Public charter
Henderson, NV

Posted June 08, 2015
This school has a U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights complaint with 6 charges against the school for discrimination and retaliation. This school doesn't care about the health and safety of its students they will not abide by state or federal laws. Do not send you children to this school. Great concept but the Principal and Administrator should not be in charge of children!

Posted April 15, 2015
This school seems great. Remember nothing is free! The price to attend this school, and have them pay for your college classes, is their "tough love" policy which will only have you and your student questioning your sanity! Over the two years my child attended there were CONSTANT papers missing on their end, guessing games, and total lack of organization and clear roles of staff members. They love to shuffle responsibility to avoid answering what should be a simple question. Got so bad we started printing every response to collect a paper trail of anything we needed. Tough love does not mean giving a person the run around, losing important documents on a regular basis, failing to upload changed information in their system MULTIPLE times only to have you feel like an idiot. They need an overhaul and a clear/followed structure. Say what you mean - mean what you say!!!!!!

Posted April 06, 2015
Nevada State High School is an opportunity. Nevada is the second lowest state in the whole nation on the regards of education. The public schools here have lowered their educational standards to allow all students graduate. The quality of education within Nevada has dwindled to a point of true inferiority. Nevada State High School is an opportunity to escape this failed educational system. Nevada State High School allows for a student to reach out of the boundaries of public education and achieve the greatest form of learning possible. Students are tested for their capabilities and understanding of all areas of education and are placed in classes accordingly within college. I guarantee that all bad reviews of this school delve from irresponsibility. Not all students are prepared for this boundary change and increase in responsibility. It is important to remember that if you attend this school there will be difficulties. I personally make a promise to any future students, that as long as you put effort and work into your associations with this school, you will achieve great things.
3 people found this helpful

Posted December 22, 2014
I graduated this year (2014) with Nevada State High School. Honestly speaking, it was tough, but so is college in general. I know that if I had ever attempted college before Nevada State High School, I would not have succeeded. The staff was helpful and kind as long as you followed directions, just like the staff in any other high school. They taught me how to apply for colleges, plan out my classes, sign up for financial aid, ect. I learned how to be responsible and I have left with more self-confidence than I have ever possessed before this program. If you have the will to learn and determination to succeed, this is the perfect school for you. If you want to just get through high school and figure things out when you get there, it isn't. I started out antisocial and afraid of the world in general, and Nevada State High School helped me find my determination and confidence. Plus, the two years of free college are nothing to snuff at, either. Thank you guys so much!
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 01, 2014
This school is run by sheer arrogance, which in and of itself is not a reason to stay away, I guess. Charter schools are nothing more than a public school, getting its money from the exact same place as public schools. This school is "winging it," so to speak, and creating an atmosphere of false pretenses that students are somehow getting a better education. The students are getting the exact same education as in public schools, except they can attend some college classes while in high school. I am not divulging all of the ugliness, arrogance, bullying, and problems with this school to their fullest. BEWARE!

Posted May 08, 2014
They don't even deserve that single star. The school's motto is "A lack of preparation on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part." But don't worry, if they lose any of your paperwork, information, test scores, etc. it's all your fault and they will make sure they make your life awful because of their mistakes. They also do not welcome parents. My mom was given many, many rude answers when she asked simple questions (not regarding my school work, just general school questions). The staff doesn't give you any information and expects you to read their minds when it comes to deadlines. They have a record of never firing staff, but keep in mind they have many harassment complaints against them from former employees. Save yourself the effort and find another school. If you really want the college environment, you can suck up the attitudes but it does get annoying when they continuously blame you for their mistakes. Also to address the tutoring situation, they "do" offer tutoring. The math tutor told me he couldn't help me with calculus. When I went to the other tutor, we spent 2 hours and still didn't finish one problem. Don't rely on their tutoring.

Posted November 01, 2013
If you are looking to have your college paid tuition paid for, then come here. If you are looking for a social life or a sense of belonging to something, stay at your home school. The people that work here are rude, they do not care about students. As a student at this school it seems as though the staff is simply just checking boxes. A genuine interest in students lives is non-existent. If you are willing to suck it up because they pay for your schooling more power to you. The percentage of happy students here is slim to none.

Posted May 22, 2013
I am so glad that I made the decision to attend NSHS, I graduated this week and I only have two years of school left till I earn my Bachelors degree. The staff at this school is amazing, they are so nice, and every one always knew my name (I actually felt bad on quite a few occasions because I didn't know everyone's name and they always knew mine). The principal's are very passionate about what they do, and try really hard to know each student on a personal level. I had a great time these last two years and I have met some of my best friends at Nevada State. One of my favourite thing's about NSHS is that they not only do they help transition you into a college student but they also get you ready for real life, and teach skills you will need in life that most schools do not (i.e. filing taxes, about credit cards, financial aid and student loans, banking, interview skills, and resume building). I really can't think of anything bad to say. However, I believe that any student that has trouble academically at a traditional high school, would also struggle at Nevada State, I think that this school is best for students who are motivated students.
4 people found this helpful

Nevada State High School 2

Posted May 15, 2013
My daughter has yet to be counted in attendance, although everyone seems nice I am concerned about the reviews I have read. Mainly, the staff not being helpful to the student and not being direct with parents. As I was told there would be toutoring as an option along with the help and support of staff......Is this not true??

Posted February 10, 2013
This school, while being a great opportunity for high schoolers, is not a welcoming school. The staff, while greatly knowledgeable, can be rude, blunt, and unprofessional. The school says that they offer help, but whenever asked questions, students are often disregarded and told to look on their website. Don't be fooled by their friendly faces during your initial consultation. Save yourself and your family the stress and the time needed to put up with this program. I'd recommend looking into CSN High school as an alternative, downsides being that you will be more limited in classes there rather than at Nevada State. But at least look into it. I would say that this school definitely lacks in care and compassion for it's students.

Nevada State High School
233 North Stephanie Street, Henderson, NV  89074
Last modified Nevada State High School is a Charter school that serves grades 11-12
Nevada State High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top