Las Vegas, NV

Posted April 09, 2014
Love the new honor roll system introduced by the new Principal Mr. Schrader. Each and every student received an award, be it for Best in Music, or Great Attitude towards other classmates, or any unique achievement. No one goes out empty-handed. Everyone's talent is appreciated. What a great motivation. This is really awesome. Congratulations to the new Executive Admin at Ruthe Deskin ES!!!

Posted October 07, 2013
The kids have a new princabil and assistant princabal.Mr. Schrader is princabil.Ms.Zambas is assistant.the rules have changed a lot but its for the safety of the kids.Everything so far is wonder full.

Ruthe Deskin Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
I was not happy about the way this school treats children with disabilities, my child has Autism but is very kind and intelligent. After being bullied by a third grade teacher and then in 5th grade receiving F's in almost all his classes, he still was somehow able to place in accelerated math/science/english classes for middle school! He is unable to completely show his work but can tell you the answer off the top of his head, Get ready Deskin, there will be many more of these kids coming and you will have to figure out how to teach them, besides ruining their self esteems with an huge F on each and every paper, you get funding, I just wonder where it is being spent? Not every child learns the same

Ruthe Deskin Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2010
Ruthe Deskin has been a Great first stop for my kindergartner. Ms. Cohen has been an Amazing teacher and the kids love her. With the help of Ms. Cohen and the other kinder teacher my child is excited about learning and moving through the grades. The only issue i have is the front office. A few of the ladies at the office have too much attitude and aren't very helpful. They don't come right out and give you the answer the first time, they would rather you call back 6 times for a straight answer. NOT VERY GOOD LADIES!!!!

Posted March 03, 2008
Ruthe Deskin has excellent teachers such as Mr. Martini, who in the third grade gave my daughter such enjoyment of learning through role-playing simulations. The school sets up reading groups with different teachers based on student ability, which really helps students to learn at their level.

Ruthe Deskin Elementary School

Posted February 25, 2008
I decided to write a review about this school because I noticed no one has since 2006! I am relatively new to this school. My son is in all day Kindergarten. So far, I have nothing but good things to say. I really like his teacher, who is very experienced and organized. I like the fact that they offer after school activities. My son takes part in Mad Science and Pastry Chefs which he looks forward to every week. I am impressed and satisfied with this school, so far.

Ruthe Deskin Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2006
My daughter is a 4th grader at this school. Aside from the principal I am very satisfied with the school as a whole. The teachers are very dedicated and my daughter has a different specialist every day. In addition the teachers will not hesitate to contact parents when necessary.

Posted October 14, 2006
We have a new principal, she is wonderful. I was concerned when she came onboard because there was mass-exodus of long time teachers. This has been a good thing, bringing many fresh and dedicated teachers. The burnt-out, substandard teachers have left. Kudos to Mrs. Y! I wish she had come long ago. The music program is phenomenal, Mr. Bowser being recognized as a top teacher in Nevada. Ample opportunity for parents to participate, for any schedule/situation. One of my sons also has a neurological disability, and an IEP. He has excelled, been treated with respect and sensitivity, and his disability needs always accommodated. Speech teacher is marvelous.

Posted March 13, 2006
I've been very happy with the education my daughter has been receiving at Ruthe Deskin. She's had wonderful classroom teachers and excellent specialists as well. My daughter is in the GATE program and it keeps her inspired! There are ample opportunities for parental involvement in the classroom and in the school-wide activities. The more you are involved with your child's education, the more he/she will gain from it! The administration, faculty and staff of Ruthe Deskin welcomes all students with open arms and encourages parents to participate!

Ruthe Deskin Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2005
My son has been at Ruthe Deskin for 3 yrs now. He started 1st grade and aalso in 'Special Education' he has 'IEP'S' that are suppose to evaluate and determine the most effective academic program foe him 'Individule'.The Special Ed Teachers are suppose to have more knowleage in the area of learning disabilites,or better refered to as 'Learning Difficulties'.Every childs mind is different so every mind has a multidude of Neurodevelopmental prossces.A special ed teacher should be trained in focusing and identifing the breakdowns and work on fixing them so the child starts to excel. Once the child can his self esstems grows,his frustrations and depressions go away. Now you have a educationl program that is being funded for what its intended.It upsets me that our principal stands behind a mission statment but not inforce it! If being committed to academic achievments is so important then maybe she can provid some.

Ruthe Deskin Elementary School
4550 North Pioneer Way, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Ruthe Deskin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruthe Deskin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top