Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Principals, teachers, staff, and parents works so hard to make everything happen. They are so involved with the children's education. We moved here because of Bozarth ES and home was second priority. Love the school and the community, we sure made the right decision!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Bozarth has numerous amazing teachers. Many of whom have been at the school since it opened.

Amount of homework: Agree

In the earlier grades, there was a lot of homework, but it leveled out in the higher grades. However, it is important to know that Bozarth was following the CCSD homework guidelines, which recently changed.

It makes me sad to read that people have had a negative experience at Bozarth. I have two children, one in 5th grade that started in kinder and one in 7th that started at Bozarth in 2nd grade. I agree that Mr. Saunders can be tough, but his firm hand is a direct reflection of the success of Bozarth students and staff. My 7th grader was very prepared for the rigor of middle school thanks to the high expectations at Bozarth and I know my 5th grader will be as well. They both participated in many after school activities, some for a cost and some for free. It is a huge task to run an over crowded school successfully and the staff and admin at Bozarth do it well. Bozarth also has an amazing PTA. All day kinder will be offered district-wide at no cost starting next year. Mr. Jarvis, the head custodian demands a clean school, which I personally value. With so many bodies in one building, it wouldn't take long for the school to start looking old. As far as the teachers go, Bozarth has MANY wonderful, dedicated teachers. They are passionate about their jobs and their students. Bozarth is a wonderful community where student are valued, a love of learning is nurtured, as well as enriched. Just like anything in life, nothing worth having comes easy, and with education, if you expect greatness, you have to be involved.

I agree with other posts about how horrible administrators treat parents and students. The principal doesn't care about anyone except for making a name for himself. There have been several reports that he mistreats parents and belittles them. As a parent I have been mistreated on several occasions by this man. My son no longer goes to school here thanks to him. How can one man who is in charge of so many students hate them so much.

We have two children attending this school. Our kids love their teachers and they are excited to go to school every morning. That being said, we have two major concerns. Our first concern is in regards to the front office staff and the janitor who is in charge of opening/closing the gates and parking. They are rude, condescending and unhelpful. They treat us as if we are a nuisance when we ask simple questions. Our second and more important concern is that they do not offer any "full day" kindergarten classes. I have heard that other schools in CCSD offer full day options, but when we inquired about it we were just shoved off by the above mentioned staff. We pay taxes as we should. Why isn't it "in the budget" to offer full day kinder at the school that we are zoned for? I feel that this is a huge issue that needs to be addressed. My kids are being robbed of their most important year of school. Kindergarten is a fundamental part of a child's development and my kids only get half of it.

WE LOVE BOZARTH! As a parent of 3 kids, our family has been at Bozarth every year since they opened in 2009. 2 have since graduated, 1 is now in High School, 1 now in Middle school, and my youngest is still at Bozarth going into 3rd grade. I am Humbled to have our children in Bozarth hands! I'll start with the fact that Bozarth has Fantastic teachers!! Teachers who go well beyond teaching. Teachers who genuinely care, work hard for their students, are brilliant & organized, and who take summer classes to get even better every year. Teachers who will be remembered as the years go by. There are no bad teachers at Bozarth either- every teacher is great! You never have to worry who's class you got in, cause they're all great teachers! This is RARE! I'm Grateful to the Principal, Mr. Saunders who hand picks the phenomenal teachers!! He has got to be a top principal in Vegas! The fun activity classes and clubs that are offered are awesome! Many of the teachers volunteer to stay late just to offer these after school clubs to our students, Science Kids, Board Game Club, Basketball, and I know there's many more! The front office staff who works long hours, and are so helpful! The school has been kept pristine thanks to the custodial crew. I for one have taken time to get involved at Bozarth in my free time, and I'm glad I did- the behind the scenes I've witnessed at Bozarth... Leaves me full of gratitude! The level of parent involvement is Fantastic, and makes the difference in our community. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else.. I'm so grateful they've had the Bozarth experience!! If this is your kids school- Congrats!!

I wrote a review last year but it has vanished......your kid will just be a little face lost in a sea of other faces. They dont care. My son would cry beacuse he didnt want to go to school. His teacher would belittle him. The principal doesnt care. We moved.

Wonderful school! So pleased with the staff, the curriculum and most of all the excellent education our child is receiving. Very, very pleased and happy to be a part of this school.

Being new to LV, this was my first introduction to CCSD. We live .7 miles from the school, so no bus service but it's too far to let our kids walk. Driving students there every day is a ridiculous mess of traffic. The common core is terrible, indoctrination at its worst as with most public schools these days. Class sizes are ridiculously large, approaching 30 kids to one teacher. 6 hours from bell to bell, including lunch, specials, transit time, gives at most 3.5 hours for instruction per day not including time spent dealing with behavior issues. The school is extremely crowded, and hopefully re-zoning after this school year will alleviate that.

Last modified Henry & Evelyn Bozarth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.