Las Vegas, NV

Clarence Piggott Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2015
WOW we moved from CA and I volunteered the first day only to see the teacher being very impatient and actually yelling at the students.. and the staff didn't do a tour or make us feel comfortable at all I am not happy with this school at all. My daughter is Bi-racial and has had to defend herself 3 different times because of it. They don't do anything about bullying trying to correct it or anything. I am happy to say she will not be attending next year even though is it 2 blocks away from our house. I will NEVER recommend this school.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2015
I am so thankful we have such a great school here in Peccole Ranch. Mr. Hudzick (principal)is the best, he cares for his students and has made a positive impact in the school's culture. My son's teacher Ms. Loubert is an awesome. She has great communication, she is passionate and cares for her student's edu. My son loves her. My son attended Ober Elementary last year for kinder and I've asked him if he would want to leave Piggott for Ober and he said "no way".That's a good sign. I also asked him if he or anyone he knows has experience any bullying and he said no, that most students are nice. Another great sign. School is located in a nice family, community feel.Kids walk and ride to school. Something you don't see in the Vegas Valley much. We are excited that next year Piggott will become a magnet school and look forward in what my son will learn then. Opportunities: *I do believe the kids can be challenge a bit more. *curb appeal of school is not all that great. *drop off flow- traffic is not all that great. Ober has a drop off lane (they call it kiss and go).teachers/principal open the doors for their students.super cool.*front desk staff customer service needs some coaching.

Posted February 12, 2015
This school is fantastic. The principal is amazing. The kids think he is a rock star. It is hard to keep parents, teachers and students happy but somehow he is able to do it. I have two children there now and a child with special needs who went to elementary school there. They are involved and friendly and I am grateful I can send my children to a place where they feel loved and safe. The PE teacher, Mrs. Rogers is the best.

Posted November 24, 2014
I am grateful to have such a quality school right in the heart of Peccole Ranch. The principal is amazing, the teachers are dedicated and the entire educational environment is top notch! It is wonderful for the children to be able to walk to school through the beautiful greenbelts. This school is the best kept secret in Las Vegas.

Clarence Piggott Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2014
My daughter is new to this school. I only give it two stars because the school is nice and there is a diversity, Other than that, the staff is rude and unhelpful. The teachers (at least my daughter's teacher) is not friendly and basically ignores my child, and myself. I would move schools if I could!

Posted October 04, 2013
My school is a bully free zone.We are a be kind school and have many different.programs.And last but not least we have very nice teachers who check on us and are very easy to learn from .My shool is the greatest place you will see.It is a great place to learn.

Posted July 07, 2013
I think this school is amazing my daughter just graduated from Piggott this passed June 2013. My daughter attended this school for only 3 years but those 2 years were amazing. Her best teacher was Ms. Blue. She is a "Amazing 5th Grade" teacher. She works with the parents to ensure your child is learning. and she a no-nonsense kinda teacher. Which I love the most. She is wonderful, wish we could take her with us to middle/junior high school.

Clarence Piggott Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2012
Well congrats about becoming a 5 star school. However, parents you need to take a closer look at the bullying. I think that there is more bullying in this school than anyone knows. My child has been at this school from K-5 and the bullying started about 2nd or 3rd grade. I don't think that teachers or the principal has a handle on it. Home schooling might just be that way to go. It is safer.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 01, 2011
I used to go to this school from 1-5 and it created a very homely habitat for the kids. All the teachers talked and got along, and now I'm in 8th grade remembering all the memories we had of rainy days, the fifth grade free day, and celebrating Mrs. Mansell's time at Piggott. She was my teacher. <3 Piggott Elementary forever

Clarence Piggott Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2010
I have to say that I wrote a less than great review of piggott in 2007. Now 2010 and my daughter will be graduating from the 5th grade in just a couple days and I have to admit one thing. The 'new' principal is 1000 times better. Mr. Hudzick involves himself so much more than the previous principal. I found myself raving about the school to coworks recently saying that "It's a great school by any standard and an excellent school for a public school in vegas. The PTA still meets in the mornings, but they do phenomenal things for the school and teachers. I'm glad my daughter has had the chance to be a piggott panther.

Clarence Piggott Elementary School
9601 Red Hills Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89117
Last modified Clarence Piggott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clarence Piggott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top