Las Vegas, NV

Posted May 07, 2015
Hi, I went to Kenny Guinn almost all of 6th grade and I am going to be going for the end of 7th and all of 8th. Some people think this school is ghetto just because of the way some of the kids look, but it's not. People don't seem to understand that the school looks the way it does because the people that attend are usually poor. The kids are generally quite nice, although, like every other school on Earth, it has a few delinquents. I think that most of the teachers are quite nice. Their methods in teaching are quite efficient. I have seen reviews below that say the kids hate school and dread going. We are teenagers, of course we would rather be on Instagram than learning about slope. But, kids seem happy at lunch and are actually quite excited about it. We get to hang out with our friends and the teachers that supervise the lunch are super nice. The principal and dean are preparing us for high school, not prison. I have read all the reviews below and most seem to focus on the negative and if that's how they want to live life, looking at the bad and never the good, then go ahead. I strongly recommend Kenny Guinn for your child and for the time that I wasn't, there I missed it.

Kenny C Guinn Middle School 4

Posted April 30, 2015
I am a student at Kenny C. Guinn in 8th grade and just wanted to get a few facts straight. First of all I ride the bus 3 miles down the rode just to get to school because I love this school so much. I also wanted to state that the children who are doing the staffs jobs are doing what they asked for, there is an elective for teachers/office aide that you will occasionally go get some copy's for a test for a teacher or go to a class to take a child to the deans office when a teacher requests it. The bullying has gone down alot and the dean and teachers try there best to help stop it and I don't see any true bullying such as giving put downs and stuff all I see is friends being a little rough with there friends but not enough to hurt some one(I cant say the same for the females because I'm not with them while they are being social.) Finaly for the teachers and shortage of books, yes every once in a while we may need to share a book with some one else because some students dont know how to treat books respectfully and rune them, for the teachers all of mine are great and I have no problems with them.

Posted July 01, 2013
This is a title one school and it shows. The teachers are worn out. My son had a medical condition. I tried to speak to his teachers many times. One teacher basically told me to give up on my son. This was his first year here. He was a straight A student from a private school setting. I emailed- no response. Called no- response. If you go to the school they act like it is an inconvenience. The bullying is out of control. Not enough books for even the classroom set. Sharing 1 book 3 kids. But hey, they have Ipads available. How about load it with some books?! This school needs an overhaul. Just dreadful. I now see why my son does not want to go to school anymore. Due to the economy I only wish I could put him back into private. Maybe I can get a zone variance.

Posted February 17, 2012
The dean at this school seem to have more interest in getting the kids prepared for prison not high school, and the principal just don't care she just go on about her day NO issue is her concern, feel lucky if you ever met the principal after open house, other staff are so so rude and disrespect, you can go in this school at any time of the day and you will see kids in the main office or the dean's office doing the work that the staff was hired for when the kids should be in CLASS!!!! I don't think NO ONE should let there kids attend this school if you want your kids to be excepted to a good high school. WITH THIS DEAN AND MOST OF THE STAFF YOUR CHILD WILL BE IN PRISON BY THE TIME THEY ARE THE AGE FOR HIGH SCHOOL.

Posted June 23, 2009
Every time I call there is alway someone who is rude that answers the phone. When I voice my opinion about a situation that I am concerned about the principal dances around the issue. When you email the teachers it takes days for a responce if any at all. I AM VERY DISIPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL.

Kenny C Guinn Middle School

Posted June 22, 2009
I go to this school and I have to say it is very ghetto..Some teachers really care but other dont at all. Lots of fights.I hate the lockers that need to be fixed.That is all I have to say and I wouldnt recommend it......;)

Posted November 14, 2008
i went to this school it is the best and we are really good when it comes to testing

Posted January 14, 2008
Great school teachers help out the students in anyway they can and my son loves going here.

Posted June 24, 2007
I love going to this school. I am going to the 7th grade and am excited.

Posted June 01, 2007
I have had 3 children attend this school and have seen multiple teachers and deans come and go. I feel that the school means well and wants to do well. There are several teachers that do attempt to make a difference. I feel that children should be taught respect at home and that should be given help an guidance at school. After 1 year, I am extremely happy that my last daughter won't be going there any

Kenny C Guinn Middle School
4150 South Torrey Pines Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89103
Last modified Kenny C Guinn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenny C Guinn Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top