Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,274

Grant Sawyer Middle School 4

Posted March 03, 2015
I was parking at the school parking lot after school and there were kids playing catch football. They hit my car and I told him to watch where they're throwing the ball. One of the kids heard the boy who was playing with the football told the guy inside the car the f____ word. It should be enforced that kids should not be aloud to play any kind of ball in the school parking lot. Luckily nothing was broken. Also I have notice that some Parents smoke in the school parking lot. It should also be enforce not to smoke in school properties, that includes inside the school parking lot. Lets give our kids good health examples.

Grant Sawyer Middle School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
My posting on how bad this school is never show up on the comment section. Does this tell you what kind of school Grant Sawyer Middle School is that they have to hid terrible reviews.

Grant Sawyer Middle School 1

Posted September 21, 2014
My son spent half of a year at Grant Sawyer. I am terrified at all the bad things he has told me. It seemed like there was something new everyday and it just kept getting worse and worse. I thought all the crazy stuff he had told me might be a lie until I witnessed a horrible fight in front of the school. May I say I have pulled my son out of Grant Sawyer and he is now living a happy normal middle school life at Jack Lund Schofield.

Posted September 08, 2014
Sawyer middle school isn't that bad for my first year of middle school at first I was Gonna be scared to go to sawyer but everyone is nice like the teachers and students But it's only the 3rd week of school things could change but sawyer is a great school!!!

Posted August 18, 2014
The music program in this school is fantastic! Mr. Hernandez is a great teacher! While, again I feel sorry for the teachers there although they tried so hard and students performance is not as good as it should be. My son told me that half of his classmates did not do their homework. Teacher reported to Principle, and Principle talked with parents, while, it did not work. Maybe, the parents do not care enough. Kids future is determined by school, family and society triangle. Now my family moved to Bay Area, I can see how much the parents here got involved. It is definitively unacceptable for kids not-doing homework. Also, the teacher here do not need work as hard as Vegas schools since parents will not allow their kids to be left behind. I will Vegas city did a good job in terms of free lunch, security and free transportation. Bay Area, the school my daughter is attending, no free transportation, very high bar for reduced lunch and I did not see one cop for the first day of school. Sorry for the teachers in Vegas, they did not get enough returns although they contributed so much and tried so hard.

Posted January 15, 2014
this school is awesome i was scared to go here but now i am high a mustang!!!!!!! :D also this is a great school once your learn people and teacher names you will have friends also i have a bunch of friends who are awesome and once a mustang always a mustang. princable is awesome

Posted November 10, 2013
I come from a good for nothing, absent principal, good kids finish last, bully infested, over crouded middle school back in Ohio. This school is the turning point of my life. I went to five different middle schools, each had a down point and horrible bully problems. This school has some of the best teachers, programs and it is well organized. The principal is amazing, he loves going to this school everyday and he calla him self lucky to even walk through those doors. Please, if you are thinking of attending here, please do so.

Posted September 17, 2013
Great. Fantastic education. My child actually enjoys going to this school. I am happy they are not finding anything negative about is school. No bullies and they have made tons of friends. The principle is great too!

Posted August 06, 2013
this school is a good motevter my son tured mature and he stoped doing drugs he takes me anywhere he goes and he gets straight a's he loves this school and wishes there was 9th grade but this changed his life.

Grant Sawyer Middle School 4

Posted June 13, 2013
I went here for my 6th and 7th grade year, and I'm about to start my 8th grade year here. Sixth grade.. was okay. The old principal was nowhere to be found..unless somebody important was at Sawyer. I was a dumb kid, I broke so many rules and got away with it in 6th grade. I have no idea how long she(the old principal) worked there, but I'm sure it was at least 5 years. She never enforced anything, and I'm pretty sure some students were doing 'things' in the bathroom. Start of seventh grade, we have a new principal. He is amazing. He made me realize how incredibly dumb I was being and turned me into a mature 7th grader. He is everywhere at school. He attends all 3 lunches, makes daily announcements, and he even danced with us at our dances! He's easy going, and it's rare to see him not at school. When we do something bad, he gets disappointed in us, which is worse than any other punishment. The only thing I absolutely hate is the 2012-2013 sixth-soon-to-be seventh graders' attitude. They're extremely spoiled, but then again I guess that's how I used to act. I'm on a zone variance for this school. I love this school so much, I MADE my parents apply. Once a mustang, always a mustang.

Grant Sawyer Middle School
5450 Redwood St, Las Vegas, NV  89118
Last modified Grant Sawyer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant Sawyer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top