9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers do give a good amount of homework to review what they've learned in class.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I definitely feel that the staff, some vice principals, some teachers and the principle needs to have respect for everyone.

I graduated from Durango last year (class of '15), and my experience attending this school was pretty good. The school is very diverse, so you won't have any problem finding someone or a group to hang out with. The rules at pretty strict, especially with cell phones and dress code. Just like any school, you might see a fight here and there, but the school does a pretty good job of preventing fights from happening. During my four years I saw no more than 6 fights, which many of those fights were brief. The teachers are good, they're usually there after school to offer help; however, there are a few teachers whose availability after school is not so good. The school is also generally clean.

I don't know why some parents were rating school for "excellent". Maybe someone in the family working in the school??? Every time I went to the school I didn't receive a warm welcome. Instead, I had to wait until staff to finish their personal chatting and then unwillingly ask if I need anything. Staffs were rude talking to their students and that was a bad example. I have never seen the school principal in the campus. Maybe too much office work in his office? It's a Terrible school.

Durango HS is an amazing school! Most of the population is spirited and the teachers are great . I graduated this year (2014) and I am extremely proud to say I graduated from Durango hs, I wouldn't want to go to any other high school. I went to Durango for 3 years , my freshmen year I attended spring valley which personally I don't recommend. The children have attitude and are belligerent. The school is not spirited at all and I hated my teachers. I came to Durango my sophomore year and have loved this school all 3 years, I loved the assemblies , the spirit days , the sports , the pep rallies , everything ! But the most important learning! Teachers made my days worthwhile. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone ! Hs is a fun experience if you enjoy and get involved ! If your child is not involved then they probably won't have much fun , but if they go to Durango maybe other students can convince them to ! My high school experience at Durango was awesome and I'm so thankful I attended this school ! Go trailblazers !

Great school, great staff. One of the best schools in Las Vegas. Teachers are outstanding and seem to care about the kids.

Durango High School is a fantastic place for students to learn academically, socially, and grow emotionally. The majority of the teaching staff consistently goes above and beyond to ensure maxmium care and attention is provided to all.

It doesn't like a school, but club. Staffs were not acting professional. How you expect all the teenage students to be nice??? I guess that's what the principal likes.

It is one of the terrible school. staff is rude and helpless. the secretary of principal acts like a watch dog and wouldn't let me give my feedback to principal. I would never let my kid go to this school if I have had other choices.

Durango is a school like all others that struggles with discipline at times. Some kids misbehave and some do not - and that's life. However, the school has many excellent teachers, great students and involved parents. Schools are only as good as their administration, teachers, kids and parents, and my children have been very satisfied with this school - and grandkids will go there too!

Last modified Durango High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.