Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 06, 2015
The teachers and support staff are amazing. They are patient but firm and consistent with all of the kids.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 06, 2015
There is only reading homework. The teachers teach in class for a full eight hours. When I inquired to the amount of homework my children would have I was told none. The response was we teach in the classroom.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2015
I feel the educators empower the kids to make their own choices. They praise and reward good behavior.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2015
Again being a Christian school and learning the ways of God and Jesus my kids are very well rounded little people.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 06, 2015
Being a Christian school children are learning about God, morals and values. They are learning at home and it is being reinforced and taught in school as well, something public schools lack.

Dj's Community Christian Academy 5

Posted August 06, 2015
Both of my children went to the daycare and are now attending the academy. My son can read at a second grade level and write in cursive and just completed kindergarten. I love the administration, teachers and all of the staff. This school is wonderful and they treat my children and I like family not a number or a paycheck!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
My son had an excellent experience at Djs. He learned some very traditional learning standards and currently tested as advanced for a public school. He reads 1st and 2nd grade books and can write in cursive. He knows the pledge of allegiance and who God is. Every school struggles financially whether it's private or public. It's important to not place blame on all of the teachers. We are in full control of our children's education. We have choices. Schools just teach the foundation, we as parents build the walls. Thanks to DJ's, they did a great job with my son. I highly recommend this school.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 13, 2015
My son is just entering 1st grade so I'm not sure what amount of homework he will be bring home this year.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 13, 2015
My son hates to give up easily when he doesn't succeed on his first try when doing anything. When a child is young I believe a parent/teacher relationship is crucial to helping a child succeed and excel in school. All children learn differetly. The teachers at Dj's give praise to the children when they reach milestones, and the children just want to continue on. They have a zest for learning. My son reads at an advanced level because of the great teachers, and because of his persistence at home. Ashlea Olson, proud parent

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 13, 2015
I feel respect starts in the home and then continues in the school. I picked Dj's because it is a very structured school with christian teachings. A public school is now void of those teachings and it seems that children that attend public schools have a harder time developing respect for one another, and for authority figures. Ashlea Olson, proud parent

95 South Arroyo Grande Boulevard, Henderson, NV  89012
Last modified Dj's Community Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-7
Dj's Community Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top