Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School 2

Posted February 03, 2014
My child is a 7th grader at this school. She has not had a very good experience. I feel that they allow bullying to happen and it is not addressed properly. I will be looking at switching my child at the end of the school year.

Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School 4

Posted December 22, 2013
I am a seventh grader at this school and it is been a very good experience so far. Although I do have a few concerns. Some staff are rude and don't care for the students. My math teacher made a student teach the class all by her self while she was on her phone and computer. Some students do not follow the dress code and don't get in trouble; what's with that. By that I mean short dresses sagging pants and see through shirts with only a bra under. Please fix these minor problems for our school to become brighter and full of learning.

Posted November 19, 2013
I am a former student of MMS. I had a great experience there. The Deans were helpful and easy to talk to. The teachers challenged you and made your brain work. Parents seem to say in the reviews that the teachers aren't good, maybe their child wasn't focused? I always challenged and put to the test, ALWAYS. The BEST part of MMS, is the Music Department. I believe they had been told to have the best in CCSD! The band last year (8th grade year) took home EVERY PRIZE at Cali Festival! I was in Orchestra, Mr. Riley made the class eccentric! He made my cello playing from a grade to a passion! The Choir is phenomenal as well.

Posted April 06, 2013
I do not think you are going to find a better school in Nevada. The teachers are easily approachable as is the administration. They offer great opportunities for the kids and it really feels like a safe and careing environment.

Posted November 17, 2012
Some parents maybe concerned becasue of the size of this school. ( 1800 kids) but there is no need. The leadership team is well organized and involved. The campus is open; parents are welcome and incouraged to visit. The special education dept is caring and focused on making each child reach their fullest potentional. The teachers are not only highly educated but want to teach. The kids are well behaved and respectful. Rules are clear and followed at this school. Great school with a great staff and parents that care.

Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School 2

Posted May 04, 2011
Not a huge fan of this school. I find that the office is lackadaisical. The teachers seem to take a lot of days off. We also have found a problem with parent link be updated on a regular basis. If they are going to commit to uploading grades and giving parents away to support progress-then they should be updating daily. Office staff is staunch with parents and students. I wish we could afford private school. The design of this school is horrendous. Every time I take my child to school-I feel like one of these kids will be hit in that crosswalk on Paradise Hills. There is no crossing guard and you have parents that are in a hurry racing to drop their kids off = not a good scenario. I would also encourage that teachers NOT give their opinions on politics in school. Teachers should deliver education as unbiased as possible.

Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School 3

Posted January 18, 2011
The school is okay. There are many good things about it. Some of the teachers are really excellent, the kind who restore your faith in the public school system. But there are also teachers who should not be in the teaching profession, and who seem to be there only because they have been teaching for so long, I'm guessing they are impossible to dislodge - a representation for what is wrong with the public school system. My children have experienced both, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you see it).

Posted June 27, 2010
I hardly believe a word of this. 1. Teachers do not give away grades for a signature. 2. How is it a teacher's fault if your child is goofing off in the classroom? 3. Show me one school that doesn't have office aides. 4. You should be glad we screen adults before letting them near your children. Imagine the alternative! And finally, there is no chance your child was in a computer lab unsupervised. They are locked at all times unless a teacher is in there. These allegations are false, and most likely the rantings of a parent of an expelled student.

Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School 1

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted September 07, 2009

Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School
155 East Paradise Hills Dr, Henderson, NV  89002
Last modified Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top