bullies at Bob Miller because they have always gotten away with it.

Please do not send your children to school here. It may look good on paper, but there is a widespread bullying problem that the teachers and administration refuse to acknowledge. My child goes to school in fear everyday because many students are allowed to bully him and have no consequences. When children report these issues, the principal tells them that is it just "drama" and even the counselor tells the students that they need to solve their own problems. Save your child the heartache.

Great School and love all the teachers my kids have had so far. I volunteer as a Watch Dog and get a good look behind the scenes. The principle is excellent and treats all the kids with respect but also has fun while being firm when needed. Office staff is always helpful.

This is my kids' first year at Twitchell. I wanted to wait until I had experienced at least half of the year to write a review. I have a son in Kindergarden, and another in second grade. I will do whatever it takes to keep them here as it is by FAR the most amazing school I could hope for and I'm very hard to please when it comes to my kids. I kept pulling my kids out of schools, moving, and homeschooling before Twitchell. Now I can rest. I love the director, I love the teachers, and I love the other moms who volunteer because their love runs deep for their students and families!

We have been very pleased with Twitchell in the 3 years that our child has attended. Instruction has been fantastic but the 2nd grade teacher does not provide parents with tools to ensure that homework is being done. The teacher said that she chooses not to use the parentlink web portal, chooses not to do homework packets and instead relies on the children to be organized. This is a crucial time where children are really developing their time management and organizational skills. I feel like this teacher did not live up to our expectations from Twitchell. We had three parent/teacher conferences to try and work through the issue with the teacher. If there was another month left in the school, we would have brought the principal into the conversation. I remember getting a survey about the teacher last year but I didn't get one this year. I can't see what the future holds for third grade, still excited about the wonderful staff at Twitchell.

Last modified Neil C Twitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.