Bad
Good

My children have been going to deskin for three years now,in that time the school has changed..for the worse, this school year they have implemented a"no homework"policy,meaning no school will be assigned homework,there was no parent/board meeting,just emails on the first day.My biggest concern is parenta not knowing what our children are being taught,how is a child suppose to be able to study,learn without homework?how are we as parents suppose to keep up on our childrens learning?I am very disappointed at Ruthe Deskin and if I had the opportunity i would switch my children.

My soon was there for 4 years, since kinder to 3rd grade, kinder and 1st grade, consider was very good!... 2nd grade and 3rd..we were not satisfied with the education and teachers, we decided move him to charters scholls, less and small classes sizes and groups... It was good experience en Ruthe D. But 2 years ago I heard on news and friends said one 5th grade took a baby gun to school!

Love the new honor roll system introduced by the new Principal Mr. Schrader. Each and every student received an award, be it for Best in Music, or Great Attitude towards other classmates, or any unique achievement. No one goes out empty-handed. Everyone's talent is appreciated. What a great motivation. This is really awesome. Congratulations to the new Executive Admin at Ruthe Deskin ES!!!

The kids have a new princabil and assistant princabal.Mr. Schrader is princabil.Ms.Zambas is assistant.the rules have changed a lot but its for the safety of the kids.Everything so far is wonder full.

I was not happy about the way this school treats children with disabilities, my child has Autism but is very kind and intelligent. After being bullied by a third grade teacher and then in 5th grade receiving F's in almost all his classes, he still was somehow able to place in accelerated math/science/english classes for middle school! He is unable to completely show his work but can tell you the answer off the top of his head, Get ready Deskin, there will be many more of these kids coming and you will have to figure out how to teach them, besides ruining their self esteems with an huge F on each and every paper, you get funding, I just wonder where it is being spent? Not every child learns the same

Ruthe Deskin has been a Great first stop for my kindergartner. Ms. Cohen has been an Amazing teacher and the kids love her. With the help of Ms. Cohen and the other kinder teacher my child is excited about learning and moving through the grades. The only issue i have is the front office. A few of the ladies at the office have too much attitude and aren't very helpful. They don't come right out and give you the answer the first time, they would rather you call back 6 times for a straight answer. NOT VERY GOOD LADIES!!!!

Ruthe Deskin has excellent teachers such as Mr. Martini, who in the third grade gave my daughter such enjoyment of learning through role-playing simulations. The school sets up reading groups with different teachers based on student ability, which really helps students to learn at their level.

I decided to write a review about this school because I noticed no one has since 2006! I am relatively new to this school. My son is in all day Kindergarten. So far, I have nothing but good things to say. I really like his teacher, who is very experienced and organized. I like the fact that they offer after school activities. My son takes part in Mad Science and Pastry Chefs which he looks forward to every week. I am impressed and satisfied with this school, so far.

My daughter is a 4th grader at this school. Aside from the principal I am very satisfied with the school as a whole. The teachers are very dedicated and my daughter has a different specialist every day. In addition the teachers will not hesitate to contact parents when necessary.

We have a new principal, she is wonderful. I was concerned when she came onboard because there was mass-exodus of long time teachers. This has been a good thing, bringing many fresh and dedicated teachers. The burnt-out, substandard teachers have left. Kudos to Mrs. Y! I wish she had come long ago. The music program is phenomenal, Mr. Bowser being recognized as a top teacher in Nevada. Ample opportunity for parents to participate, for any schedule/situation. One of my sons also has a neurological disability, and an IEP. He has excelled, been treated with respect and sensitivity, and his disability needs always accommodated. Speech teacher is marvelous.

Last modified Ruthe Deskin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.