Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers at this school only care about a pay check and not about the students.

This school is terrible if I didn't have to send my kids here I wouldn't. The staff only look out for themselves and they do not have good intentions for the kids the dean and assistant dean are rude to the kids and to the parents. I think they all need to be fired and replaced with quality teachers and staff who have the training to deal with our teen aged kids! This school sucks

Amount of homework: no rating

I don't know how much homework is assigned. Therein lies the problem. See my full review.

The teachers and staff here simply do. not. care. whether your child passes or fails How this school is ranks a 10 is beyond me. For a long time I railed against the accusation that Nevada had the worst schools in the country. I was born and raised here. The schooling wasn't THAT bad when I attended. Now that I see it with my own eyes, the realization of its truth makes me sick to my stomach. Students are given an "Agenda" to write their classwork in but the faculty make no effort to ensure it is actually written in. When the child gets home, there may be nothing in their agenda. How can a parent ensure homework gets done when they don't know what it is? Infinite campus you say? It would be nice if the teachers actually used it. One of the benefits of infinite campus is that teachers can enter the assignments online, and parents can look and see what assignments are due and when. None of the teachers my child has had has entered any assignments into infinite campus when they were due with the sole exception of the orchestra teacher!! One teacher claims to use an outside text message based service which they might decide to update maybe one a month, at most. Instead the teachers enter the assignments online when the assignment is graded, which is sometimes WEEKS later and well outside their late work "policy". So not only do the parents not know what work is due, when they do discover an assignment hasn't been turned in, it is far too late to do anything about it. I've talked to the teachers about this (as early as open house), I've talked to the dean, and I've replied to the counselors letter about my child's failing grades due to missing assignments detailing the one single, simple thing needed to help my child succeed: to know what the assigned work is. All of this has gone without reply. I understand it is my child's responsibility to write in his agenda. But a parent can't follow the child around school all day to make sure they do what they are supposed to do. The teachers don't care (a comment I see echoed frequently about this school on Great Schools). They don't do their job of entering assignments when they are assigned using the tools provided to them. Congratulations Mannion, you are the reason my child is repeating the 6th grade.

I am a former student of Mannion MS and I received straight A's for 7th and 8th grade. This school has only a handful of teachers that teach/care about you. The rest will belittle you and won't care whether you recieve an A or an F. The Deans were probably the worst part of this school though. I always knew almost everyone my grade but there was still always the issue of bullying. When I would finally confront the administration about it, they would either promise to talk to the student/students (which would never happen) or make up something about how it is my fault. In short I am very happy I am in highschool and don't have to deal with the faculty of Mannion MS and urge you to attend a different school if situation permits.

My child is a 7th grader at this school. She has not had a very good experience. I feel that they allow bullying to happen and it is not addressed properly. I will be looking at switching my child at the end of the school year.

I am a seventh grader at this school and it is been a very good experience so far. Although I do have a few concerns. Some staff are rude and don't care for the students. My math teacher made a student teach the class all by her self while she was on her phone and computer. Some students do not follow the dress code and don't get in trouble; what's with that. By that I mean short dresses sagging pants and see through shirts with only a bra under. Please fix these minor problems for our school to become brighter and full of learning.

I am a former student of MMS. I had a great experience there. The Deans were helpful and easy to talk to. The teachers challenged you and made your brain work. Parents seem to say in the reviews that the teachers aren't good, maybe their child wasn't focused? I always challenged and put to the test, ALWAYS. The BEST part of MMS, is the Music Department. I believe they had been told to have the best in CCSD! The band last year (8th grade year) took home EVERY PRIZE at Cali Festival! I was in Orchestra, Mr. Riley made the class eccentric! He made my cello playing from a grade to a passion! The Choir is phenomenal as well.

I do not think you are going to find a better school in Nevada. The teachers are easily approachable as is the administration. They offer great opportunities for the kids and it really feels like a safe and careing environment.

Some parents maybe concerned becasue of the size of this school. ( 1800 kids) but there is no need. The leadership team is well organized and involved. The campus is open; parents are welcome and incouraged to visit. The special education dept is caring and focused on making each child reach their fullest potentional. The teachers are not only highly educated but want to teach. The kids are well behaved and respectful. Rules are clear and followed at this school. Great school with a great staff and parents that care.

Last modified Jack & Terry Mannion Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.