Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are effective. Somewhat? I guess. I don't really think that they aren't. I do t really have a reason.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is never hard, and I usually like it because we have iPads that they gave us to do it on. But, I honestly don't think it's a lot. In five classes, they sure don't give a lot of homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I don't think that the school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness. I know that for a fact. All my teachers are kind, and if ever you do something wrong, they just tell you that it's wrong and ask for you not to do that. The staff at this school is kind, usually I always have a problem talking to other adults, but here I don't have a problem. The staff treats us like family, and to me they are.

Well, I go to this school, and this school makes sure that you are safe, I'm in sixth grade, it's my first time in this neighborhood and everyone is so kind, I've never had a problem outside.

I was parking at the school parking lot after school and there were kids playing catch football. They hit my car and I told him to watch where they're throwing the ball. One of the kids heard the boy who was playing with the football told the guy inside the car the f____ word. It should be enforced that kids should not be aloud to play any kind of ball in the school parking lot. Luckily nothing was broken. Also I have notice that some Parents smoke in the school parking lot. It should also be enforce not to smoke in school properties, that includes inside the school parking lot. Lets give our kids good health examples.

My posting on how bad this school is never show up on the comment section. Does this tell you what kind of school Grant Sawyer Middle School is that they have to hid terrible reviews.

My son spent half of a year at Grant Sawyer. I am terrified at all the bad things he has told me. It seemed like there was something new everyday and it just kept getting worse and worse. I thought all the crazy stuff he had told me might be a lie until I witnessed a horrible fight in front of the school. May I say I have pulled my son out of Grant Sawyer and he is now living a happy normal middle school life at Jack Lund Schofield.

Sawyer middle school isn't that bad for my first year of middle school at first I was Gonna be scared to go to sawyer but everyone is nice like the teachers and students But it's only the 3rd week of school things could change but sawyer is a great school!!!

The music program in this school is fantastic! Mr. Hernandez is a great teacher! While, again I feel sorry for the teachers there although they tried so hard and students performance is not as good as it should be. My son told me that half of his classmates did not do their homework. Teacher reported to Principle, and Principle talked with parents, while, it did not work. Maybe, the parents do not care enough. Kids future is determined by school, family and society triangle. Now my family moved to Bay Area, I can see how much the parents here got involved. It is definitively unacceptable for kids not-doing homework. Also, the teacher here do not need work as hard as Vegas schools since parents will not allow their kids to be left behind. I will Vegas city did a good job in terms of free lunch, security and free transportation. Bay Area, the school my daughter is attending, no free transportation, very high bar for reduced lunch and I did not see one cop for the first day of school. Sorry for the teachers in Vegas, they did not get enough returns although they contributed so much and tried so hard.

this school is awesome i was scared to go here but now i am high a mustang!!!!!!! :D also this is a great school once your learn people and teacher names you will have friends also i have a bunch of friends who are awesome and once a mustang always a mustang. princable is awesome

Last modified Grant Sawyer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.