Public charter
Las Vegas, NV

Posted April 22, 2015
When we began the hunt for a school for our child who was beginning kindergarten we researched schools across the valley. We visited campuses & interviewed multiple private schools. We also attended open houses held at a number of charter schools. Among the half dozen schools that we considered "on the list" Doral Academy really stood out! When we attended the open house the staff were engaged and parents and students displayed great pride in their school. We submitted our application to Doral's lottery and crossed our fingers! When we received our acceptance email from Doral's lottery we danced a jig, literally. In the coming weeks before school started the anxiety grew, we wondered if this was the best school for our child? School started and an amazing thing happened, the doubt disappeared as we watched our child fall deeply in love with learning. I am grateful that my child is not only being taught to read far above the grade level, art, drama, music, but also lessons of respect are also administered daily. We are so grateful for our school and that we get to be Dragons!

Posted April 20, 2015
Our family was very excited to get into Doral Academy Upper School, we had high expectations coming from a 5 star CCSD school. We are extremly proud to be apart of the Doral family!!! The school it's Administrators, Faculty and staff are very informed, they truly want the best for each child. I love the way they intergrate Art into every subject. They are truly creating critcal thinking scholars! Keep up the great job!
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 19, 2015
Doral Academy, being a Arts integrated program is a perfect fit for our children. We count our blessings everyday that our children attend Doral Saddle. The Administration and all the staff since 2013 has made our family fell welcomed and appreciated everyday. As of all charter schools they are " Choice Schools" in which its nice to not have to be zoned to go to them. So that being said we CHOOSE to attend this wonderful school. If we weren't happy I would look else where so I could open a seat up for other families that would appreciate this amazing opportunity to have the best education while having a blast learning. Keep up the AWESOME job Doral!!!!
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
My kids are on their second year at Doral Academy. We attended the Saddle Campus last year and the Cactus campus this year. The staff and admin at both schools is amazing! The staff at these schools truly love what they do and they love the students. We are so blessed to be a part of Doral Academy of Nevada!
14 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
I am a 2nd year parent at Doral Saddle. And we couldn't be happier. The school is getting better and better. My children love all the specials, the movement in all the classrooms and the enrichment program. The teachers really try to think out of the box and go above and beyond for the students . I love that you can volunteer anytime and be a part of the school. The principal .. Man is she incredible . She really does care about each student. She is in every lunch , outside at duty , and can always been seen on the field instead of behind a desk. We truly won the lottery with this charter school!
8 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
It saddens me that people/parents don't appreciate the AMAZING school that Doral Academy truly is. The principle Mrs. Phillips and Assistant principle Mrs. Tomasetti care so deeply about the students and their success. They are always walking around campus, interacting with students and teachers, smiling and willing to meet and address any concerns that arise. This is our second year at Doral and now both of my children are attending Doral Saddle Campus. My oldest went from fighting every morning to go to school, to wanting to attend and be in school. He went from being an average student in the district to earning straight A's for the last two years. The interaction and the challenging work he receives from his teachers is far more then he ever received from the district. Doral Academy may not be the right CHOICE for every family or student, but for my children I feel blessed that they have the opportunity to be part of SUCH a GREAT SCHOOL, with amazing administrators, teachers, and staff! Thank you.
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
Everyone here loves what they do! I couldn't be more lucky to work with such great people!
7 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
Punch me! This school is like a dream!! Kind, considerate, caring, dedicated, creative, friendly teachers, staff and administration. Open door policy unlike anything I have ever seen before, I volunteer a number of times each week and will always see handfuls of parents helping in the classrooms, office and teacher prep areas. It is important to remember that this is the first year for this school and already HUGE accomplishments have been achieved. I am excited to see what the future of Doral Cactus looks like.
7 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
Amazing school! So grateful to be a part of it! The education provided is all encompassing therefore providing our children with well rounded knowledge. Thank you Doral!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2015
We were at saddle campus last year and loved everything about the school the pricipal is an amazing woman my daughter was in half day kinder and the test scores were out the roof. We decided to go to cactus campus this year simply because we live so close. I am very happy with the decision my first grader and my kinder absolutely love school they come home excited to tell me about their day the teachers and the aid are all wonderful and welcoming. My favorite part of cactus campus is mrs marshal she is an absolutely amazing and inspiring woman. The exact role model I want not only for my children. But all children. The posititive inside the school is such a breath of fresh air. I love both the campuses and I can't understand any of the negative post I have read.

Doral Academy