PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Small class sizes, great teachers, beautiful building, great community. You cannot ask for much more. We have had kids at LTS for 8 years and love it.

Since it is the only private school in Incline Village you do get a wonderful sense of community but I was not impressed with the preschool curriculum or instruction. My child is happy and it is only preschool but play-based curriculum should have a bit more academic preparation in an expensive private school.

Both my grandsons Trey and Luc attend Lake Tahoe School and I am so impressed by the curriculum. I attend every school function I can. I have met all of my grandsons' teachers and they are engaging, enthusiastic and highly trained educators. I am confident that my grandsons will be extremely well prepared for their secondary education, thanks to Lake Tahoe School. Heidi Loeb Hegerich, Reno

Lake Tahoe School is amazing!!! We've been at LTS since Pre-K and are now in the 6th grade. I cannot speak highly enough of all aspects of the school. My daughter has benefited from incredible teachers and wonderful staff combined with a simultaneously safe, nurturing, stimulating and yet demanding environment. The school offers an amazing facility coupled with exciting enrichment programs, after school activities and outdoor trips. Finally - and as valuable all this is delivered in a location that is truly impossible to beat: Incline Village, NV. Lake Tahoe at its finest, where community really means what you expect it to mean. Go Bobcats!

I truly believe Lake Tahoe School is a great school, a gem within an amazing location. It is filled with talented and caring instructors, capable and efficient staff, and interesting and engaging families. LTS is constantly looking for ways to better serve its students, from adjustments to the curriculum, adding different layers of technology into the programs, or creating opportunities to build character. I love that students of every age get art, music, Spanish, and science with special enrichment teachers. There is also a very strong and accomplished sports program for such a small school. The students who graduate from LTS are more than ready to move on to any high school of their choosing.

We moved to Incline from the Bay Area to pursue a better quality of life for our kids. In doing that we enrolled our kids in the LTS school. We have had a few great years there and look forward to a few more. The environment is warm/welcoming, the teachers are hands on and have an open door policy. The Enrichment Programs are incredible! The parents are invited to school a lot to see some incredible musical, play, science fair, art work, classroom poetry reading...and you sit there and say "WOW" this is what my child is capable of doing beyond the classroom. Definitely brings the goose-bumps and happy tears to the body! Keep up the amazing work LTS staff and faculty!!

Lake Tahoe School is dedicated to education of the whole child. Your child experiences hands on learning in many enriching activities, Science, Visual and Studio Arts, Music, PE, Technology, along with strong academic tradition in the core subjects. The experienced faculty is dedicated to creating a strong community of learners.

We moved to Tahoe for this wonderful school. The teachers and facility are world class with a curriculum that includes everything from strong academics to Music and the arts to an extremely strong emphasis on character development. There's a stress on having a kind environment with sensitive teachers and kind students. I've seen shy children thrive and give public presentations and happily engage in a number of sports. I'm glad we chose this school and only wish it went k-12 vs k-8 but am confident my children will be more than prepared for whichever high school we choose.

Our daughter has been at Lake Tahoe School for the past two years. The school is truly amazing in every sense of the word. The faculty and administration are enthusiastic, professional and extremely talented in their respective fields. The faculty has created a safe and engaging learning environment for students at every grade level. It saddens me to read this negative review below. My daughter is friends with the outgoing energetic and fun "bully" mentioned in the review below. The situation was handled appropriately by the administration and teachers in our opinion. We are proud to be a part of the Lake Tahoe School community!

As a faculty member, I particularly appreciate our integrated character education program. Starting in Preschool and continuing through 8th grade, we teachers work hard together and with parents to help every child grow academically and in compassion. We do not tolerate bullying; we work closely with children and their parents to further understanding and communication. LTS is a great place to work!

Last modified Lake Tahoe School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8