9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Posted October 12, 2014
Hey, hello there, I can tell you that as a member of the SNVTC (The school changed it's name a few years ago, to what you know it as in 2014.)Class of 1995 alumni, this is a great school if you have a student who would like to receive career training and development, still receive the traditional math, science, english, and humanities experiences they would find in a traditional setting, along with vocational training in an area of their liking. I was a student in the TV Productions vocation, and I went on to work for the American Forces Network Europe during my time in the Army. My training at this school was what really helped me lock that unique position up, and nowadays, the school has more vocational programs available to students. It's definitely worth a look if your child wants to do something different. I know I look back on my education with great pride, and my experience at this particular school was truly defining and fantastic. Hope that helps and best of luck. Cheers!

Southeast Career Technical Academy 1

Posted May 21, 2013
I would love to see some newer reviews of this school....We might move to the area.

Posted March 26, 2008
Im as student at this school as a freshmen right now, and in my opinon is that it is a great school and a grat lerning enviorment, and the teachers realy get involved in talking to you and suporting you in all your classes and teach you techneques and at the end you end up succding in your profetion and with honors adn achived what it is that you wont by the time you are a seanor and graduation .

Posted May 09, 2007
The programs at Votech are above any that you'll find in the las vegas public school system. Even without a football team, they provide numerous activies for the students to participate in. They do have to study hard and maintain their grades. Most of the kids want to be there,,they have earned their way into the school, which I feel makes the entire school population more focused and involved then a traditional high school. I am very pleased with our first year at Votech.

Posted April 28, 2007
I am a student at this school right now and I absolutely love it! VoTech (aka SECTA) is a great place; there have been a lot of AP and Honors classes added over the last couple of years and the teachers are just wonderful. All of the staff members are very caring and are always willing to help their students. All of the students are very attentive and want to succeed and go to college; everyone works hard to keep their grades up. Although there are not a ton of extracurricular activities or three of the bigger sports programs, the school still offers a lot of ways for students to get involved. I hate it when people ask if our school is really a 'vocational school'...we are a regular high school that just so happens to be a magnet program with some really cool majors! It's definitely an awesome school!

Posted July 18, 2006
- a former student
As a 2004 graduated I can easilly say that this school is very fun and safe to attend, while some of it's teacher are.... lacking the others at the school are fantastic! Study hard, don't get into trouble, and you'll be just fine. The job market is very competitive, so there is no garrentee that you'll get a job straight out of high school, just study hard is the only advice this graduate can give My only compliant is lack of proper discipline, but thats normal in all public clark country schools

Posted March 14, 2006
- a former student
This school is one of the best here in Las Vegas. My daughter studied Graphic Communications here and loved it.

Posted June 06, 2005
Votech is a decent school, you just have to keep up on your work, and turn everything in and study alot. It is a fun school, the teachers and other staff are always willing to help you, Votech is the best choice I have made in a long time. Study alot to stay at Votech.

Posted December 08, 2004
I'm currently a freshmen at Vo-Tech and I love it here! The school makes me feel especially safe and I love the staff. It's a little disappointing we don't have a football team like everyone else but that doesn't mean we don't have as much school sprit as every other school if not more. There are a few clubs I wish we had *cough* Varsity Quiz *cough* This school feels like any other school but our students (my peers) are extremely intelligent. I've questioned many times why I came her, instead of going to my home school for straight A's but I believe I made the right choice.

Southeast Career Technical Academy 4

Posted August 22, 2004
- a former student
I was a student at VoTech for my whole high school career and I can say that it is very different from a normal high school. First the students that attend this school are more attentive to their school work considering that they must keep an C average to attend. The most disappointing aspect of the school is the school spirit and the sports programs...There is none! There is no football team and the basketball team was horrible. The school is not that big and by the end of my senior year I knew all the teachers and most students. The counselors are all very helpful. Thank you Mrs. Swartz for everything. I have gone back to visit and they still know me by name and care to see how I am doing. I have a lot of good memories there.

Southeast Career Technical Academy
5710 Mountain Vista, Las Vegas, NV  89120
Last modified Southeast Career Technical Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southeast Career Technical Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top