K-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Quest Academy Preparatory Education
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 28, 2015
The bullying is a huge problem. The sad part is the parents are the ones saying mean things about other students to their child...then their child goes to school, tells the other students and they gang up on one kid.

Posted June 05, 2015
This was our first year attending Quest Academy. As the school year comes to an end I have nothing but love for the teachers at the Montecito Campus. The entire staff at this school have been very friendly, encouraging, and always helpful. Ms. Epstein has been a blessing in my child's life. She is caring, compassionate, and strives to help her students succeed in all things educational. I can not say enough great things about Ms. Epstein. She is A+++ in my book. . It is sad to see the school year come to end, but we look forward to relocating to a brand new Quest campus in the fall. I can only hope that all the teachers will be heading to the new campus as well. Thank You Quest for making this a positive year for my children and I.

Posted May 07, 2015
We've been in the Quest Charter for a couple years K and 1st. I would give the school a good rating. Our child is pretty low-maintenance, so we do not have a lot problematic interactions with admins. I haven't heard anything from others upset with handling of anything. Generally I feel a good effort is being made by all concerned. They've chosen a bigger location which is a plus all around for next year.. I believe any parent would find favor with 1st grade teacher Ms. Jeanne Epstein. She takes all daily cycles in stride and keeps the atmosphere positive and stress -less so learning can happen. Our daughter has been high honors for the first three quarters, so it's working. Mrs. Epstein communicates well and is flexible. She gets it.

Posted April 17, 2015
I have a kindergartener at the Monecito Campus and I have been mostly pleased with the school year. Our teacher is excellent and brings compassion and energy to the classroom. She differentiates in kindergarten, which many teachers do not. Her dedication to her students is unsurpassed. The school itself has a family feel and nice activities like a spelling bee, international night, and festivals. Every staff member knows my child and is friendly and engaging. Both principals are welcoming and have an open dialogue with parents. I think the curriculum for kindergarten is slow in reading and writing, but my teacher provides additional enrichment. Class sizes are too large for low grades, but the administration committed to a reduction for subsequent years. I was displeased with the last minute increase in class size and the decision to not hire aides for kindergarten. However, I am delighted that my kindergartener is in a full day program with specials. Her education is greatly enriched by library, art, and music. The librarian supplements their education with wonderfully enriching activities. The art teacher is passionate about teaching the arts and coordinates with the curriculum.

Posted January 10, 2015
My daughter is a kindergarten at the Alexander campus and she loves it there. The three teachers at this campus are excellent! The communication on when events are happening and what they needs for events can be worked on but my child is thriving in this environment.

Quest Academy Preparatory Education 1

Posted January 09, 2015
I've been going to Quest prep for two years now, I'm a sophomore. I've never been in a more chaotic and disorganized school in my life. Many of the staff talks down to students, they claim to have this "safe haven" because it's a small school. Nope, they treat us like cattle, all the same. I have little connection with most my teachers. I'd rather attend public school. I don't recommend Quest for children who have a hard time paying attention/need a connection with a teacher because they make little effort towards the students.
5 people found this helpful

Quest Academy Preparatory Education 3

Posted September 22, 2014
This is my child's first year at Quest (Montecito campus). The communication from the administration has been woefully lacking. We met the teacher (who was only hired a week previous) for 10 minutes at the Back to School night, never had a tour of the school, never met any of the administration, and received little information about the first day. The start date was pushed back two weeks at the last minute and extended into the middle of June. Each student received an ipad or laptop for school work. Yet my child, three weeks in, hasn't had a single homework assignment or class that used the technology. There seems to still be a lot of disorganization. I don't understand how they can't retain teachers. The class sizes are just as large as CCSD and honestly, I haven't seen a better education. I'm hoping that the year will get better. But from other reviews I've read, it seems parents have been hoping for this for some time. It would be great if Quest could get their act together and really be a benefit to the kids!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 13, 2014
I have two sons that attend Quest Academy. My older son started Quest Prep the 1st year the high school opened (12/13) and the 1st semester was very rough due to certain administrators - namely the principal. When Mrs. Roberson took over as the principal the 2nd semester, things changed for the better. I feel that she is professional & dedicated to making Quest Academy the best it can be. Both of my sons enjoy going to school here. I want my children to get a good education & have a safe environment to learn in. I feel that Quest provides that for them. The sports programs are just starting out, but it gives the students an opportunity to play and be a part of a team. I have not had any problems with any of my children's teachers - they have been open to communication. I personally feel the high turnover in regards to teachers was due to the prior administration. I think Quest Academy has a great amount of potential to be a really good school.

Quest Academy Preparatory Education 3

Posted September 09, 2014
So far it's going ok in Kinder at Alexander. Not sure the learning is ther just yet but the good teaching stafford just getting situated. Coming from Chalenger this has been different. Not as structured or strong in education so far. We have confidence and believe things will get figured out as time goes on. Any other parents have experience in this school and have opinions on the new school year? Are other grades offering challenging education for your children? Thanks. Concerned Parent after week one.five

Posted September 07, 2014
We have just started our third year at Quest. Surprisingly, there was a huge turn over with teaching staff and administration this year. We had expected to see quite a few if the same familiar faces in staff but that hasn't been the case. As a parent, I have been impressed with the professional demeanor of my kids' teachers but have some overall concerns regarding feeling like a stranger when I walk thru the doors of a school we have been attending for three years now. Hoping for a good school year and will stay in communication with the teachers as well as attempt to become acquainted with the new administration.

Quest Academy Preparatory Education
6610 Grand Montecito Parkway, Las Vegas, NV  89149
Last modified Quest Academy Preparatory Education is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quest Academy Preparatory Education Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top