PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Business Degree but not a degree in Education... Montessori training is online not actual Montessori training. All the materials are ready made and all you need to do is answer all the questions based on the training manuals that you buy ... no classroom experience with regards to Montessori... just copying from the manuals. Half-baked training ...

Montessori teachers have to be Montessori trained. Our Upper Elementary Class Has 2 Teachers. 1 teacher with Montessori Training and a Business Degree and another teacher with college degree. This teaching partnership qualifies us to be licensed by the Department of Education and be considered a Real Montessori School.

This is to answer the question of a parent if teaching in the upper elementary with no teaching degree is allowed by the Department of Education. If it's a private school, you can teach without license but with no degree, that is a good question. You better ask the Education department regarding this matter.

Both of my kids have been in this school for a few years now. It is a school not very big in size. But kids got enough attention from the teachers. Teachers are all kind and very caring. The student and teacher's ratio is very good. Both of my kids progress very well here. They develop in all areas. Math, reading, art, music, sports, dancing. We enjoy it here very well.

My son came here for 2 months while we were in the middle of a move and my husband was in Afghanistan. The school knew my son would not be here longer than a couple of months because I communicated that upfront. First they tried to ask me for a school supply fee (yearly) Long story short....my husband's orders got moved up and my son went to school 1-2 days in November and I was told no to any sort of refund despite not being under same contract as other students. This really bothered me because the owner knew my family and it was super tacky. It was also really tacky to see an eagle globe and anchor on the license plate, but no understanding for military families. The playground area is completely inadequate My son's teacher had horrible English and temper issues The other teacher was amazing Lots of filipinos teacher that lack US teaching credentials or what would be acceptable in a public school setting to teach. The people here are nice. The education is better than you might get in some neighboring public schools, but it's not a private school feel. It's a converted house.

Last modified Spring Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6