9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, NV
Students enrolled: 2,153

Posted August 08, 2014
Liberty High School provides an opportunity for students to garner a great education. Great school!

Liberty High School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
I recently graduated from Liberty and am a college student at UNLV, I also spent all four years at Liberty. Some of the advanced placement classes I took were a joke. We mostly watched movies of books for English my first and second year and had no tests what so ever. Not just in English but in government I performed useless acts and learned nothing along the way. But, one teacher who did help me prepare for college is Mr. Depew. He may be tuff and a bit hard around the edges but his motivation was clearly to help us be prepared for college. Without him I would be struggling in my English course that I am now taking in college. And for the dress code, I find it a bit ironic that the school is called "liberty" but students cannot wear clothes in ccsd dress code and instead wear ssa. And there's a lot of favoritism when it comes to the staff and students. If you are a good friend with one of the deans or even the principle they will not care if you are out of dress code. I've seen it many times before and can I say that it was frustrating to watch. All in all liberty only has a few good qualities, you just have to pick the right teachers.

Posted October 08, 2013
Liberty HS offers many activities, sports and clubs. Also college credit courses for those who qualify. Special Ed Dept stays active with their student and are easily contacted when needed. Communication is good.

Posted August 09, 2013
I am a student at liberty high school and i have never been more satisfied with my educational endeavors i am apart of the advanced placement program preparing me for college and the outside world is what liberty does best with amazing teachers willing to help you day and night extra curricular activities to satisfy our time and an amazing administration if you have something negative to say about this school you must not have taken it up on its best offers i am proud to be a liberty patriot as a student and patriot athlete

Posted July 28, 2013
Good Kids. Good electives. And the teachers are pretty good. Some people might say the kids and the teachers are rude, but that is their personal issues. Has a uniform, though its completely worth it....

Posted February 10, 2013
Great school. Love their athletic department and teachers. My boys found a real family of friends at Liberty, grades improved, and they love school.

Liberty High School 1

Posted January 04, 2012
My family relocated to the Henderson area in December 2010. My son began attending Liberty in January of 2011. I have never seen such lack of professionalism, communication, and blatant rudeness from staff. Whatever you do, do not send you kid to this school. They do not address race issues when they are brought to their attention and the teachers lie to cover their backs. If you call to speak to the dean or the principal about issues, they refuse to talk to you or never return you call. This school is a complete joke. Believe me, save yourself the headache.

Posted March 22, 2011
We chose Liberty for my daughter's high school when considering buying our home. Factors which made our decision: 1) Excellent performing arts programs. Ms. Sharon Chadwick is phenomenal in this field, and encourages her students to excel in all aspects of their education and lives. 2) Classical studies program. If you want the best college prepatory opportunities in the state of Nevada, the AP and Honor classes will help students into even Ivy League schools. 3) Dress code-not a bad idea. It promotes a more focused culture and is a student safety tool. Overall-this is turning into a very positive, nuturing, and worthwhile educational facility for my daughter! Kudos to the staff, administration, and others in dealing with a shrinking budget in their educational opportunities for our students! The only issue is the overall need for more parental involvement and support in school activites.

Liberty High School 2

Posted April 06, 2010
do not like the school what so ever. the uniforms are a pain because its very hard to find a good solid red white or blue shirt. the admin is horrible with no structure and the students have no motivation when there is no funding and only 60% are passing proficencys i left the school and sent my daughter over to coranodo after the first year good desision

Liberty High School 2

Posted March 23, 2010
Electives are very limited; no computer classes, no CAD classes. Administration is the worst I have encountered. I overheard the principal berating employees more than once.

Liberty High School
2700 Liberty Heights Ave, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top