Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,274
Before care: Yes

Grant Sawyer Middle School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
My posting on how bad this school is never show up on the comment section. Does this tell you what kind of school Grant Sawyer Middle School is that they have to hid terrible reviews.

Grant Sawyer Middle School 1

Posted September 21, 2014
My son spent half of a year at Grant Sawyer. I am terrified at all the bad things he has told me. It seemed like there was something new everyday and it just kept getting worse and worse. I thought all the crazy stuff he had told me might be a lie until I witnessed a horrible fight in front of the school. May I say I have pulled my son out of Grant Sawyer and he is now living a happy normal middle school life at Jack Lund Schofield.

Posted September 08, 2014
Sawyer middle school isn't that bad for my first year of middle school at first I was Gonna be scared to go to sawyer but everyone is nice like the teachers and students But it's only the 3rd week of school things could change but sawyer is a great school!!!

Posted August 18, 2014
The music program in this school is fantastic! Mr. Hernandez is a great teacher! While, again I feel sorry for the teachers there although they tried so hard and students performance is not as good as it should be. My son told me that half of his classmates did not do their homework. Teacher reported to Principle, and Principle talked with parents, while, it did not work. Maybe, the parents do not care enough. Kids future is determined by school, family and society triangle. Now my family moved to Bay Area, I can see how much the parents here got involved. It is definitively unacceptable for kids not-doing homework. Also, the teacher here do not need work as hard as Vegas schools since parents will not allow their kids to be left behind. I will Vegas city did a good job in terms of free lunch, security and free transportation. Bay Area, the school my daughter is attending, no free transportation, very high bar for reduced lunch and I did not see one cop for the first day of school. Sorry for the teachers in Vegas, they did not get enough returns although they contributed so much and tried so hard.

Posted September 17, 2013
Great. Fantastic education. My child actually enjoys going to this school. I am happy they are not finding anything negative about is school. No bullies and they have made tons of friends. The principle is great too!

Posted August 06, 2013
this school is a good motevter my son tured mature and he stoped doing drugs he takes me anywhere he goes and he gets straight a's he loves this school and wishes there was 9th grade but this changed his life.

Grant Sawyer Middle School 4

Posted June 13, 2013
I went here for my 6th and 7th grade year, and I'm about to start my 8th grade year here. Sixth grade.. was okay. The old principal was nowhere to be found..unless somebody important was at Sawyer. I was a dumb kid, I broke so many rules and got away with it in 6th grade. I have no idea how long she(the old principal) worked there, but I'm sure it was at least 5 years. She never enforced anything, and I'm pretty sure some students were doing 'things' in the bathroom. Start of seventh grade, we have a new principal. He is amazing. He made me realize how incredibly dumb I was being and turned me into a mature 7th grader. He is everywhere at school. He attends all 3 lunches, makes daily announcements, and he even danced with us at our dances! He's easy going, and it's rare to see him not at school. When we do something bad, he gets disappointed in us, which is worse than any other punishment. The only thing I absolutely hate is the 2012-2013 sixth-soon-to-be seventh graders' attitude. They're extremely spoiled, but then again I guess that's how I used to act. I'm on a zone variance for this school. I love this school so much, I MADE my parents apply. Once a mustang, always a mustang.

Posted May 21, 2012
I love this school this school is like my favorite middle school I've attended this school for 6th and 7th but sadly I won't be able to attend 8th . This school has the most nicest people ever and it's very easy to find friends and even though this school has a lot of fights its still a great school . I'm in the orchestra program and the teacher Mr. Brown is more then amazing and he is my most favorite teacher and he's really funny and the great thing about orchestra is that it's not alike from other schools it has a chamber level for kids to try and work harder but sadly I will not be able to go to chamber and go to Disneyland because I'm transferring to Sig Rogich I heard its a good school but it will never replace my amazing memories and the amazing teachers and people there and Ms. Childress is the most amazingest dean ever ! I hope to the people that go to sawyer that they will enjoy it a lot like I did :) I WILL MISS SAWYER !!!

Grant Sawyer Middle School 3

Posted May 11, 2011
i am going to this school in 7th grade. i am in 6th grade right now and i am waiting to go to this school. I hope this is a good school to learn in. i hope i feel safe and in a good enviroment like the reviews say.

Grant Sawyer Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2010
GRANT SAWYER IS A GOOD SCHOOL ITS NOT THE BEST BUT HTEY MAKE U FEEL AT HOME I WENT THERE FOR THE 7TH GREAD AND I LOVED IT THEY MADE ME FEEL AT HOME I COULD TALK TO THEM ABOUT MY HOME PROBLEMS AND THE DEANS THERE R GOOD WHEN I GOT IN TROUBLE THEY PUT ME IN TO SHAPE BUT SAWYER IS NOT THE BEST SCHOOL EVER BUT IT IS A GOOD SCHOOL TO MAKE UR CHILED FEEL WELCOME THERE DRAMA PROGRAM IS THE BEST AND THEY HELPED ME GET IN TO THE SCHOOL THAT I WANTED LVA (LAS VEGAS ACADEMY) ITS A GOOD SCHOOL TO FIND FRIENDS BUT OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A FIGHT THERE IS NOT ONE SCHOOL IN LAS VEGAS THAT AT LEAST HAS TWO FIGHTS PER YEAR BUIT I LOVER SAWYER WHEN I WHENT THERE

Grant Sawyer Middle School
5450 Redwood St, Las Vegas, NV  89118
Last modified Grant Sawyer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant Sawyer Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top