Ruby Duncan Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2014
My daughter has been attending RD since it first opened, and I have to say that it is a good school. I have no other school to compare to, but the facilities and the staff I think are top notch! I have been hearing about the bullying, however, and my daughter is quite upset with this. Presumably, the staff knows about this one person yet has not been able to rectify this, so this is disappointing.

Posted October 12, 2013
My children have been attending Ruby Duncan since the doors opened and they and we have had nothing but amazing contact and experiences with each staff and the administration. This school community goes over and above to offer needed services/attention to individual students. Parents are welcomed and are often present in the school. We enjoy the diverse community environment and appreciate the leadership!!

Posted October 12, 2013
This school has been a safe learning place for my children for the past three years. The principal consistently returns my calls/answers my questions/addresses my concerns quickly. Each teacher knows my children's individual needs and works with me so they can achieve their highest potential. Thanks to all teachers/staff at Ruby Duncan!!!!!

Posted August 14, 2013
Ruby Duncan Elementary School is an excellent school with an amazing Principal who truly cares about the future success of each individual childl! He is a parent himself and I have witnessed him making pain staking decsions on behalf of children and adolesent parents daily. The descions Mr. DiTondo makes are life changing decisions and in the best interest of the child, parent and all parties involved. Mr. DiTondo is an amazing leader, and is in his position because he sets children on "the right" path!!!

Posted August 13, 2013
My 2 daughters has been going to Ruby Duncan since they were 4 years old, in their Pre-K program. We absolutely love this school. They have learned so much over the last 3 years and have improved dramatically. The teachers are great and very helpful and you can tell that they love the kids and their jobs. Compared to most schools in our area, Ruby Duncan is #!.

Ruby Duncan Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2013
This school is a big JOKE! The Principal, Rick DiTondo is very unprofessional and so are the front office staff. Ruby Duncan has a very unorganized drop-off/pickup and it's always chaotic. Kids running over each other and traffic is a mad house. Please be aware if you send your kid (s) to this school, they WILL HAVE instructors that become abusive because they DO NOT know how to control their anger and in the end the student gets hurt physically. The school counselor CAN NOT be trusted and teachers constantly stand around discussing a variety of students information. I have heard several of them personally during pickup. Doesn't that break the student confidentiality? During school lunch (which I have personally witnessed myself) the lunch room monitors have literally yelled in students ears with a microphone. Ruby Duncan's PE class is OVER crowded, they have over 60 students with only two instructors. Overall Ruby Duncan's staff needs extensive professional development. Kids are getting hurt here, this is a dangerous environment for students. Concerned parent getting the word out!! This school deserves really low negative rating.

Ruby Duncan Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2013
I would have rated this school 5 out of 5 but sadly 1 event has changed my view on the whole school. My child has attended Ruby Duncan since Kindergarten, the very first class when they opened the doors to this brand new school. We did not have any problems, my child was succeeding and making amazing leaps in development. In second grade my child came home complaining about the art teacher (Mr. Kingen). He got angry and violent with the second grade class and told 3 children to go to the wall. Then he grabbed one student by the shirt leaving a scratch about 2 inches long and pushed another student into the wall. One of those students was my child, shocked I contacted the other child's mother, she heard the same story. That night a police report was filed, the next day the Principal (Mr. Ditando) was notified and both parties asked to have our children removed from the art class. The kids were removed and nothing further was done, we contacted the school board, the superintendent, CPS, and pretty much whoever we could. People would not return our calls and the case was closed. The teacher is still teaching as if nothing happened. This school has failed to provide a safe environment.

Ruby Duncan Elementary School
250 West Rome Blv, Las Vegas, NV  89086
Last modified Ruby Duncan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruby Duncan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top