Bad
Good

I consider myself an SN advocate and if you have a choice I absolutely would not recommend allowing your child to go here, especially a special needs child. All schools, administrations, programs, teachers can improve and hopefully they will but the problems here run very deep and most of the staff are not on the side of the parent/child. They will sooner hide wrong doings then to change, improve or do the right thing. Be aware and be wary.

Most of the teachers at this school are older and counting the days until retirement. Unmotivated and lack interest. The front office lady is unfriendly and won't even make eye contact or greet when you enter the school. My child attended for three years and I felt unwelcome everything time I visited the school.

My daughter attended Beatty from Pre-K to 5th grade and loved it. She had caring, effective teachers and excelled in both academic and social areas. She is not successful in middle school and I attribute this success to her own determination as well as the influence of good teachers from Beatty.

Beatty is an awesome school! My daughter has been attending Beatty for the last 3 years. She has had wonderful teachers who have inspired her to love learning and especially develop a love of reading. Whenever I have had a question, the teachers have been very quick to respond back to me. My child has felt valued, loved and important. The administration really cares about each student. Each day they can be found on the black top where the students enter onto the playground. Cheerful music is always playing, thanks to Mr. Wilson. The administration leads the children in their school rules and pledge each morning. Children are also recongnized for birthdays and "Caught ya's" during morning opening. I feel very fortunate that my child is able to attend a public school that has caring teachers and staff and where academic achievement is given high priority.

My son loves this school. Great kids! Great Teachers!

Beatty has been a wonderful school with many opportunities for the parents to be involved. We have had good experiences with caring and competent teachers. I believe the school has made improvements with Mr. Vantine as the principal. He is always in the hallways and very friendly.

My eldest son has just finished 1st grade with Miss Mac,she is a wonderful,creative teacher.My son loves going to school.We have all been very happy here,everyone is so nice and helpful.

I currently have 2 children at this school. K and 1st grade were a bit rough for my oldest as his teachers were brand new. They weren't bad, they just weren't great. Currently my 2nd grader has Miss Powell and my Kind. has Mrs. Schott. Both phenomenal teachers. Beatty has a lot of excellent teachers you just need to ask around. The school activities have been fantastic. My children love this school.

Last modified John R Beatty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5