K-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Dj's Community Christian Academy 5

Posted April 08, 2016
My daughter has been attending DJ's Community Christian Academy since the third grade. She went a public school out in Boulder City, NV. where I thought she was doing well in school until I put her in DJ's. She was so behind that I was shocked to see just how far she had fallen behind just by being in public school. I know that my daughter is in great hand and that she is learning more that she could be in any other school. I have recommended this school to others that I know as well as the preschool. The teachers and other staff love my daughter as if she were their own. Not only is the education that she is getting above public school level she has also learned respect and how she should treat others. Every time we go some where we always get compliments about how well behaved my daughter is. She shows respect to her elders. I see all the negative reviews but I also know that there are two sides to every story so don't always listen to the negative take the time to check the schools out and talk to the staff. I wouldn't never think twice about putting any child in these school and hope that this reviews help others make the right choice as to where they should send their child.

Posted March 29, 2016
It is unfortunate that I have to give this school even a single star. This school uses an outdated curriculum that only works for a small population of students. While there are some excellent teachers, they're experience and research is made ineffective by a micromanaging administration. Students are expected to sit silently and memorize information. Morning assemblies resemble role-call at a concentration camp. Squirming kids--including kindergarteners-- are pulled out of line and reprimanded in front of everyone. Any creativity is stomped out of the classroom. If you are interested in teaching here... Well, it is something you can put on your resume, but Debbie gets offended when you leave and is not guaranteed to give you a positive reference. You cannot count on getting a full legal break daily, and you are required to work several volunteer hours a week. Teachers are given an insultingly low hourly wage with no sick days or vacation pay. Their work ethic is called into question if they take a single sick-day (without pay), and they are expected to go without pay or on unemployment whenever school is not in session (Christmas, spring, and summer breaks). Good teachers have left DJ's and switched professions because they were so belittled and harassed they started to believe they were bad teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 29, 2016
The teachers are great, but their effectiveness is undermined by the administration who does not allow teachers to use research-based practices.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 29, 2016
To the classroom teachers who are doing your best despite this school: thank you for working so hard and trying to help the kids learn.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 29, 2016
This school is run with manipulation and the admin does not demonstrate respect towards students or teachers.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 29, 2016
It is expected that students will earn nearly straight A's, and if that is not happening, teachers must find ways to make it happen... Whether the students are willing to give extra effort or not.

Posted March 25, 2016
Do not pay for this school it is not worth it. Deb needs to stick with daycare and find an educated professional that is qualified to lead the Academy or close it down. She and her daughter should not be teaching or running a school. Deb changes report cards, bullies any teacher who actually knows how to teach and relies completely on one curriculum because she knows nothing about the field of education. She told me she does not care what books say about teaching and she feels she knows better. That attitude will not benefit any child. The public and charter schools in the area provide a better education with more qualified professionals. An online business degree does not prepare anyone to start up and run a school. I tried hard as a teacher there to provide a solid education but Deb does things her way not the right way to benefit a child's education. A principal should never change report cards, yell at and belittle teachers in front of students or allow guns in the school all which happened while I worked there. Her daughter Kelly, just gives students independent study work and has been video taped unknowingly by her middle school students sitting at her desk all day every day playing on her computer never once even teaching anything. Students were using devices to pull up innapropriate things on the internet and Kelly had no clue. Deb however considers Kelly to be a wonderful teacher. These are the real reasons the enrollment is so low not because it is an exclusive private school. I highly recommend you find a better place and do not waste your money on this school. I also advise teachers not to waste your time applying at this school. I was embarrassed to be associated with them by the time I quit. You will be expected to work for a low wage, put in many hours unpaid and get treated in a very negative and unprofessional way. Teachers do not stay long here and the turnover rate is high. I watched 6 teachers get fired or leave voluntarily in one school year.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted March 07, 2016
It's a great school when I was there and I still think it's a great school

Dj's Community Christian Academy 5

Posted March 07, 2016
I went to this school when I was younger and I learned cursive,Spanish and the list goes on but since I left that school I have lost my ability to write most cursive and now no little Spanish because all the schools I've been to no longer teach these things. I am now in middle school and I have heard bad things about this school but when I went there is was a great school

Posted September 18, 2015
We would have been better off sending our children to puppy daycare, cheaper than DJ's and they don't bark and yell like deb does. Worst wanna be school in Vegas! DJ's gives A's like Obama gives food stamps.yet parents love the school because their kid is straight A's...wake up people, they just want your monthly tuition,

95 South Arroyo Grande Boulevard, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified Dj's Community Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-7