9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am an upcoming senior in high school, in the past three years I was in clubs, sport, CTE <Career program>, honor programs and the AP programs. The reason i gave this school a 5 is because i actually learned the things I need to learn throughout high school. In my freshman year, I joined swim team. Although I started out as an amateur in swim, but my coaches were actually encouraged and helped me to learn new strokes. All three years I did key club and DECA; these two clubs have provided me a strong character and nevertheless leadership. Lastly I have involved with challenging AP courses including: AP world history, AP language and Composition, AP biology, AP US History. Those classes actually gave me excellent knowledge and skills toward college. Especially the teachers became my friends as well as mentors. I knew I will completely changed after four years of high school; that wouldn't be what parents want their children to be? That wouldn't be what students want themselves to be? One of the advise i can give you would be "actively pursuit whatever subject you love in high school, because knowledge is power."

Bonanza actually isn't really that bad, better than some of the other schools in Clark County.

Bonanza is an okay school. The Deans at Bonanza have favorites and its completely wrong. I've had constant problems with some staff grading me harder than other students because of my sexuality. The ccsd rules are hardly enforced except for dress code. The theatre program there is one of the best in ccsd. The JROTC program is just atrocious the teachers are very judgmental, the things they make us do, etc. All the English teachers I've had have been absolutely fabulous, but the math teacher have been undeniably horrible. I have learned nothing in any of the math classes I've been in that i don't already know. The teaching methods are extremely stupid and they act like we are mental and have no clue what they are talking about. The principal also has favorites and refuses to do stuff for some clubs because she is against what they do. The students are racist, homophobic, gang members, and drug abusers. I would never send my kid to Bonanza. Overall the school is terrible, with a few exceptions, I hate it here, I would rather pay for private school rather than send my kid here.

I am a former student. There are very few things I liked about my time at Bonanza High School. Most of the teachers were rude and didn't care about anything the kids learned or how they acted. Most classes, you would sit there and do nothing because the teacher "didn't feel like doing a big assignment that day." Also, most students were rowdy, distracting, and inappropriate. Any time you would try to go to an adult about bullying or anything like that, they would basically tell you to your face that they didn't care and they wouldn't do anything about it. Honestly, although there are a few great teachers, Bonanza just doesn't have a good learning environment.

Horrible, all of my teachers are rude. They yell at me for the most minuscule of things. I cannot walk around without being confronted with something that is wrong. Everyone at this school is inconsiderate and just plain rude.

If you try really really hard in your average joe classes, and are lucky to get a caring teacher, you should get a decent grade. (this excludes all you honors & A.P. ) I'm a current student here and I can honestly say academic success along with actual learning here is out of luck. It's hard to get a good teacher. Most these teachers tell you to read your textbook or red the board for information on your assignment. My fellow classmates and I simply do not learn that way. What kind of classroom atmosphere do you expect when you got 40 kids who are frustrated, confused, and uninterested in learning? These kids have the potential to be very successful, (I know, I've seen their true colors) we just need more involved teachers. Teachers and staff who care, rather than just sending detention and court dates would be a blessing for these lost kids. It's not easy being a minority teenager. (which by the way, is most this school now) I get more learning done with a fellow classmate than with the actual teacher.

My daughter graduated from there and my son is a junior this year. I feel the school is a very safe place for students

I attended Bonanza for 4 years, and I found that the teachers were competent and likable. I enjoyed my time there, and feel I got as much out my experience there as I put in. That's what education is about.

My student is a junior this year and loves this school. BHS provides students with a variety of sport activities and clubs. This year the grading scale has changed; 70% test and 30% homework. Although tests can be made up of essays and projects it is still a big change from the previous years. GPA s won t be quite so high. Another thing is more extra credit. A bit tougher in the standards this year than in past years. The teachers are fine for the most part. They are email responsive. However, some teachers seem to want to collect a paycheck (not that it's that much) and be on their way. My daughter s counselor seems less than helpful when it comes to helping with student direction for h.s. or college classes. Sometimes people just lose their enthusiasm for their jobs I guess. At least my student is enjoying the h.s. years

BHS is a really good school. We have amazing sports programs and Bonanza also has a lot of preparation for students looking to attend college. This is my second year attending, and i love it. The location of the school isn't the best though.

Last modified Bonanza High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.