K-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

If you want an example of the quality "education" that your child would receive at this school, look no further than the numerous spelling and grammatical mistakes on their website. After my child was verbally abused by the staff, I removed them immediately. Unfortunately they are testing as a year behind now in public school. Why would I OVERpay for this place, when public school has a better curriculum.

I regret sending my child to this school last year. The education is sub-par and the administration takes part in bullying the students, parents, and teachers. All day, my child sat at their desk doing pages upon pages of seat work (which is their way of saying "busywork.") the curriculum was boring and involved a lot of lectures and little interaction from the students. My kid was pulled in front of the school and yelled at by the administration. When they left the school, they had barely learned anything (yet still were on honor roll?!? Either the grades are inflated or changed to please parents and make us think our kids are learning). Not only did my child learn almost nothing (especially failing to make progress in reading, even though they were in the "advanced" reading group), their self-esteem was diminished by the constant nit-picking by the administration. During the school year, I read several teacher reviews about the school, and I thought, "it couldn't actually be that bad." I was wrong. It was. Unfortunately, I don't see their reviews here any more, but they gave an accurate description of how bad the conditions are at this school.

My daughter has been attending DJ's Community Christian Academy since the third grade. She went a public school out in Boulder City, NV. where I thought she was doing well in school until I put her in DJ's. She was so behind that I was shocked to see just how far she had fallen behind just by being in public school. I know that my daughter is in great hand and that she is learning more that she could be in any other school. I have recommended this school to others that I know as well as the preschool. The teachers and other staff love my daughter as if she were their own. Not only is the education that she is getting above public school level she has also learned respect and how she should treat others. Every time we go some where we always get compliments about how well behaved my daughter is. She shows respect to her elders. I see all the negative reviews but I also know that there are two sides to every story so don't always listen to the negative take the time to check the schools out and talk to the staff. I wouldn't never think twice about putting any child in these school and hope that this reviews help others make the right choice as to where they should send their child.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great, but their effectiveness is undermined by the administration who does not allow teachers to use research-based practices.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It is expected that students will earn nearly straight A's, and if that is not happening, teachers must find ways to make it happen... Whether the students are willing to give extra effort or not.

Develops character: Agree

It's a great school when I was there and I still think it's a great school

I went to this school when I was younger and I learned cursive,Spanish and the list goes on but since I left that school I have lost my ability to write most cursive and now no little Spanish because all the schools I've been to no longer teach these things. I am now in middle school and I have heard bad things about this school but when I went there is was a great school

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Not even licensed by State of Nevada,all teachers are hired off the street,I don't even think they went thru background checks

I went to this school when I was younger pre-school till 2nd grade. When I was kindergarten I was reading at a 2nd grade level. I'm now 13. But when I went to this school the teachers and staff were great and every single one of us was treated like family. This school taught me so much and I thank the teachers there for teaching me about God and for the education I got when I was there.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers and support staff are amazing. They are patient but firm and consistent with all of the kids.

Last modified Dj's Community Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-7