Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,696

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is a fantastic example of what can be done if teachers are given some freedom to teach and students are allowed freedom of expression... Unlike other magnet schools , this school is an arts high school, not primarily focused on an academic discipline, rather expectations are that students will excellent!

Posted April 23, 2014
We have been transferred from New Jersey to several states across the country. I grew up in Northern Virginia at a high school that had everything (even a planetarium). The Las Vegas Academy is, by far, the BEST school my kids (or myself) have ever attended! The teachers are easily the caliber of a quality private college, the counselors help you with scholarships, college readiness, or just changing a class. They want their students happy and, I am told by my daughter, that they are enjoying themselves and get along with everyone. My kids easily got into the college of their choice, as did their friends. My daughter learned Japanese and German at the same time, another French and Japanese but the Arts program is outstanding ... beyond what words can describe they are so brilliant. If you are get into LVA, thank your lucky stars because some day, you'll most likely be one!

Posted April 21, 2014
The Las Vegas Academy, a public magnet school, is amazing is many ways! The teachers make it enjoyable to learn and students want to be there. Everyone gets along with everyone as they are accepted for who they are. The counselors are the best! They will work with you endlessly for scholarships, college prep, adding a major (you pick a major in high school here). You'll find kids playing guitar during lunch, you can learn Japanese, French, Spanish, be an Art, Dance, Theater major, even Guitar major while taking honors and AP classes as you go to school an extra hour a day to learn your major. They bring in top professionals in each field on a regular basis to teach the "tricks of each trade". LVAs school plays are like Broadway productions! Play "Miss Saigon" they used a real (but hollow) helicopter on stage that they raised up as people who wanted to leave the war clung on. My 2 kids that have graduated got accepted in many colleges with scholarships (NYU, Boston U) and made almost straight As they were so well prepared by LVA. It is an honor and privilege to go to Las Vegas Academy and I feel blessed that my children were and are able to do so.

Posted April 18, 2014
This school is a wonderful school it helps kids who are talented get the education and the advance natural learning of their talented abilities. It really looks good on your resume if you are filling out an application for a job or audition, it also look good when you sign up for a college. The only thing is you have to be very serious when you enter this school. If you get sellected into this school you probably have to make a lot of sacrifices, and you have to be very mature. You have to give it your all and make sure you try your best. If you take it seriously than they'll take you seriously. :)

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter LOVES this school. She is a freshman this year and while she has always been an excellent student, this is the first time I have ever seen her EXCITED to go to school and PROUD to be attending her school. She loves all the kids and teachers and how accepting and helpful everyone is. This school is AMAZING. I had always heard that LVA was the best school in Las Vegas but I never understood why until my daughter was accepted and we experienced it for ourselves. I cannot say enough good things about it. We feel extremely fortunate that she attends this school.

Posted December 28, 2013
My daughter is an LVA student and I could not be more impressed with the school, the teachers, the staff, and the students. The students are accepting of one another, they are outgoing, the moral is high, and these students work towards success. The teachers expect a lot out of the students and provide every tool to help them succeed; the teachers are involved as well as the staff. There is a no tolerance policy that is strictly adhered to and the students respond well to this. My daughter has gone from not liking school to loving it; she doesn't want to miss a day. Every school in Clark County should be doing what LVA is doing; it works!

Las Vegas Academy Of Int'l Studies Performing And 3

Posted November 06, 2013
I went to LVA my freshman year. Overall, it was an awful experience for me. The campus was filthy and crumbling apart. I even got strep throat for a week because I drank from a tainted water fountain in their gym. The teachers were nothing above average. I would assume that they would have outstanding teachers due to all of the praise the school gets, but that didn't seem to be the case. There were cramped class sizes and unfortunately got stuck with a few boring science and math teachers and ended up with a poor grade in both classes. Another issue I had with this school were the outrageously rude and apathetic hall monitors and deans.They showed no respect for my feelings.The majors programs are definitely a good reason to go to this school, but the students within your major might not be the extremely passionate people you'd expect.I was a band major and the students in my section always complained about either the band directors, band members, or their music and often goofed off when we should have been practicing. LVA is doubtlessly the most over rated school I have ever seen. There is nothing magical that it has the other magnet schools don't other than added diversity

Posted October 26, 2013
The Las Vegas Academy. My 2 daughters attend this amazing and powerful school. One graduated as a dance major and is doing well in College. She came out well equioed to handle life with an incredible background in dance and academis. She made it in to a top California university! Any Teen that gets in to this school will have the best of everything!! My other daughter loves it also and its full of life and culture!!I I can not say enough for this outstanding school, the principal, counselers, administration etc. You will suceed if you make it in here and do everything. Every child in there is a leader and they just make you full fill your character, detrmination and make you the person you are meant to find in yourselfand be a star!!! Proud to say that my daughters are living proof of this Performing arts school in the downtown area which makes it worth the drive and more!!

Posted October 26, 2013
This school not only demands students achieve academically it encourages and supports their growth and development in the area of the arts. There is no other school the provide young people the opportunity to become well rounded young adults. The contributions they will make to our country and our world because of the encouragement and inspiration they receive to be all that they can be will be tremendous. I found this education to be so positive in the growth of my granddaughters that I have encourage many friends to see if their young ones can be accepted into this learning experience.

Posted October 26, 2013
I am the aunt of two nieces that have and presently are attending LVA. I cannot express in words how thankful I am for the fine education and team building they have experienced since attending this amazing teaching institution. I know from hearing their shared enthusiasm about LVA, that this once in a lifetime exposure to quality teaching and caring facility will help them make honorable and well thought out decisions in their future endeavors.

Las Vegas Academy Of Int'l Studies Performing And
315 South 7th St, Las Vegas, NV  89101
Last modified Las Vegas Academy Of Int'l Studies Performing And is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Vegas Academy Of Int'l Studies Performing And Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top