Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I haven't really received that much homework from this school most of the time my homework is from math class, but then again This is mainly my personal experience I can't really say for other students.

I'm currently in my 7th grade year at Kenny C. Guinn, and being the quiet loner that I am I tend to observe my surroundings much more than your average kid. If I could tell you anything Kenny Guinn is a pretty diverse school and I'm not just talking about race mind you. With every person here there's another story with the only thing keeping each story connected is shared space. I mean it you'll really meet some interesting characters here bad or good. Which in context really isn't a bad thing, if could tell you anything about being a 12 year old is that... It's difficult. Its at this time in anybody's life including mine where you start to discover your identity, and figure things about yourself. Which can be very difficult when the outside world won't take you seriously mainly because you're still considered a kid. And while this school has its diverse teachers, students, and its variety of opinions, won't let you discover who you are in this world right away but its always a good start. However though, I will admit that the academics in this school aren't exactly at its high point. Sadly as much as I can try to defend the school I am going to I can't simply ignore its flaws, how much you learn at this school and what you will be taught will depend on the teacher. Seeing as how I have had my fair share of teachers that I learned a lot from and teachers who simply don't pay much attention to each students needs. Anyhow though while I could continue I'm afraid this review might end up too long so I'll just end it here. I personally am I firm believer a constructive criticism, which is why switched from defending Guinn from pointing out one of its flaws. But no matter in the end I hope this was in anyway somewhat helpful.

Hi, I went to Kenny Guinn almost all of 6th grade and I am going to be going for the end of 7th and all of 8th. Some people think this school is ghetto just because of the way some of the kids look, but it's not. People don't seem to understand that the school looks the way it does because the people that attend are usually poor. The kids are generally quite nice, although, like every other school on Earth, it has a few delinquents. I think that most of the teachers are quite nice. Their methods in teaching are quite efficient. I have seen reviews below that say the kids hate school and dread going. We are teenagers, of course we would rather be on Instagram than learning about slope. But, kids seem happy at lunch and are actually quite excited about it. We get to hang out with our friends and the teachers that supervise the lunch are super nice. The principal and dean are preparing us for high school, not prison. I have read all the reviews below and most seem to focus on the negative and if that's how they want to live life, looking at the bad and never the good, then go ahead. I strongly recommend Kenny Guinn for your child and for the time that I wasn't, there I missed it.

I am a student at Kenny C. Guinn in 8th grade and just wanted to get a few facts straight. First of all I ride the bus 3 miles down the rode just to get to school because I love this school so much. I also wanted to state that the children who are doing the staffs jobs are doing what they asked for, there is an elective for teachers/office aide that you will occasionally go get some copy's for a test for a teacher or go to a class to take a child to the deans office when a teacher requests it. The bullying has gone down alot and the dean and teachers try there best to help stop it and I don't see any true bullying such as giving put downs and stuff all I see is friends being a little rough with there friends but not enough to hurt some one(I cant say the same for the females because I'm not with them while they are being social.) Finaly for the teachers and shortage of books, yes every once in a while we may need to share a book with some one else because some students dont know how to treat books respectfully and rune them, for the teachers all of mine are great and I have no problems with them.

This is a title one school and it shows. The teachers are worn out. My son had a medical condition. I tried to speak to his teachers many times. One teacher basically told me to give up on my son. This was his first year here. He was a straight A student from a private school setting. I emailed- no response. Called no- response. If you go to the school they act like it is an inconvenience. The bullying is out of control. Not enough books for even the classroom set. Sharing 1 book 3 kids. But hey, they have Ipads available. How about load it with some books?! This school needs an overhaul. Just dreadful. I now see why my son does not want to go to school anymore. Due to the economy I only wish I could put him back into private. Maybe I can get a zone variance.

The dean at this school seem to have more interest in getting the kids prepared for prison not high school, and the principal just don't care she just go on about her day NO issue is her concern, feel lucky if you ever met the principal after open house, other staff are so so rude and disrespect, you can go in this school at any time of the day and you will see kids in the main office or the dean's office doing the work that the staff was hired for when the kids should be in CLASS!!!! I don't think NO ONE should let there kids attend this school if you want your kids to be excepted to a good high school. WITH THIS DEAN AND MOST OF THE STAFF YOUR CHILD WILL BE IN PRISON BY THE TIME THEY ARE THE AGE FOR HIGH SCHOOL.

Every time I call there is alway someone who is rude that answers the phone. When I voice my opinion about a situation that I am concerned about the principal dances around the issue. When you email the teachers it takes days for a responce if any at all. I AM VERY DISIPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL.

I go to this school and I have to say it is very ghetto..Some teachers really care but other dont at all. Lots of fights.I hate the lockers that need to be fixed.That is all I have to say and I wouldnt recommend it......;)

i went to this school it is the best and we are really good when it comes to testing

Great school teachers help out the students in anyway they can and my son loves going here.

Last modified Kenny C Guinn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.