Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Doris M Reed Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 18, 2016
From my own experience, in the past, teachers at Doris Reed were constantly being exposed to the latest innovations in educational technology and practice in order that students could enjoy, comprehend, retain and effectively apply what they learned. Weekly meetings, seminars, CCSD classes all ensured that we effectively applied these new educational technologies and practices inside the classroom and we were constantly monitored by administration to show our progress with the students.

Doris M Reed Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2016
I am a former teacher at Doris Reed E.S. and all I can say is THANK GOD they have a new administration in place. It can only be an overall improvement over the last administration which created such an atmosphere of mistrust, fear and dissension among the staff that it became unbearable to work there. That administration held the teaching staff with such low contempt, mistrust and suspicion and used really low ball tactics on them (unbeknownst to CCSD). I see that just about 98% of the original teaching staff who were employed at Doris Reed from 2011 onward have left and been replaced, and this is no random accident. The morale in this school was awful and just got worse due to the underhanded tactics by the old administration, who made working there a nightmare for the teaching staff. Imagine how an unhappy staff afraid of losing their jobs and putting up with being treated unfairly and disrespectfully by administration can affect the students over time? The funny thing is that while the old administration was cognizant of treating students with kindness and respect, they forgot to treat their teachers the same way. I hope that this new administration learns from the awful mistakes of the old one. Unfortunately, CCSD has no idea whatsoever of how their school administrators really run their schools or how badly they can get away with treating their teachers, who are afraid to say anything for fear of losing their jobs. A good school is based on more than just good overall test scores and looking good in the national educational poll ratings. CCSD needs to get a real handle on what is going on behind the scenes at their schools and monitor the administration they have in place as well.

Posted September 27, 2014
This was a wonderful school for my children! The teachers and staff were very involved with helping along my child's education. The sports programs were top run efficiently and effectively as well.

Posted October 11, 2013
Excelente! Mis hijos an asistido dos a os en Doris reed, les encanta asistir a clases, adoran a su maestra de pre kinder ms summer, ahora est n con ms Susan Tucci muy buena en mi opini n!

Posted June 17, 2010
I am so thankful that my son attended Doris Reed Elementary. Mrs Guski along with his speech therapist helped my son make so much progress. These people are talented, amazing and they gave a family hope and tools to help our autistic son succeed. My son is a different child after one school year with Mrs Guski and her team. THANK GOD for them!

Doris M Reed Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2010
MY daughter is currently in kindergarten for the 2009-2010 school year. We got very lucky in terms of having a great teacher,Ms.Garrett.I dont know how she handles a class of 30 children and now with budget cuts they are going to try and stuff more kids in the classroom. I am not impressed at all by the office staff;our welcome packet was not put together in the proper order, sometimes they send other students' absence records in my mail and when I send absent notes they never get put on record,I have to go down to the school myself to fix it. A lot of the children lack respect but I can see where the get it from...when you hold open the door for a father and his son and they just walk right past you without a simple thank you, it's no wonder.

Doris M Reed Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2009
My daughter attended kindergarden at Reed Elem. during the 08-09 term. The teachers and staff seem dedicated but limited. The parent community is lacking in academic support and enthusiasm. Sadly, another push through school.

Posted June 07, 2006
Our boys started at Doris Reed this year (2005-2006. We have one in kindergarten, and one in second grade. We were very pleased and felt the teachers our children had were very good. Both teachers appeared to have their students' behavior well under control. Both teachers were easy to get ahold of, friendly, and attentive to my questions and concerns. My boys had opportunities to participate in drama and music, and my second grader was encouraged to participate in the science fair. Even with the high number of students in the kindergarten class and large number of non-English speaking students in kinder, the teacher my son had did a great job. He is ready for first grade. My second grader is a handful and his teacher did a marvelous job of keeping him busy and he learned so much this year! Way to go, Doris Reed ES!

Doris M Reed Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2003
Discipline is a major problem in all grade levels. There are too many children in each class! The teachers spend too much time dealing with disruptive students taking away the valuable teaching time. In my opinion the school is doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Parents need to take a more active roll in their children's education, first teaching them respect and consideration for their teachers and other school staff.

Doris M Reed Elementary School
2501 Winwood St, Las Vegas, NV  89108
Last modified Doris M Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.