9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Bonanza High School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
Bonanza actually isn't really that bad, better than some of the other schools in Clark County.

Posted November 16, 2013
Bonanza is an okay school. The Deans at Bonanza have favorites and its completely wrong. I've had constant problems with some staff grading me harder than other students because of my sexuality. The ccsd rules are hardly enforced except for dress code. The theatre program there is one of the best in ccsd. The JROTC program is just atrocious the teachers are very judgmental, the things they make us do, etc. All the English teachers I've had have been absolutely fabulous, but the math teacher have been undeniably horrible. I have learned nothing in any of the math classes I've been in that i don't already know. The teaching methods are extremely stupid and they act like we are mental and have no clue what they are talking about. The principal also has favorites and refuses to do stuff for some clubs because she is against what they do. The students are racist, homophobic, gang members, and drug abusers. I would never send my kid to Bonanza. Overall the school is terrible, with a few exceptions, I hate it here, I would rather pay for private school rather than send my kid here.

Posted October 15, 2013
I am a former student. There are very few things I liked about my time at Bonanza High School. Most of the teachers were rude and didn't care about anything the kids learned or how they acted. Most classes, you would sit there and do nothing because the teacher "didn't feel like doing a big assignment that day." Also, most students were rowdy, distracting, and inappropriate. Any time you would try to go to an adult about bullying or anything like that, they would basically tell you to your face that they didn't care and they wouldn't do anything about it. Honestly, although there are a few great teachers, Bonanza just doesn't have a good learning environment.

Bonanza High School 1

Posted September 11, 2013
Horrible, all of my teachers are rude. They yell at me for the most minuscule of things. I cannot walk around without being confronted with something that is wrong. Everyone at this school is inconsiderate and just plain rude.

Posted August 06, 2013
If you try really really hard in your average joe classes, and are lucky to get a caring teacher, you should get a decent grade. (this excludes all you honors & A.P. ) I'm a current student here and I can honestly say academic success along with actual learning here is out of luck. It's hard to get a good teacher. Most these teachers tell you to read your textbook or red the board for information on your assignment. My fellow classmates and I simply do not learn that way. What kind of classroom atmosphere do you expect when you got 40 kids who are frustrated, confused, and uninterested in learning? These kids have the potential to be very successful, (I know, I've seen their true colors) we just need more involved teachers. Teachers and staff who care, rather than just sending detention and court dates would be a blessing for these lost kids. It's not easy being a minority teenager. (which by the way, is most this school now) I get more learning done with a fellow classmate than with the actual teacher.

Posted April 08, 2010

Bonanza High School 4

Posted December 04, 2009

Bonanza High School 0

Posted September 30, 2009
My daughter graduated from there and my son is a junior this year. I feel the school is a very safe place for students

Posted September 28, 2009

Posted June 04, 2009
I attended Bonanza for 4 years, and I found that the teachers were competent and likable. I enjoyed my time there, and feel I got as much out my experience there as I put in. That's what education is about.

Bonanza High School
6665 West Del Rey Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89146
Last modified Bonanza High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonanza High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top