Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted September 23, 2015
My only interaction with your school has only been with the actions of the bus driver of the Red Bus

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 23, 2015
I am the grandmother of the two children who were let off the bus at the wrong stop. Until now, I relied on my daughter to decide if the school they were attending was what was best for them. I am not able to curb my anger at this incident. I only hope that inside the school, and the class room, the needs of the children are meet or exceeded.

R Guild Gray Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2015
My 2 grand daughters ages 5 & 6 were dropped off at the wrong bus stop. No one had any idea where they were. My 5 year old grand daughter asked a woman if she would help her find her home. The Las Vegas Police brought them home 2 hours after their regular time. Every childs welfare are in the hands of the bus driver once they have left the school. This driver never reported any problems. How could he allow this to happen. Please help me see that no other children who ride the bus to and from school suffer what we went through today. The bus I am speaking of is called the Red Bus. We cannot allow mistakes like this to happen. Unfortunately, there seems to be no other way for them to get to and from school each day. As of right now, they are afraid that the bus will take them some place where they won't be able to get home.

Posted October 14, 2013
This is a fantastic school, focusing on educating the whole child. My children have participated in Chess Club, Choir, Student Council, GATE, and the Jump Rope Team. The school has many family oriented activities and encourages parents to be active participants. It's also a very small school by Las Vegas standards, so your child is not just a number, they are part of a caring community where everyone knows your name. I cannot recommend this school enough. If you are sick of overcrowded schools, run by amateurs, then come to Gray, where you will get experienced and dedicated educators.

R Guild Gray Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2013
about to register my daughter who is differently abled at this school. To be more specific she has down syndrome. After reading one bad review, I am a bit concerned. But I will blog and update for future parents reference.

R Guild Gray Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2012
Do not send your kids here if they have a learning disability. The staff seems helpful when they meet with you but don't seem to have a clue how to deal with a LD child. My son comes home every night frustrated about not understanding what had been gone over during the day. He states that they pull him out of his classes on a regular basis and he misses most of the instruction and finds it hard to keep up. I am having a hard time with this due to not being a teacher myself and trying to help him with his homework. I find that I lack the proper tools needed to teach him myself but we seem to muddle our way through the work just enough to get it done. I requested that the teacher send home a copy of the example sheet so I understand how she is teaching a Math lesson but only received a couple of them before she stopped sending them. I am now back to guessing what is the best way to do things again wondering if I am confusing the situation or am I actually helping.

Posted June 17, 2012
R Guild Gray is my former elementary school and i always thought it was the best. i looked forward to going to school every day and soak in my surroundings. the teachers are great and the school as a whole is awesome. i really recommend this school to any parent who wants a great education for their children.

Posted March 15, 2011
This is a fantastic school with extremely dedicated and experienced teachers. It is also a small school, by Las Vegas standards, so the teachers get to know your child and entire family. The school has established school traditions and a strong community. This is a great place to send your child.

Posted October 12, 2009
this school is very very good for all kids the principal is very cordial and the school is clean uo all the time the teachers is very good helps to childrens this very good school...

Posted October 03, 2009
Because they are more dedicated to education than any other school I have ever seen. The staff is wonderful and the teachers are wonderful as well. This is my sons first year there and my son has done better there than he has ever done in all his years of school. my son is in the 3rd grade. This focuses on all the positives in a child instead of the negatives. They push your child to accomplish things that didnt seem possible. I love this school. its not a new school but its a wonderful school that offers hope for kids. my son is in special ed and I believed he would never be able to spell he spells now and reads thanks to this school.

2825 South Torrey Pines Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89146
Last modified R Guild Gray Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.