Posted June 07, 2012
After moving to Henderson we chose FMS for our children because of the Spanish Immersion program and then quickly fell in love with what Montessori has to offer. While Montessori might not be for everyone and seems to be misunderstood by many, if you are looking for an amazing opportunity for your child, then FMS is a great option. They do an incredible job of providing strong academics in a safe and nurturing environment allowing students to develop a love for learning. The teachers go above and beyond to help each child reach their fullest potential in all aspects of development (academic, social and emotional). They don't just teach, they develop leaders. Both of our daughters (very different in personality) thrived while we were there. In the last year we were relocated for work and have not been able to find a program that can compare.

Posted May 14, 2012
This is my 3rd year at this school, my son is moving to 1st grade this year and I couldn't be happier. The first year I was a little concerned on the method, every time i picked him up from school, he was just walking around the classroom, that was making me crazy!!!! I used to ask the teachers and they would say: "thats a way of learning, watching the older kids do their work", I patiently waited, now my son just turned 6 and he knows sooooo much it's amazing, reading, writing, adding, substracting, solar system, dinosaurs, human body parts, world maps, etc, in english and spanish!!! I'm veryhappy with this school!!!

Posted July 01, 2011
My wife and I just moved from Las Vegas back to Central NY. Our two children attended FMS this year after spending one year at Del Webb. The two schools are not even in the same ball park. Our money was well spent at FMS - great people, great education, great environment. One of the posts below upsets me...I have two completely different children - one who works well in groups and one who is "unique". Parents need to be real with themselves and stop making excuses - some kids are different. They way my son was dealt with in English was not ideal but acceptable. Life moves on. Great place, great people. The closest thing to NYS schools...miss you all! - Sam

Foothills Montessori School 2

Posted May 26, 2011
If your child is not up to par academically, is "not quiet" and voices their opinion. Forget it; this school is not for you. Quiet children who who follow instructions, who are your "standard" child, are always welcomed. Teachers do not want anyone who will be "difficult" to handle in their classrooms. If they are, they will be placed in a corner on time out, rather than dealing with the child the way a teacher should. You child will be an outcast at this school. That is what happened to my child, and I decided to remove my child from this so called private school. A lot of "clicks among parents as well" and not a very friendly environment unless you already know groups of parents. Not a very welcoming school at all!

Posted October 05, 2010
This is the best school! Our students are taught to grow as individuals, as a community and as students. They are taught every day to think outside the box, explore, imagine, study, interpret, disect, reason, evaluate and LEARN! LOVE IT!

Posted June 21, 2010
My 4yr loves going to school, the spanish immersion program is great!!! and the teachers are really nice. I'm really happy with the school, the Montessori Method is amazing!.

Posted August 24, 2009
Great!!! My 3yr old son loves this school, he can't wait for the next day, I absolutely love real Montessori method, be careful there are many Montessori schools that doesn't follow the real method.

Posted August 22, 2008
This will be my fourth year as a parent at Foothills Montessori School. I feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful environment for my children to grow. My children have a love of learning that I'm not sure they would have gotten without the guidance and support of their FMS teachers. They're extremely dedicated people, who constantly impress me with their new and creative methods to inspire my children to love learning. While I admit that their Upper Elementary and Middle School rograms have gone through some growing pains with recent expansions, I firmly believe that the education my children are receiving has brought my family a greater quality of life. Upper Elementary has been anything but traditional and I think any Middle School program that has the combined experience of almost 100 years is amazing. Teaching its students appreciation and accountability in today's busy world is WONDERFUL.

Foothills Montessori School 0

Posted July 05, 2008
Foothills has wonderful, experienced, trained Montessori primary teachers. The primary spanish immersion program is great. The elementary is good and upper elementary program is not montessori at all, mostly public traditional The upper program has had a lot of changes,,......for the worse. I would stick with the primary and elementary and for and upper school I would look for something else. The office staff is helpful but the administration is a piece of work. PS at the time the previous person posted about the science playground......... it wasnt even built yet! so we know where that review came from!

Foothills Montessori School 0

Posted January 18, 2008
I have seen this school evolve and grow over the past 7 years. I feel incredibly grateful to all the staff members that have been a part of my child's education and development. FMS is truly a close knit community and fosters partnerships with the parents in the education of their child. I encourage parents to visit FMS before applying as the Montessori classroom is amazing and impressive to see first hand. Students are given lessons that would far exceed their ability level in a traditional school becuase the Montessori materials provide visual aid for advanced concepts. This school has truly been a blessing to my child who is academically advanced and working several grade levels ahead. The multi-age groupings allow children to move at thier own pace, reduce competition, and develop cooperation and conflict reloution skills that are life skills. FMS is an inspiring, creative, and magical place for children!

Foothills Montessori School