Marc Kahre Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2014
My kids have been attending Marc Kahre since perschool kids are now in first and second. Have had a wonderful experience with almost every teacher my kids have had. The only teacher I ever had a problem with was my son's kindergarten. That teacher was a waste of time. They remedied the situation and that teacher is no longer there. I absolutely love our principal and assistant principal. They are amazing people with big hearts. Would recommend this school to anyone moving to the area.

Marc Kahre Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2014
Based on my experience, some teachers in this school like to gang up on parents and their students. Most teachers are just there physically, they don't pay too much attention on bullying. Teachers let their students bully one another.

Posted August 30, 2013
awful school, principal is mean, my kid's teacher was self serving and completely not qualified. I pulled my kids out after 3 months. What a joke of a place. If you zoned for this school my recommendation is MOVE to another zip code. The worst experience ever.

Marc Kahre Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
i have two grandchildren at this school who have been attending there since kindergarten. They are now in second and fourth grades. The current principal seems more interested in the students than the last one, even speaking to them on a personal basis and she is visible on the school grounds. The curriculum could be more comprehensive, but thats a problem for the district. The extra curricular activities are good. From my experience with the teachers they are satisfactory but not as good as they should be, most disregard students as individuals. The newer teachers don't get enough supervision. My grandson's second grade teacher did not have a good rapport with the students. However, the teacher did start late in the year as a replacement for an older, experienced teacher, but it was not a positive experience for the students from what I heard from several parents. The principal needs better supervisory skills of the teachers. There needs to be more supervision of students in the school yard in the morning. In speaking with friends and neighbors and others, this school is better than most elementary schools in Las Vegas

Marc Kahre Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
I have two children who attended Marc Kahre Elementary School over the last three years (2009-2012). We have had great experiences here with the teachers and the support staff. The new principal is learning and seems to get better with each year. The PTA is great and the parent support at the school is amazing. If you have the chance to live in the zoning for Marc Kahre, I would highly recommend it. The art and music programs are great. The PE teacher is phenomenal. He really expects those kids to work hard! The GATE program at the school is second-to-none! The Marc Kahre Day Police Parade is something to see! I have spent countless hours volunteering in the classrooms, library, with the PTA and in the office. The office staff are great! just can't think of any negative things to say about the school. It has been a great place for my children to learn and grow. And they have had great friends here. The teachers are the best part of the school.

Marc Kahre Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2012
My daughter will be attending this school, since we purchased our home in this particular school zone. I am a little worried due to all the reviews I have read in various sights complaining about bullying. Since she's an only child, we have taught her the signs of being bullied and mistreated. My question to these parents is "What kind of action are you taking on behalf of your child with these bullies?" I understand that the staff is not doing their part, but as your child's parents, caretaker and protector; it's our responsibility to speak for them when they are not being heard or this case ignored. I will be damned before my daughter endures this type of treatment, even if I have to get the school board or have to bring the police in this matter I will. Research and learn about how YOU can stop this, every case can be the exception and that can set the foundation for better and stronger laws/rules for bullying in this school and CCSD.

Posted October 31, 2011
This school needs reorganization and a principal that has experience. This is the first year for the first grade teacher and she is does not treat the students fairly and tries to manipulate the children and parents on a daily basis. There are no activities for the children - no dress up for Halloween. No funding for field trips. No PTA. I have complained to the teacher and principal multiple times regarding the unfair treatment to no avail. I am in the process of changing schools because in first grade you need a good teacher.

Marc Kahre Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2011
While I feel Marc Kahre E.S. has very strong teachers and educational impact, there needs to be more done to make children feel safe here. There are a lot of "mean" kids and bullies at this school at it seems to be ignored by the adults in charge. I would like to see the disruptive children held accountable and their parents made aware of it. My children stopped telling adults when they were being harassed because they were usually ignored. An anonymous way for students to report such behaviors to the administration would be most helpful. Parents shouldn't have to keep the school notified of problems, they should already know what the problems are. I feel the school does a lot of fun activities and really tries to include the parents and community as much as possible. As far as making children feel safe and empowered at school though, the administration needs to step it up and do a better job. We send our kids to school to learn, be happy, and feel safe. None of those factors should ever be compromised.

Marc Kahre Elementary School 5

Posted April 01, 2011
My son has been at Marc Kahre since kindergarten and is now in third grade. We bought a house specifically in Kahre's school zone because of our positive experience during kindergarten. The teachers he has had are fantastic. They truley care about their students and do not label children. We have been fortunate that our son has had a teacher each year that has been at Kahre for many years and has many years of experience in education. I think that says a lot about a school when there is not a high turnover rate. I think some of these negative comments may stem from helicopter parents who feel their child can do no wrong. You do your child and and the school a disservice if you are unable to appropriately react to issues brought up by the teacher and support them; and if you disagree then respectfully do so. I have never had an issue brought up that as a parent I didn't disagree with. I work hard to ensure my child has good morals, social skills, and takes ownership for his actions. I can not speak to the schools current leadership, because it changed the 2010-2011 school year. The previous principle was very kind and the teachers adored her.

Posted September 16, 2009
we had definate trouble with our son's teachers and with the administration. We were very unsatisfied and were concerned the for the safety of our child. We have since moved schools.

Marc Kahre Elementary School
7887 West Gowan Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Marc Kahre Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marc Kahre Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top