PK-8 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 06, 2015
Foothills Montessori School isn't just any ordinary school, it has become an extension of our family. My daughter is currently in her second year (Pre K). I was positive that I wouldn't be putting my child in public school, but was concerned about her going five days a week at such a young age. We opted for a half day schedule to start, and it fit our needs perfectly. My 3 year old daughter was coming home talking about continents, vertebrates vs. invertebrates, and had mastered the days of the week and months of the year. I could immediately see so much growth in my child. She gained independence and began taking responsibility for her actions. I would catch her cleaning up after herself without being prompted, and acting more mature socially. Other non FMS kids her age weren't doing these things, and she was only spending 3 hours a day there! This year is right on course, and I have seen even more development. My 4 year old is sounding out words and beginning to read! Ms. Maryam is by far the kindest most nurturing teacher that I have ever met. The children love her, and the parents love her even more! Your child will love getting up everyday to go to school. The tuition is a small price to pay, because this school is worth its weight in gold!

Posted October 19, 2015
Foothills Montessori has exceeded my expectations in very way for four years and counting. Before I chose FMS for my daughter, I toured the school three times, not believing what I was seeing. The teachers are consistently professional, concerned, and kind. The learners are attentive and busy. . . with smiles and enthusiasm. FMS is a happy place that encourages learning. This level of excellence has been present in all of my experiences-- for four years straight! The value for the tuition is extraordinary, and my daughter is not only performing academically far ahead of her, non-FMS peers, but also has grown socially and emotionally into a self-sufficient, confident child. FMS teaches compassion, critical thinking, independence and kindness, not just in theory, but in practice. I truly believe that there is no better place to find a well rounded education.

Foothills Montessori School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 19, 2015
Ms. Melissa, Ms. Nancy, Ms. Jessie, Ms. Kim, Ms. Robyn, Ms. Brianna, Ms. Maria, Ms. Julie, Ms. Diana, Ms. Rebecca, and Ms. Maria are outstanding! In the office, Ms. Katie, Ms. Lora, Ms. Kim and Ms. Karen are the best!

Posted July 24, 2015
The one on one attention the teachers show the kids, they stop and listen and help.

Posted April 15, 2015
This is a great school! As a former teacher of ten years, I researched and visited many schools in the Henderson/Las Vegas area before choosing Foothills Montessori for my boys. This school is nothing short of amazing. The campus itself is clean and secure, yet still warm and inviting. The teachers and staff are highly trained, love teaching and most have been working here since the school opened. The administration is friendly and inviting, organized and very on top of everything going on in their school. If you aren't familiar with Montessori methods, do your research and then take a tour and observe. I went back twice to make sure we were making the right choice for our boys and am so glad we enrolled them. They are challenged in their studies, have wonderful classes and classmates and love going to school. As a bonus, the after school programs have made my life so much easier! Karate, soccer, art, theater, piano... it all comes to the school and I just have to pick them up an hour later. Love this place!!

Posted June 07, 2012
After moving to Henderson we chose FMS for our children because of the Spanish Immersion program and then quickly fell in love with what Montessori has to offer. While Montessori might not be for everyone and seems to be misunderstood by many, if you are looking for an amazing opportunity for your child, then FMS is a great option. They do an incredible job of providing strong academics in a safe and nurturing environment allowing students to develop a love for learning. The teachers go above and beyond to help each child reach their fullest potential in all aspects of development (academic, social and emotional). They don't just teach, they develop leaders. Both of our daughters (very different in personality) thrived while we were there. In the last year we were relocated for work and have not been able to find a program that can compare.

Posted May 14, 2012
This is my 3rd year at this school, my son is moving to 1st grade this year and I couldn't be happier. The first year I was a little concerned on the method, every time i picked him up from school, he was just walking around the classroom, that was making me crazy!!!! I used to ask the teachers and they would say: "thats a way of learning, watching the older kids do their work", I patiently waited, now my son just turned 6 and he knows sooooo much it's amazing, reading, writing, adding, substracting, solar system, dinosaurs, human body parts, world maps, etc, in english and spanish!!! I'm veryhappy with this school!!!

Posted July 01, 2011
My wife and I just moved from Las Vegas back to Central NY. Our two children attended FMS this year after spending one year at Del Webb. The two schools are not even in the same ball park. Our money was well spent at FMS - great people, great education, great environment. One of the posts below upsets me...I have two completely different children - one who works well in groups and one who is "unique". Parents need to be real with themselves and stop making excuses - some kids are different. They way my son was dealt with in English was not ideal but acceptable. Life moves on. Great place, great people. The closest thing to NYS schools...miss you all! - Sam

Foothills Montessori School 2

Posted May 26, 2011
If your child is not up to par academically, is "not quiet" and voices their opinion. Forget it; this school is not for you. Quiet children who who follow instructions, who are your "standard" child, are always welcomed. Teachers do not want anyone who will be "difficult" to handle in their classrooms. If they are, they will be placed in a corner on time out, rather than dealing with the child the way a teacher should. You child will be an outcast at this school. That is what happened to my child, and I decided to remove my child from this so called private school. A lot of "clicks among parents as well" and not a very friendly environment unless you already know groups of parents. Not a very welcoming school at all!

Posted October 05, 2010
This is the best school! Our students are taught to grow as individuals, as a community and as students. They are taught every day to think outside the box, explore, imagine, study, interpret, disect, reason, evaluate and LEARN! LOVE IT!

Foothills Montessori School