Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

From my own experience, in the past, teachers at Doris Reed were constantly being exposed to the latest innovations in educational technology and practice in order that students could enjoy, comprehend, retain and effectively apply what they learned. Weekly meetings, seminars, CCSD classes all ensured that we effectively applied these new educational technologies and practices inside the classroom and we were constantly monitored by administration to show our progress with the students.

I am a former teacher at Doris Reed E.S. and all I can say is THANK GOD they have a new administration in place. It can only be an overall improvement over the last administration which created such an atmosphere of mistrust, fear and dissension among the staff that it became unbearable to work there. That administration held the teaching staff with such low contempt, mistrust and suspicion and used really low ball tactics on them (unbeknownst to CCSD). I see that just about 98% of the original teaching staff who were employed at Doris Reed from 2011 onward have left and been replaced, and this is no random accident. The morale in this school was awful and just got worse due to the underhanded tactics by the old administration, who made working there a nightmare for the teaching staff. Imagine how an unhappy staff afraid of losing their jobs and putting up with being treated unfairly and disrespectfully by administration can affect the students over time? The funny thing is that while the old administration was cognizant of treating students with kindness and respect, they forgot to treat their teachers the same way. I hope that this new administration learns from the awful mistakes of the old one. Unfortunately, CCSD has no idea whatsoever of how their school administrators really run their schools or how badly they can get away with treating their teachers, who are afraid to say anything for fear of losing their jobs. A good school is based on more than just good overall test scores and looking good in the national educational poll ratings. CCSD needs to get a real handle on what is going on behind the scenes at their schools and monitor the administration they have in place as well.

This was a wonderful school for my children! The teachers and staff were very involved with helping along my child's education. The sports programs were top run efficiently and effectively as well.

Excelente! Mis hijos an asistido dos a os en Doris reed, les encanta asistir a clases, adoran a su maestra de pre kinder ms summer, ahora est n con ms Susan Tucci muy buena en mi opini n!

I am so thankful that my son attended Doris Reed Elementary. Mrs Guski along with his speech therapist helped my son make so much progress. These people are talented, amazing and they gave a family hope and tools to help our autistic son succeed. My son is a different child after one school year with Mrs Guski and her team. THANK GOD for them!

MY daughter is currently in kindergarten for the 2009-2010 school year. We got very lucky in terms of having a great teacher,Ms.Garrett.I dont know how she handles a class of 30 children and now with budget cuts they are going to try and stuff more kids in the classroom. I am not impressed at all by the office staff;our welcome packet was not put together in the proper order, sometimes they send other students' absence records in my mail and when I send absent notes they never get put on record,I have to go down to the school myself to fix it. A lot of the children lack respect but I can see where the get it from...when you hold open the door for a father and his son and they just walk right past you without a simple thank you, it's no wonder.

My daughter attended kindergarden at Reed Elem. during the 08-09 term. The teachers and staff seem dedicated but limited. The parent community is lacking in academic support and enthusiasm. Sadly, another push through school.

Last modified Doris M Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.