Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The school is safe and secured especially this time that new rules has been implemented since the new principal took over, the staff are approachable and helpful, and teachers are great!

As I have stated, We couldn't be happier. We have a student in Clark High, I see how Vegas Verde' is striving to be the start to preparing them for a top 10 Performing arts school. So I must say, We have a Great school, Always room to improve somewhere, not always gonna make everyone happy, But seems to always have someone somewhere who wants too. We will see what the change brings. Lets not loose the ratings.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

As for our daughter she is watching and listening to every teacher she has (Some she just watches) They are definitely effective that way. She asks us for a certain teacher next year because she has watched his style. As parents we believe the staff is a partner with us in raising our child, We do believe it is important for them to be effective. We had a Awesome teacher 2013-2014 Because of her strong teaching and corrective way educating, we were able to make it thru the first quarters this year. You have to teach with and in love (compassion and caring) to strict is not good....At the end of the year I believe we got the perfect fit to our daughter's class, She in the next few years when she isndone with her schooling is gonna be one of The BEST the district has to offer.

Amount of homework: no rating

We had a horrible few years so we have been working hard doing extra and asking for extra.

Develops character: Agree

Almost everyone I have come in to contact with is full of these qualities, So as they exercise and use them on the students The students, Hear and see. Children can sense and feel people better than adults. I will miss Ms. Arby, But I believe in the change and hope to get to know the new principal, It will be interesting to see what he brings. This school to me has very high stn=standards and a very organized Campus. I can only believe that CCSD is in to improving the school so it will just be even More awesome. So we will see.

This School has had so many staff changes that I have no idea how my child has done academically this year. They designated it a turnaround school so hopefully the next 2 years it will improve. It has improved since the principle was removed. The pre k program has an amazing teacher Mrs. Grode. She is inspiring, creative and knows how to keep the kids interest. The district needs to hire more teachers. My sons kindergarten class didn't get a permanent teacher until the end of January and went through 4 subs during that time. I really hope for the sake of the children, they get this school on track.

Verdes probably deserves a low rating but I anticipate things are going to get shaken up very soon. For instance, Vegas Verdes just got a new principal, someone who is older and a little wiser, plus this school just got put on priority to receive more funding. So I look forward to the new upcoming changes. My child is in 2nd grade and I really like her teacher, but true to form, the teachers actually DO spend their own money on class supplies. It's shameful that Vegas hasn't prioritized EDUCATION in the past but with a wing & a prayer hopefully Sandoval can get some legislation thru to change the old vegas ways. This might have been a retirement town in the good ole days; but it's a FAMILY TOWN now...and the sooner the legislatures start acting like it the better. I'm rooting for this school and our town.

Refused to release my child's records after I pulled him out of this horrible stressful school.So many incidents happened here that caused my child & I a lot of heartaches The principal prides her staff on being disrespectful and unhelpful. If u can avoid this school area please do I can't write the details for fear of repercussions.But I will say this ...If you want your child held against you for certain information sign your child up asap if you want the best for your child avoid this place

Last modified Vegas Verdes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.