PK-8 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
We can't say enough wonderful things about foothills Montessori. Th small class sizes are wonderful. Their staff is adequately trained and really love and care about the well being and progression of the students.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 21, 2016
FMS was our first Montessori school and at the time we didn't understand why their head of school did not come from an education background. Since moving a few times and enrolling our daughters at two other schools where the heads of school do come from an education background, we now have such a greater appreciation for all that Karen does at FMS to make sure that not only the philosophy of Montessori is being executed, but that the business side of the school is also performing at a high level. Karen has a difficult job of balancing parents' wishes while maintaining the integrity of the schools mission and she does it beautifully.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 21, 2016
Our children have now attended 3 Montessori schools and 2 traditional schools due to multiple moves across the country. FMS had the most balanced homework system. It was enough for the parents to be aware of what the children were working on and for the children to feel a sense of responsibility, but it wasn't so much that the children couldn't be children.

Posted April 21, 2016
Our daughters attended FMS for two years and we loved it. We saw such extraordinary growth in both of them in ways we had never expected. Our older daughter has Sensory Processing Disorder & Anxiety, while our younger daughter is high performing. The teachers and staff were able to meet the needs of each of our children; they often went above and beyond to ensure their success. We have now moved multiple times and our children have attended two Montessori schools since our time at FMS. To this day FMS offered the best school experience for our children and for us as a family. From the teachers to the administration I look back at our time there and wish that more schools operated at the level they do. As a family who has had to move a lot, I would like to point out that no other school we've attended has come close to being able to provide the sense of community that FMS has created. The staff and families are invested in seeing the school continue to develop and achieve success. They care about the well being of each of their students. For the children who do well in Montessori, you will see them thrive in every aspect. It goes well beyond academics. These children develop a love of learning, independence, a sense of responsibility and kindness through the mixed age environment that allows them the ability to mentor each other. These children also tend to maintain a level of innocence that is rare to find in children today ... especially at the Junior High level.

Foothills Montessori School 2

Posted March 04, 2016
We regret not leaving this school sooner now that we have discovered what a positive experience school can be. Foothills was not IT. If your child is average in every aspect he or she will fit it. It is ironic that this school calls itself a montessori school because the school does not embrace individuality or being "different". The parents form cliques. The teachers form cliques. Then guess what, the children learn that behavior without even trying. The director, who isn't even an educator by trade, makes very hands-on decisions concerning teaching and discipline. She also goes on personal vendettas, is rude and on a power trip. The emotional climate is not good in this school. That is so much more important to your child's development than a flashy campus. It's easy to be blinded by the nice spot and area of this school.

Posted February 20, 2016
We admire the dedication of the teachers which is very evident. The curriculum is taught with consideration of all learning styles. There is a lot of hands-on activities for kids to do while learning new concepts. Students are engaged, respected, and challenged to their potential. We love this school!

Posted November 06, 2015
Foothills Montessori School isn't just any ordinary school, it has become an extension of our family. My daughter is currently in her second year (Pre K). I was positive that I wouldn't be putting my child in public school, but was concerned about her going five days a week at such a young age. We opted for a half day schedule to start, and it fit our needs perfectly. My 3 year old daughter was coming home talking about continents, vertebrates vs. invertebrates, and had mastered the days of the week and months of the year. I could immediately see so much growth in my child. She gained independence and began taking responsibility for her actions. I would catch her cleaning up after herself without being prompted, and acting more mature socially. Other non FMS kids her age weren't doing these things, and she was only spending 3 hours a day there! This year is right on course, and I have seen even more development. My 4 year old is sounding out words and beginning to read! Ms. Maryam is by far the kindest most nurturing teacher that I have ever met. The children love her, and the parents love her even more! Your child will love getting up everyday to go to school. The tuition is a small price to pay, because this school is worth its weight in gold!

Posted October 19, 2015
Foothills Montessori has exceeded my expectations in very way for four years and counting. Before I chose FMS for my daughter, I toured the school three times, not believing what I was seeing. The teachers are consistently professional, concerned, and kind. The learners are attentive and busy. . . with smiles and enthusiasm. FMS is a happy place that encourages learning. This level of excellence has been present in all of my experiences-- for four years straight! The value for the tuition is extraordinary, and my daughter is not only performing academically far ahead of her, non-FMS peers, but also has grown socially and emotionally into a self-sufficient, confident child. FMS teaches compassion, critical thinking, independence and kindness, not just in theory, but in practice. I truly believe that there is no better place to find a well rounded education.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 19, 2015
Ms. Melissa, Ms. Nancy, Ms. Jessie, Ms. Kim, Ms. Robyn, Ms. Brianna, Ms. Maria, Ms. Julie, Ms. Diana, Ms. Rebecca, and Ms. Maria are outstanding! In the office, Ms. Katie, Ms. Lora, Ms. Kim and Ms. Karen are the best!

Posted July 24, 2015
The one on one attention the teachers show the kids, they stop and listen and help.

1401 Amador Lane, Henderson, NV  89012