Public charter
Las Vegas, NV

Posted March 07, 2015
Doral Academy Cactus Campus is AMAZING! We love it here. I am sorry the previous negative posts don't feel the same. One thing parents need to know is that this is not an "ART" school, but an art integrated school. Arts integration is instruction that integrates content and skills from the arts dance, music, theater, and the visual arts with other core subjects. Arts integration occurs when there is a seamless blending of the content and skills of an art form with those of a co-curricular subject. My children LOVE this way of learning. The staff, front office, teachers and especially the principal and assistant principal are wonderful, always very helpful. My kids love being at school and are sad when I take them out early or they have to miss a day. So very grateful to be apart of the Doral Family!
5 people found this helpful

Doral Academy 3

Posted March 06, 2015
Doral Cactus Academy Arts Integration program is a joke. It is very far from Doral Academy, Florida from where they modeled their schools in Las Vegas. School is more preoccupied in fundraisings rather than reinforcing and focusing on their students education. Not all the teachers have their Bachelor s Degree. If you want your children to engage more in arts, parents needs to pay extra for activities considering school gets funded by tax payer s dollars aside from fundraising and contribution from private sector. No proven track of annual student test scores. Parents, if you want your child s abilities to be recognize, you need to be close to the staff and teachers. Front desk staff, administrative and some teachers walk around like you owe them something. In fairness, there are also wonderful teachers. If your child is underachiever, you will definitely appreciate this school in comparison to other public schools in Las Vegas. I wish there s more strong focus in education than endless fundraising activities. . It s a tight group of parents/staff and you can only break in by becoming like them, snooty and snobby.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 26, 2015
FIVE of my children attend Doral Academy Cactus Campus and we absolutely love it there! The arts integration program, the staff, the extra curricular activities and above all the education my children are receiving at this school is amazing! I feel so blessed to have my children attend Doral Academy!

Posted November 17, 2014
LOVE this school! Great principal, teachers and parents make all the difference. My kids are highly engaged and look forward to attending school during the week.
12 people found this helpful

Posted October 26, 2014
My kids are actually enjoying learning and happy to get up and go to school! What a huge change from the public school system. The teachers are great and full of energy and truly love to teach. All of my children grades have gone up some dramatically. Thank you Doral Academy Las Vegas Saddle Campus!!
7 people found this helpful

Doral Academy 3

Posted October 07, 2014
I do agree with the previous posts. I have to add, it seems that all the good people are left in Saddle Campus and Cactus absorb the "good ol' boy system." They are so much nicer with the people they already knew and rude to some new families entering Doral. Nice staff from Saddle influenced us to enroll our kids in Doral. However, you will never find the same treatment in Cactus; they have these snobby attitudes and feeling important. Saddle staffs were so kind to answers all the questions we have prior to entering the Cactus campus. We were excited at first, but now we feel like we made a mistake enrolling our kids to Doral Cactus. As for the education, while Doral have music and arts, most of the extra-curricular enhancement program for kids are expensive. It seems like Doral became a profit driven school. And the uniform, as long as the kids are wearing the Doral colors; it will pass the proper code for standard uniform attire. Doral have forgotten that cleanliness and proper shoes/socks that goes with uniform is also important. I see some kids wearing sandals showing their toes, and no one from staff and teachers says anything about it.

Posted September 20, 2014
This our family's second year at Doral-- Saddle. We came from a private school and were nervous about public school in Nevada. Both my children (Pre-k and 2nd) made a great transition. They like going to school now and finding learning to be fun rather than a chore. By bringing arts into the classroom, I believe the children are more engaged with the material and actually pay more attention to the lessons. As a result, the learning is greater and more fun--who can argue with that? The people at the school are also a delight. We have had wonderful teachers who worked to support the students at their individual learning level and do not teach a one size fits all program. The other families attending the school are friendly and excited about being at Doral. The staff and administration welcome feedback and work to improve hiccups when they occur. If you want a high stress academic situation where students are instructed with old-fashioned drill and kill math, memorization and pedantic teaching, this is not the school for you. If you want to foster life-long learning in an enriching child friendly atmosphere of exploration and growth-- get on the waiting list!

Posted September 14, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about Doral Academy. My children were at Saddle last year and are now at Cactus and both are amazing campuses! Mrs. Phillips and Mrs. Marshall are the best principals you could ask for. Not only are they involved in every avenue of their schools but they truly love the kids and their jobs. The support staff from the office to the IA's are all friendly and welcoming. The PTSO's are easy to help with and are also very welcoming of parents who want to help out. Please do not let these bad reviews discourage you from applying to this school. If you can get accepted through the thousands on the wait list you are extremely lucky. Let the people who do not like go back to public school and open spots for those who will truly appreciate being here like the majority. It is a unique, exciting place to be! Thank you to the Doral Academy Staff!
8 people found this helpful

Posted September 14, 2014
I am a kindergarten teacher at Doral Academy. I read the review and want to reassure the public that all of our teachers have Bachelors degrees and went to college specifically to major in education. We are a state sponsored school that requires all of our teachers to have a state license. I teach kindergarten at Doral Academy and have a Bachelor's Degree with a minor in early childhood plus a kindergarten endorsement. I also have a Masters Degree in Arts Integration and have 32 extra credits in Curriculum and Technology. I was in the Clark County School District for 18 years. I chose to move to Doral Academy because I wanted to work for Mrs. Phillips again. I am also a proud parent of a second grader at Doral Academy and could not have chosen a better school for my child.
12 people found this helpful

Posted September 14, 2014
I feel like we truly won the "lottery" with this school! The staff and administration are AMAZING! The principal is at every event, every lunch and is so involved, Its unbelievable! I love that parents are encouraged and so welcome at the school. We are so thankful for to be apart of the Doral family!

Doral Academy