Henderson, NV

Posted November 05, 2012
This school really suprised me how well they have reached my child. The teachers are using the" Love and Logic" aproach and it's really working for us. My child really likes going to school there which I think says all you really need to know about this school.

James E & A Rae Smalley Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2012
Mrs. Somone the Principle of this school has no clue of how to conduct a school. She doesn't listen to parents about thier kids. She has all the teachers in fear of there jobs at this school. She has broken school policies as to have teachers tooter kids after hours on school property for profit. She has teachers pass out candy to kids all the time, even when you tell the staff and her that your child can't have candy. I wouldn't recommend having your child go to this unless you want a Principle telling you what is best for your kid even when she has no clue. The Principle is not about working with parents just causing problems. She acts like a person who really doesn't care for her job just there for the paycheck. Very Sad when are school District has let so many people go that really want to be there.

Posted October 15, 2012
Smalley is a great educational community. The principle, teachers, and support staff are exceptional but as a parent with 2 children there, I also love that the other kids and their parents are exceptional as well. My 2 sons have made an amazing group of friends with class A families. This school is awesome, top notch education and top notch people all around. Proud to be the parent of Smalley Stallion students.

Posted October 02, 2012
This school has really been great and it starts with the "Tone at the Top", the principal sets the example and expectations for the teachers, parents and teachers. We pulled our child out of private school at $14K a year and worried about him being bored in 4th grade, he is really struggling with the expectations of his teacher and I love it!! Teaching him organizational skills and responsibility which every kid needs to exceed! Thanks Smalley.

James E & A Rae Smalley Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2012
My daughter attended kindergarten last year. The teacher was fabulous. She made it fun and educational. We miss being at Smalley Elementary School.

James E & A Rae Smalley Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2011
I find this school average. Although the teacher we have this year is amazing, the school overall just doesn't have that fun but educational feel. It feels incredibly business like when I am there. I would love to see a more positive vibe coming from the teachers. I don't believe our child is being challenged fully. I also would love to see more teachers out in the morning at the child drop off to greet the students and open doors, and to keep the flow of traffic MOVING. Parents like to sit there and wait until the bell rings or the door opens before they let their child out-then those parents should come later. We all have places to be after dropping off our kids. I don't like that the kids are rushed to eat and have to sit quietly at lunch. This is their break-and the times that they are not learning-should be somewhat fun. I know our child isn't have the best time here, but does enjoy the before school activity on MWF.

Posted August 25, 2009

Posted June 14, 2009
My child is leaving this school and moving on to middle school, and i am sooooo sad. The principal is amazing, she seems to know every student's name, greets everyone with a huge smile!!! the office staff and teachers are happy to be there and it shows!!! can't say enough wonderful things about this school & it's staff!!

Posted May 11, 2009
Wonderful school! Great kindergarten teachers.The parent involvment is outstanding.Office staff is so welcoming every single time I go in. Very safe and secure. Teachers, staff and parents show concern for all the children in every way.They challenge each child in my son's class individually and no one gets left behind.The projects, arts, crafts, events are abundent at this school.I can't say enough great things about Smalley.

Posted April 28, 2009

James E & A Rae Smalley Elementary School
304 East Paradise Hills Dr, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified James E & A Rae Smalley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James E & A Rae Smalley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top