9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 30, 2016
I would say thanks to my teacher named Miss Bushee because she has shown me a whole new world of possibilities.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 30, 2016
The teachers do give a good amount of homework to review what they've learned in class.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 30, 2016
Some of the teachers help students develop all those things but some teachers don't seem to care about other students when they are failing.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 30, 2016
The are some staff that are nice but some are very rude and disrespectful. Some staff will try to avoid certain people.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 30, 2016
I feel some of the teachers need to be more respectful and kind to other students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 30, 2016
I definitely feel that the staff, some vice principals, some teachers and the principle needs to have respect for everyone.

Durango High School 4

Posted December 14, 2015
I graduated from Durango last year (class of '15), and my experience attending this school was pretty good. The school is very diverse, so you won't have any problem finding someone or a group to hang out with. The rules at pretty strict, especially with cell phones and dress code. Just like any school, you might see a fight here and there, but the school does a pretty good job of preventing fights from happening. During my four years I saw no more than 6 fights, which many of those fights were brief. The teachers are good, they're usually there after school to offer help; however, there are a few teachers whose availability after school is not so good. The school is also generally clean.

Durango High School 1

Posted September 11, 2015
I don't know why some parents were rating school for "excellent". Maybe someone in the family working in the school??? Every time I went to the school I didn't receive a warm welcome. Instead, I had to wait until staff to finish their personal chatting and then unwillingly ask if I need anything. Staffs were rude talking to their students and that was a bad example. I have never seen the school principal in the campus. Maybe too much office work in his office? It's a Terrible school.

Durango High School 5

Posted August 16, 2014
Durango HS is an amazing school! Most of the population is spirited and the teachers are great . I graduated this year (2014) and I am extremely proud to say I graduated from Durango hs, I wouldn't want to go to any other high school. I went to Durango for 3 years , my freshmen year I attended spring valley which personally I don't recommend. The children have attitude and are belligerent. The school is not spirited at all and I hated my teachers. I came to Durango my sophomore year and have loved this school all 3 years, I loved the assemblies , the spirit days , the sports , the pep rallies , everything ! But the most important learning! Teachers made my days worthwhile. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone ! Hs is a fun experience if you enjoy and get involved ! If your child is not involved then they probably won't have much fun , but if they go to Durango maybe other students can convince them to ! My high school experience at Durango was awesome and I'm so thankful I attended this school ! Go trailblazers !

Durango High School 5

Posted August 23, 2013
Great school, great staff. One of the best schools in Las Vegas. Teachers are outstanding and seem to care about the kids.

7100 West Dewey Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89113
Last modified Durango High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.