Las Vegas, NV

Posted August 23, 2014
Siblings go here and have learned so much! They enjoy there field trips and have nice teachers , they really enjoy going to school everyday. The activities they have once in a while are fun and creative

Posted July 07, 2013
I went to this elementary school for five years and was very sad to leave. I am currently a junior in high school. I lived all the teachers and staff. Safe key was great. I was in the jump rope club the first year it started and the yr after that. I am glad to have been a part of something great. I hope to visit after high school.

Posted January 25, 2012
I have gone to this school all six years and I was sad to go. I had some of the best teachers (Mrs. Swain, Clayman, Mr.Heard) (luckliy I didn't get some of the bad ones that I have seen my friends suffer through). I have seen the best pricipal go and some of the teachers too. I think that as I got older and went to middle school the qualty of the school sank....but I am glad I was there when the school had some of their best staff and money too. I will always have a place in my heart for Tomiyasu Elementary school... because some of the best years were at that school. But I guarantee that if you have kids coming there you won't be disapointed.

Bill Y Tomiyasu Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2011
I find the principal inept, some teachers are fantastic (Mr. Heard) but others not so much. The school grounds are generally pretty clean. Principal should be replaced

Posted March 18, 2011
My son is attending extended day Kindergarten at Tomiyasu. My daughter is already enrolled for the 2011-2012 school year! The teacher Mrs. Gallant is simply AMAZING! The extended day program curriculum is enhanced to include additional activities & experiences. Students will have more time to explore topics & assimilate the knowledge they have gained. Anyone remember that saying "Everything I learned about life I learned in Kindergarten"??? Give your kids the best start in their educational careers that you can and sign them up for extended day kindergarten! Open Enrollment til April 30th. (702) 799-7770 for details or register in person. Bring original Birth Certificate, shot records, last 4 of soc, proof of address (mortgage bill or lease agreement), $100 cashiers check or money order, and bank info.Zone variances accepted!!!

Posted September 09, 2010
I went to this school in 1989 and loved it then later in 2001 completed my student teaching at this school and still loved it! The staff is uncomparable to any other and I have two kids currently in a great elementary school just miles from tomiyasu (frias elementary) and though there school is great Tomiyasu is still my favorite!

Posted April 28, 2010
This school absolutely rocks. Unfortunately we moved to a new area this trimester, but my daughter was in Paula Gorter's 2nd Grade class until just after Christmas. She was absolutely the best teacher I've had for any of my kids. I was especially impressed with the teaching styles Ms Gorter uses with our children. She puts them in small groups making the children feel like they're getting the full attention of their teacher. My daughter's reading and spelling skills have improved dramatically this year and I have no doubt it was down to the attention and commitment Ms Gorter gave to my child. But best of all at the beginning of the year my daughter was really shy, couldn't speak to anyone and would hide behind me if an adult spoke to her. I found to my amazement she was reading aloud to the class by Christmas. Ms Gorter is amazing.

Posted March 10, 2010
Mrs. Swain is the most wonderful kg teacher. She provides personalised care great foundation for each and every of her student my kids love her and so do i

Posted February 04, 2010
I have two girls just starting high school and 1 boy who is now in 2nd grade at this school. It is so much better than the elementary schools my girls went to, the second grade teacher, Ms Gorter, is totally awesome. She spends time with all the kids, even during her lunch, and my little girl is now confident, helpful and best of all happy!! More teachers needs to be like her!

Bill Y Tomiyasu Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2009
My daughter went to this school her whole elementary years and now my son is going, I love the school and how it feels safe, there is something about the teachers and staff that make you always feel welcome.

Bill Y Tomiyasu Elementary School
5445 South Annie Oakley Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89120
Last modified Bill Y Tomiyasu Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bill Y Tomiyasu Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top