Henderson, NV

Posted October 07, 2013
I really enjoy this school. My 9 year old has been here since kindergarten and he has enjoyed every year. Next year, our youngest son will start kindergarten and we are sure he will have the same enjoyable experience.

Posted September 11, 2013
Love this school! The front office staff and faculty are wonderful! I thank my lucky stars that my daughter has such a fantastic school! Even the lunch lady is wonderful. Thank you Glen Taylor staff!

Posted September 10, 2013
Taylor school has the best front desk team, especially Kay, she was very efficient at the beginning of school with all the craziness with the office being crowded and everyone needing help, Kay took charge with a smile on her face all the time...very professional

Glen C. Taylor Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2012
Kay in the front office is the most miserable woman on the earth. Why she is seated in the VERY FRONT of the office is beyond me. She NEVER greets you, never speaks to you, you have to say HI to her first before she will even look up, and even then she still doesn't say hi, she waits for you to tell her what you need. Ridiculous!! If she's so miserable she needs to quit. Other than that I am happy with this school. This is our first year in this state, town, school and other than KAY, Glen Taylor is a good school.

Glen C. Taylor Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2012
I have mixed reviews about Glen Taylor. PTA communication is 1/10 with 1 being the lowest. The office staff is very moody and not very personable. Sometimes they are pleasant other times they are just DMV cranky. The school nurse seemed inattentive when I was telling her about my daughter's health concern. I walked in and was not greeted or noticed for a while even though I stood right in front of there desk. Homework isn't graded in Kindergarten. The only time you find out if your child needs help or improvement is through progress reports where the teacher says isn't accurate. Teacher to parent communication is 3/10. Sometimes we are informed of what to expect in advance for the following month, many times we don't. I've ended up calling several other parents trying to figure out what's going on just to learn they are doing the same. Kindergarten is mostly about performance not much on what is known & learned. My daughter actually asked for EXTRA work because she was bored. What is great about the school are the kids. The kids are great. Most parents are active in their child's learning within the classroom and out. My daughter is in first grade now, we will see how that goes.

Posted April 23, 2012
Amazing! I have a child with ADHD and his teacher Mrs. Curtis is the best thing that could have happened to him! She is amazing and a wealth of knowledge and caring. The principal and Vice Principal are great and the kids are excited and happy at the school! Couldn't ask for more!

Posted October 21, 2010
I have had nothing but pleasant experiences in the years my son has attended so far (K-3). The only complaint I have is every single time I walk into the front office, I never get greeted or even acknowledged until at least 3 minutes have passes and you feel like they have to go out of their way to help you. Not very pleasant at all!

Glen C. Taylor Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2010
The teachers are pretty good but the principal is terrible. She doesn't accept calls from parents, occasionally she'll have the vice principal take care of parent concerns if you keep calling. She doesn't seem to like kids.

Glen C. Taylor Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2009

Glen C. Taylor Elementary School 0

Posted October 24, 2009
I think this school has the most committed teachers. Parents are also very involved at Glen Taylor. Unfortunately, with the new principal, things have changed for the worse. She never smiles and has changed alot of things for the worse. Sure miss the last two principals who genuinely seemed happy to be there. The staff in the front office seem unhappy and rude now too.

Glen C. Taylor Elementary School
2655 Siena Heights Dr, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified Glen C. Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen C. Taylor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top