Las Vegas, NV
Before care: Yes

Posted September 27, 2014
This was a wonderful school for my children! The teachers and staff were very involved with helping along my child's education. The sports programs were top run efficiently and effectively as well.

Posted October 11, 2013
Excelente! Mis hijos an asistido dos a os en Doris reed, les encanta asistir a clases, adoran a su maestra de pre kinder ms summer, ahora est n con ms Susan Tucci muy buena en mi opini n!

Posted June 17, 2010
I am so thankful that my son attended Doris Reed Elementary. Mrs Guski along with his speech therapist helped my son make so much progress. These people are talented, amazing and they gave a family hope and tools to help our autistic son succeed. My son is a different child after one school year with Mrs Guski and her team. THANK GOD for them!

Posted March 09, 2010
MY daughter is currently in kindergarten for the 2009-2010 school year. We got very lucky in terms of having a great teacher,Ms.Garrett.I dont know how she handles a class of 30 children and now with budget cuts they are going to try and stuff more kids in the classroom. I am not impressed at all by the office staff;our welcome packet was not put together in the proper order, sometimes they send other students' absence records in my mail and when I send absent notes they never get put on record,I have to go down to the school myself to fix it. A lot of the children lack respect but I can see where the get it from...when you hold open the door for a father and his son and they just walk right past you without a simple thank you, it's no wonder.

Posted July 01, 2009
My daughter attended kindergarden at Reed Elem. during the 08-09 term. The teachers and staff seem dedicated but limited. The parent community is lacking in academic support and enthusiasm. Sadly, another push through school.

Posted November 19, 2007

Posted June 07, 2006
Our boys started at Doris Reed this year (2005-2006. We have one in kindergarten, and one in second grade. We were very pleased and felt the teachers our children had were very good. Both teachers appeared to have their students' behavior well under control. Both teachers were easy to get ahold of, friendly, and attentive to my questions and concerns. My boys had opportunities to participate in drama and music, and my second grader was encouraged to participate in the science fair. Even with the high number of students in the kindergarten class and large number of non-English speaking students in kinder, the teacher my son had did a great job. He is ready for first grade. My second grader is a handful and his teacher did a marvelous job of keeping him busy and he learned so much this year! Way to go, Doris Reed ES!

Doris M Reed Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2003
Discipline is a major problem in all grade levels. There are too many children in each class! The teachers spend too much time dealing with disruptive students taking away the valuable teaching time. In my opinion the school is doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Parents need to take a more active roll in their children's education, first teaching them respect and consideration for their teachers and other school staff.

Doris M Reed Elementary School
2501 Winwood St, Las Vegas, NV  89108
Last modified Doris M Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doris M Reed Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top