Posted May 22, 2014
This has always been a nice school and I think they are getting better every year

Posted February 25, 2013
5 years ago my son had Mrs.Lorifing for his kindergarten teacher. She was amazing!! She taught him to read within the first two weeks of school. She was super organized and had a lot of parent help. Great school.

M J Christensen Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2012
I have had a child in this school for 4 years and have seen it go DOWN hill in the past year. Bullying is a bug problem and it seems to go by the wayside. I am seeking a better school for my son. He no longer looks forward to going to school here and his grades have dropped drastically.

M J Christensen Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2012
When I went there in first grade, the teachers didn't care about me. When I fell one time and scraped up my whole face, the teacher said nothing and was careless. The next day I went in the class with bandages all over my face THEN the teachers said, "what happened". When I had a small fever they wouldn't let me go to the nurse because they found out that another student had a higher fever. I'm hoping it will become a better school and has changed since before. I did have many caring friends and they agreed that they saw the scraps and helped me through hard times. There was very few bully issues and when your little you never wanted to tell your parents, but I now confess. It was a decent school, until I went to private school. It was so much better than that mean place.

M J Christensen Elementary School 2

Posted January 06, 2012
The education my children have received so far, is barely mediocre. A lot of the staff I've encountered at this school are lazy, condescending, and even rude - to both students and parents. These are not the qualities in teachers and office staff, that I want influencing my children. I'm currently looking into enrolling my children in a private school to get them away from this mess.

Posted April 12, 2010

M J Christensen Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2009
Although my daughter had three teacher changes in the first semester of third grade, once she was eventually placed in her permanent class, the teacher was really good and seemed to really care. (Her precious teachers had all left for various reasons) My daughter enjoys school here and I feel she is learning so I guess that is all that matters right now!

M J Christensen Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
This school has been a wonderful place for my child to learn. I love the staff and teachers. Unfortunately, the new principal is very stand-offish and doesn't involve himself with the children. I am actively looking for a new home in order to get my child away from what once a bright spot in my life.

M J Christensen Elementary School 0

Posted March 19, 2009
All three of my children have gone to school here. One is in high school and two are still attending MJ. This school has always been great. My kids love the 'specials' and they think Mr. 'A', the PE teacher, is fantastic. The front office staff is one of the best around. I am always greeted with a smile. All of the teachers are caring and want the students to excel. Always fantastic communication. The no bully policy is strictly enforced. I wish this school had a jr. high attached to it so my 5th grader could continue here next year!

Posted July 17, 2008
Mrs. Lorfing is an excellent Kindergarten teacher. She is fair and very upbeat. Mr. Cuda is an awesome music teacher!! Teacher at this school are wonderful and the front office assistants are so bubbly and pleasant. This school I would highly recommend to anyone. :) Go Mariner's!!

M J Christensen Elementary School
9001 Mariner Cove Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89117
Last modified M J Christensen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
M J Christensen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top