Posted September 07, 2014
My child has been at Wiener for 4 years. One may often hear that in Nevada your child can't get quality education in public school. Out state test scores are low and teachers are incredibly underpaid. I moved to nv from ny 19 years ago. I was raised in the New York public schools and have our school district the benefit of the doubt. I am so happy I did!! Wiener ES is an amazing school! Every teacher my son has had has been exceptional. They are kind, engaged and professional. His teachers have all taken the time to individual his education, even when having 20-30 other students. I give LW a 5 star!!!!

Louis Wiener Jr Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
My child's teacher is great, but the school policy that siblings aren't allowed in the school is ridiculous. I understand siblings shouldn't be allowed into campus for safety reasons, but on the last day or special classroom events, i find that unfair. Some people don't have family or someone to leave the sibling with. The principal was not understanding at all when approached. I am highly disappointed.

Posted October 12, 2013
Great school, we moved last year towards the end of the year and I was more anxious than my kids to change schools, especially since my son was just placed into a very expensive reading program that not all schools have the privilege of having. The principle looked into it and the next year she had found funds to purchase the program! I like this school better than the one we moved from!

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is great my 4 yr. is in the afternoon speech class, wonderful teach and great program.

Louis Wiener Jr Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
This school is garbage. If your not in the click or new don't expect any kind of teaching for your child. The teachers only want to help out the children that are the favorites of the parents they already know. My child was singled out and not helped in any way. I was told he was not fitting in and was a bad kid. With large classes and lousy teachers aids, I think they only want to earn a easy pay cheque. All this after one week of class. Absolute garbage.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is one of the best schools. We as parents are so satisfied with the studies, teachers and other office staff. Lucky to have a school like this for our children.

Posted May 16, 2013
I love this school, I was paying insane prices for a private school and tutoring twice a week and still my child wasn't improving on her basics ...reading and math skills. after only 3 weeks she was attempting to read on her own and her teachers have even offered help over the summer... Amazing Teachers Who Teach!!! I volunteer as much as possible to keep an eye on her and them and are so glad we made the switch.

Posted March 22, 2012
I have 2 boys that go to this school, my oldest is in the full day kindergarten class and my youngest is in the KIDS program (for his autism). The full day kinder class teacher is AMAZING! She has 1 aid and they have complete control of the class. I couldn't be happier! My son that's in the KIDS class has learned so much in the few months he's been there. The principal, speech therapist and everyone else we have encountered have been absolutely amazing! I wanted to send my boys to private school but I'm now glad I didn't all because of the AWESOME STAFF!! Thank you! Next year they are changing the 2 schools from K-2 and 3-5. Both schools are going to be K-5 next year.

Posted February 09, 2012
Absolutely LOVE this school!!! We have experienced several schools in Clark County, including the overrated Wallin Elementary and it can't even hold a candle to the amazing teaching staff at Louis Weiner Elementary! Within the first two weeks of having children at Louis Weiner, I had more meaningful, insightful communication with my son's teacher than I had in a full year at Wallin. Teachers here are caring, connected and communicative! We could not be happier or prouder than we are to have our children attending such a great school! I have personally seen the office staff handle difficult parents with tremendous patience. We love this school!!!

Posted January 29, 2012
Mrs. Smith is the difference, one of a kind excellent teacher in 1st grade...I am SOOOOO happy with her teaching my daughter at Wiener L.Jr. ..... I'd like for all the rest of the teachers to love their jobs and reflect it in their kids learning development.....Plus I believe WE Parents MUST help that to happenden, Because ***EDUCATION STARTS AT HOME !!!! I am a parent but also a teacher.

Louis Wiener Jr Elementary School
450 East Eldorado Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Louis Wiener Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louis Wiener Jr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top