Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)

Posted May 20, 2016
I can't speak for the regular classes but I can tell you that the special Ed class my son is in is amazing! Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Pucci are great ! My son runs up and hugs Mrs. Stone every time he sees her and he isn't very outgoing around other people. I'm shocked to read all the other reviews but have not experienced that.

Posted January 30, 2016
Horrible school. We unfortunately wasted 3 years at this school. Bullying on a daily basis and nothing done about it. They are only concerned about image at this school. Complete waste of time here. My son is in Bob Miller now and says you can spot the Twitchell kids a mile away. They are rude, cocky and arrogant. So happy we went back to our old school for our younger son.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 01, 2015
Bullying is a major issue at this school and there is NO consistency in how students are disciplined.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted September 26, 2015
No, this school develops ANXIETY in its students. So much pressure on them, and if students show distress, the counselor recommends the parents pay for private counseling.

Posted September 26, 2015
Horrible administration! I will start by saying that I have been a parent, pta member, and volunteer at this school for five years. We had no problems with the school when Susan Smith was the principal. When Ms. Wooldridge took over, everything went downhill. Half the teachers left after her first year and more have left each year since. Unfortunately, the teachers she is replacing them with are not as kind and caring. The school is now run like a military school. No, your child may not have more than 10 minutes of recess before lunch (it used to be 15-20). No, your child may have their birthday recognized (student birthdays used to be included in the morning announcements). No, your child may not wear pink/red on Valentine's Day, or green on St. Patrick's Day for that matter. All the fun is gone from the school. The principal is so concerned with keeping up appearances and test scores that she does not allow the student to just be kids. My own kids used to love this school, but the last few years there has been a noticeable change. SO glad we have moved schools!

Posted May 06, 2015
I have found there is no organization at this school at all what-so-ever. We have been here 2 years and both years there was lack of communication between parent and teacher. Last year the teacher let my son ride the school bus home, when he's not even signed up for the bus program. This lead to me getting a phone call from Henderson police at work asking where I was. The police officer brought him back to school, but for over an hour he was walking around lost, not really sure where he was. This year, he was making paper airplanes with his homework in safekey and I wasn't aware until I contacted his teacher asking how he was doing. She told me that that's the reason her kids don't go to Safekey. She gave my son a citation for washing his hands in the bathroom and wiping them on his shirt. She's left him numerous times at the computer work station (they wear headphones) and he's missed recess. Just a few weeks ago I was able to purchase a house and I am very glad and relived that my son will not be attending Twitchell next year. I did not have a good experience at all.

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2015
I'd have to agree with the previous post, as my kids were also bullied at Twitchell. I'm not sure what the consequences were, but obviously they weren't enough to make the bullying stop. My kids say the ones who were bullies at Twitchell continue to be bullies at Bob Miller because they have always gotten away with it.

Neil C Twitchell Elementary School 2

Posted November 03, 2014
Please do not send your children to school here. It may look good on paper, but there is a widespread bullying problem that the teachers and administration refuse to acknowledge. My child goes to school in fear everyday because many students are allowed to bully him and have no consequences. When children report these issues, the principal tells them that is it just "drama" and even the counselor tells the students that they need to solve their own problems. Save your child the heartache.

Posted September 10, 2014
Great School and love all the teachers my kids have had so far. I volunteer as a Watch Dog and get a good look behind the scenes. The principle is excellent and treats all the kids with respect but also has fun while being firm when needed. Office staff is always helpful.

Posted February 13, 2014
This is my kids' first year at Twitchell. I wanted to wait until I had experienced at least half of the year to write a review. I have a son in Kindergarden, and another in second grade. I will do whatever it takes to keep them here as it is by FAR the most amazing school I could hope for and I'm very hard to please when it comes to my kids. I kept pulling my kids out of schools, moving, and homeschooling before Twitchell. Now I can rest. I love the director, I love the teachers, and I love the other moms who volunteer because their love runs deep for their students and families!

2060 Desert Shadow Trail, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified Neil C Twitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.