Public charter
Las Vegas, NV

Posted January 26, 2015
FIVE of my children attend Doral Academy Cactus Campus and we absolutely love it there! The arts integration program, the staff, the extra curricular activities and above all the education my children are receiving at this school is amazing! I feel so blessed to have my children attend Doral Academy!

Posted November 17, 2014
LOVE this school! Great principal, teachers and parents make all the difference. My kids are highly engaged and look forward to attending school during the week.
8 people found this helpful

Posted October 26, 2014
My kids are actually enjoying learning and happy to get up and go to school! What a huge change from the public school system. The teachers are great and full of energy and truly love to teach. All of my children grades have gone up some dramatically. Thank you Doral Academy Las Vegas Saddle Campus!!
4 people found this helpful

Doral Academy 3

Posted October 07, 2014
I do agree with the previous posts. I have to add, it seems that all the good people are left in Saddle Campus and Cactus absorb the "good ol' boy system." They are so much nicer with the people they already knew and rude to some new families entering Doral. Nice staff from Saddle influenced us to enroll our kids in Doral. However, you will never find the same treatment in Cactus; they have these snobby attitudes and feeling important. Saddle staffs were so kind to answers all the questions we have prior to entering the Cactus campus. We were excited at first, but now we feel like we made a mistake enrolling our kids to Doral Cactus. As for the education, while Doral have music and arts, most of the extra-curricular enhancement program for kids are expensive. It seems like Doral became a profit driven school. And the uniform, as long as the kids are wearing the Doral colors; it will pass the proper code for standard uniform attire. Doral have forgotten that cleanliness and proper shoes/socks that goes with uniform is also important. I see some kids wearing sandals showing their toes, and no one from staff and teachers says anything about it.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2014
This our family's second year at Doral-- Saddle. We came from a private school and were nervous about public school in Nevada. Both my children (Pre-k and 2nd) made a great transition. They like going to school now and finding learning to be fun rather than a chore. By bringing arts into the classroom, I believe the children are more engaged with the material and actually pay more attention to the lessons. As a result, the learning is greater and more fun--who can argue with that? The people at the school are also a delight. We have had wonderful teachers who worked to support the students at their individual learning level and do not teach a one size fits all program. The other families attending the school are friendly and excited about being at Doral. The staff and administration welcome feedback and work to improve hiccups when they occur. If you want a high stress academic situation where students are instructed with old-fashioned drill and kill math, memorization and pedantic teaching, this is not the school for you. If you want to foster life-long learning in an enriching child friendly atmosphere of exploration and growth-- get on the waiting list!

Posted September 16, 2014
I am as impressed today as I was on the day that Doral Academy opened its doors for the first time last August. I recall seeing Mrs. Phillips, our principal, directing traffic in the blazing heat at carpool pickup. I was impressed by this even when I assumed it was nothing more than a welcome strategy. Fast forward to an entire school year later - Mrs. Phillips was not only out there every day last year... she is out there every day THIS year as well. Well beyond her technical credentials, her visibility - to her students, her staff, and the parents - speaks volumes about her character. My first grader is thrilled to head to school each morning, and she comes home with a structured plan for her weekly homework and any additional projects. She has stories to tell about what she's learned each day, and about what she'll be learning the next. My family took a leap of faith when we enrolled in a school that was still being physically built at the time, and we are better for it. We are fortunate to be a part of the Doral Family, and the strong sense of community that is fostered on a daily basis by Mrs. Phillips and her staff.

Posted September 14, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about Doral Academy. My children were at Saddle last year and are now at Cactus and both are amazing campuses! Mrs. Phillips and Mrs. Marshall are the best principals you could ask for. Not only are they involved in every avenue of their schools but they truly love the kids and their jobs. The support staff from the office to the IA's are all friendly and welcoming. The PTSO's are easy to help with and are also very welcoming of parents who want to help out. Please do not let these bad reviews discourage you from applying to this school. If you can get accepted through the thousands on the wait list you are extremely lucky. Let the people who do not like go back to public school and open spots for those who will truly appreciate being here like the majority. It is a unique, exciting place to be! Thank you to the Doral Academy Staff!

Posted September 14, 2014
I am a kindergarten teacher at Doral Academy. I read the review and want to reassure the public that all of our teachers have Bachelors degrees and went to college specifically to major in education. We are a state sponsored school that requires all of our teachers to have a state license. I teach kindergarten at Doral Academy and have a Bachelor's Degree with a minor in early childhood plus a kindergarten endorsement. I also have a Masters Degree in Arts Integration and have 32 extra credits in Curriculum and Technology. I was in the Clark County School District for 18 years. I chose to move to Doral Academy because I wanted to work for Mrs. Phillips again. I am also a proud parent of a second grader at Doral Academy and could not have chosen a better school for my child.
6 people found this helpful

Posted September 14, 2014
I feel like we truly won the "lottery" with this school! The staff and administration are AMAZING! The principal is at every event, every lunch and is so involved, Its unbelievable! I love that parents are encouraged and so welcome at the school. We are so thankful for to be apart of the Doral family!

Posted September 14, 2014
We love Doral!!! This is our second year at Doral and couldn't be happier. My son has excelled in his education along with being introduced to things above and beyond the normal classroom- like drama and violin. The staff and the Principal, Mrs. Phillips, make the difference. They are dedicated to the students and work hard to make it a fun, learning environment. We couldn't be happier- and so glad we have chosen Doral.

Doral Academy